Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MyGolfSpanners... Its In The Game.

Alright Boys & Girls.. my name is Brett Murray, Scottish amateur player from the sunny shores of St Andrews, Scotland (The Home of Golf)....Ok so I know my handicap doesn't look great on paper to be gaming these badboys but I went up from 2 to 4 after some serious golf swing changes, then COVID hit resulting in course closures so that's my excuses out the way... Here is what I am gaming

Woods

Driver// Mizuno ST 190 9.5 (set 7.5). ATX60 Tour // TX flex

3Wood// Mizuno ST190 15 (set 16). Mitsubushi Chemical Diamana // TX flex

Irons

2-9// Maxfli Australian Blade MCT 97 (Maltby) // True Temper Dynamic Gold // X100 Flex

Wedges

48// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // F Grind .10bounce

54// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // F Grind. 14 bounce

60// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // K Grind. 14 bounce

Putter

STX Sync Tour // Black Insert

Bag

Ping Hoofer2 (vintage)

Ps if anyone has the 1 iron of Maxfli Australian blade MCT97 and are happy to sell it please don't hesitate in responding. Many Thanks. Fore!!

Oz1.jpeg

stx1.jpg

vinhoof1.png

vok2.jpg

Edited by Brettyboy187
forgot some material

All I have to say is you live in a great place! Me an my wife along with two other couples went to St. Andrews in 2009. It was the greatest golf trip ever, the ladies absolutely loved the trip too!

We plan on coming back and staying for a couple of weeks, just driving from golf course to golf course. Beautiful country and great people!

Good luck with the golf.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 5/20/2020 at 12:48 AM, GaDawg said:

All I have to say is you live in a great place! Me an my wife along with two other couples went to St. Andrews in 2009. It was the greatest golf trip ever, the ladies absolutely loved the trip too!

We plan on coming back and staying for a couple of weeks, just driving from golf course to golf course. Beautiful country and great people!

Good luck with the golf.

Aww I know I am extremely fortunate, just wish i better play.. all in time.. Which course/place do you play out of yourself?

My older brother is caddie master @ The Old Collier, Naples Florida.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, Brettyboy187 said:

Alright Boys & Girls.. my name is Brett Murray, Scottish amateur player from the sunny shores of St Andrews, Scotland (The Home of Golf)....Ok so I know my handicap doesn't look great on paper to be gaming these badboys but I went up from 2 to 4 after some serious golf swing changes, then COVID hit resulting in course closures so that's my excuses out the way... Here is what I am gaming

Woods

Driver// Mizuno ST 190 9.5 (set 7.5). ATX60 Tour // TX flex

3Wood// Mizuno ST190 15 (set 16). Mitsubushi Chemical Diamana // TX flex

Irons

2-9// Maxfli Australian Blade MCT 97 (Maltby) // True Temper Dynamic Gold // X100 Flex

Wedges

48// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // F Grind .10bounce

54// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // F Grind. 14 bounce

60// Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black finish // K Grind. 14 bounce

Putter

STX Sync Tour // Black Insert

Bag

Ping Hoofer2 (vintage)

Ps if anyone has the 1 iron of Maxfli Australian blade MCT97 and are happy to sell it please don't hesitate in responding. Many Thanks. Fore!!

Some pictures would be great!

I used to play an STX Sync Tour and generally liked it, but I finally determined a face-balanced putter was not for me - I was way too inconsistent with it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 5/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, Brettyboy187 said:

stx 3.jpg

stx1.jpg

stx2.jpg

I see the spider in the background, what led you to chose the STX over that?

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

6 hours ago, connerp93 said:

I see the spider in the background, what led you to chose the STX over that?

Hi Connor, I own quite a few putters (not really something to brag about but its true)- The Spider is 45 degree toe-hang-weighted. So you have to setup slightly different to the STX Sync Tour which is completely face balanced... I am straight-straight putter, minimal arc... So with that setup face balanced everything should be even weight, ball centre, no shaft lean.

With the Spider 45 degree toe hang, setup with more weight left side ball roughly same position but shaft lean, thus lowering left shoulder.

Its a comfort think but I have Cleveland SmartSquare putter face-balanced but heavy weighted- for windy days for stability. STX for calmer days, fast greens.

Toe hang putters take out on course when want to putt aggressive. - Sorry long-winded explanation hahahaha take care brother

Hi Connor, I own quite a few putters (not really something to brag about but its true)- The Spider is 45 degree toe-hang-weighted. So you have to setup slightly different to the STX Sync Tour which is completely face balanced... I am straight-straight putter, minimal arc... So with that setup face balanced everything should be even weight, ball centre, no shaft lean.
With the Spider 45 degree toe hang, setup with more weight left side ball roughly same position but shaft lean, thus lowering left shoulder.
Its a comfort think but I have Cleveland SmartSquare putter face-balanced but heavy weighted- for windy days for stability. STX for calmer days, fast greens.
Toe hang putters take out on course when want to putt aggressive. - Sorry long-winded explanation hahahaha take care brother
Totally makes sense, I've been a big fan of the spider but I have a fairly large putting arc. And go ahead and brag, if not here than where else, right? :)

Sent from my SM-G973U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap