TESTERS WANTED! ×

I have seen a lot of these pro tracer apps. Are they worth getting? If so what ones?

thanks. 

Driver: Titleist Titanium 983K, 10.5, Aldial Green 85-X

FW: Nike Covert VRS 2.0, 15, Kuro Kage 70G

Hybrid: Adams A4 3H, 18,  Rayon Javlnfx h80

Iron: JPX 900 Forged 4-5 JPX 900 Tour 6-PW, Project X 5.5

Wedges:SM7 50 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 D Grind

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot 9, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Prov1x

I am interested in this as well. Interested in a mounting device that sits on my bag. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I recently got the "Shot Tracer" app on IOS to test and it seems like a cool idea, but set up is extremely important. You need to have the phone mounted to something (cannot hold it) and you need to be in the right setting (there are ones for short shots and ones for long shots) Here are a couple of quick screen shots I took of the videos it created when I tested it. Still waiting on my phone mount to come in so I can try it out on the course "Correctly". 

3 photos:

1) shows if you use it in "Shot Tracer" aka Long shots, but hit a short shot...Clearly it is using the original trajectory and guessing where the ball was going to go, but you can see it landing in the yard area in front of me...Trust me I did not hit the ball down the red line. Don't think my neighbors would have liked that. I am hoping that when I get my phone mount in and try a full shot on the range/course, the tracer will be more accurate.

2) Shows the "Ball Tracer" aka short shots and hitting a short shot. Works a lot better. (no dogs were harmed in the filming of this video - he barley even notices)

3) Shows "Swing Tracer" which is more of a visual strobe of your club. This was an old video that I already had on my phone, so I am not correctly framed in the camera, but have not been to a range where I can prop my phone up yet to try this feature fully, or test the regular shot tracer on a full shot. 

I will also note, that the processing of these videos is pretty slow. It works faster if you film in right in the app, but for the swing tracer one (#3) because it was a longer video than this app needed, It took like 15 mins or so to do that one thing. 

I will try and update this post when I get a chance to try this with a more correct set up. 

IMG_4240.PNG

IMG_4241.PNG

IMG_4242.PNG

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Ok, found another video on my phone from an actual golf course. Used the app in the Ball Tracer mode and it actually worked pretty good, albeit slow (Took 20 mins to render the video - So if you are going to do a full round, it could take a LONG time). I am just holding the phone by hand in the video so no real stabilization other than not trying to move during a friends shot. 

(Photo Location: 4th Hole, Black Horse, Monterey, CA)

*Note: There is also a putt tracer in this app, but I have not tried it yet. 

IMG_4244.PNG

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

That is pretty cool. Some good videos, but it sounds like there is a learning curve. I will give it a whirl. Good shot from the fallen trees BTW! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

i got the s*** Tracer app recently since im working on the G710 reviews and it works decently. I've spent $1 on worse things. I had someone take a video of my shot during a round and then when i was home i uploaded it into the app and it worked decently. Prolly needed to be a little further back but ppl could get the idea of the ball path. For $1 its not bad.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I got the one for 5.99 I think and really don't video myself much to begin with, but still find, i simply will take a regular video so it goes unused for me.  

I've taken one or two and it seems to capture the ball decently and is pretty accurate, but I just haven't found myself using it.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"