Jump to content

ASICS Gel-Course Glide Golf Shoes


Recommended Posts

Just bought and tried out a pair of these shoes. I normally get a 40% discount, but because of COVID it was increased to a 60% discount with free shipping. I couldn’t resist at $52. ASICS golf shoes have never been beautiful in my minds eye, but these were tolerable so I pulled the trigger. 
 

These are quite comfortable. Now I would not say they are as comfortable/cushioned as the Puma golf shoes, but these are a much more stable shoe with a solid heel counter. They readily accommodate an orthotic and the toe box is quite roomy even at a regular width. They appear to be true to size. They do not appear to be available in wide widths. 
 

The shoe appears to be well made. Good torsional stability and the forefoot breaks at the appropriate spot. Insole is removable. If anyone is on the fence about this shoe, I give it my professional seal of approval. 

4FAE6F22-7E36-4631-AC0B-5A625BFFE334.jpeg

A1DF49EA-5B96-4A9B-8846-FBE6BF4812C0.jpeg

FDB362B0-E9C3-4790-8487-C65789E6F4CE.jpeg

C7B37F71-0F9C-4840-A1A3-BF907F8A50C5.png

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joen said:

Just bought and tried out a pair of these shoes. I normally get a 40% discount, but because of COVID it was increased to a 60% discount with free shipping. I couldn’t resist at $52. ASICS golf shoes have never been beautiful in my minds eye, but these were tolerable so I pulled the trigger. 
 

These are quite comfortable. Now I would not say they are as comfortable/cushioned as the Puma golf shoes, but these are a much more stable shoe with a solid heel counter. They readily accommodate an orthotic and the toe box is quite roomy even at a regular width. They appear to be true to size. They do not appear to be available in wide widths. 
 

The shoe appears to be well made. Good torsional stability and the forefoot breaks at the appropriate spot. Insole is removable. If anyone is on the fence about this shoe, I give it my professional seal of approval. 

4FAE6F22-7E36-4631-AC0B-5A625BFFE334.jpeg

A1DF49EA-5B96-4A9B-8846-FBE6BF4812C0.jpeg

FDB362B0-E9C3-4790-8487-C65789E6F4CE.jpeg

C7B37F71-0F9C-4840-A1A3-BF907F8A50C5.png

Are those perforations in the toe? If so your feet might get a bit wet in soggy grass. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Are those perforations in the toe? If so your feet might get a bit wet in soggy grass. 

Yes they are. I believe they are listed as water repellent while the BOAs are waterproof. With that said...my round this morning was with wet grass....and I was missing plenty of fairways this morning so they got put to the test. My toes did not get wet at all. So I guess they are water repellent. Lol. Would I wear them on a day with rain forecast....no I would not. 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joen said:

Just bought and tried out a pair of these shoes. I normally get a 40% discount, but because of COVID it was increased to a 60% discount with free shipping. I couldn’t resist at $52. ASICS golf shoes have never been beautiful in my minds eye, but these were tolerable so I pulled the trigger. 
 

These are quite comfortable. Now I would not say they are as comfortable/cushioned as the Puma golf shoes, but these are a much more stable shoe with a solid heel counter. They readily accommodate an orthotic and the toe box is quite roomy even at a regular width. They appear to be true to size. They do not appear to be available in wide widths. 
 

The shoe appears to be well made. Good torsional stability and the forefoot breaks at the appropriate spot. Insole is removable. If anyone is on the fence about this shoe, I give it my professional seal of approval. 

4FAE6F22-7E36-4631-AC0B-5A625BFFE334.jpeg

A1DF49EA-5B96-4A9B-8846-FBE6BF4812C0.jpeg

FDB362B0-E9C3-4790-8487-C65789E6F4CE.jpeg

C7B37F71-0F9C-4840-A1A3-BF907F8A50C5.png

Those look sick!   I would totally game those.

ahh dammit, they are not available in Canada!

 

 

Edited by Hotdocta
  • Sad 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Update. These have been my COVID golf shoes. I have put a lot of miles on them this summer as I have walked much more than I have taken a cart. They have held up nicely. I still have avoided wearing them on days when it might rain.  These are a solid pair of shoes. 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 3:03 PM, joen said:

Update. These have been my COVID golf shoes. I have put a lot of miles on them this summer as I have walked much more than I have taken a cart. They have held up nicely. I still have avoided wearing them on days when it might rain.  These are a solid pair of shoes. 

You mentioned above they take an orthotic insert easily.... can I ask if you are an over pronator?

My podiatrist put me in ASICS years ago because I over pronate and wear some custom orthotics -  but I have never tried their golf shoes before, and have always been on the look out for a shoe for over pronation. Just curious. 

I’d really like to try the ASICS Gel Ace released this year, but haven’t found a single review...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 9:54 PM, WaffleHouseTour said:

You mentioned above they take an orthotic insert easily.... can I ask if you are an over pronator?

My podiatrist put me in ASICS years ago because I over pronate and wear some custom orthotics -  but I have never tried their golf shoes before, and have always been on the look out for a shoe for over pronation. Just curious. 

I’d really like to try the ASICS Gel Ace released this year, but haven’t found a single review...

No. I am not an overpronator. However, as someone who is actually a podiatrist (and didn’t just spend the night in a Holiday Inn).....I can tell you that the ASICS brand is a solid shoe and should serve you well. If you want maximum stability, I generally recommend one of the Adidas Tour shoes to patients. The new HOVR shoe from Under Armour is also a very solid choice for an overpronator. 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice!

 

  • Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...