TESTERS WANTED! ×

Next Golf Trip

I recently had to cancel a golf trip to Sand Valley and Erin Hills. I live in Atlanta and would like to plan a trip within driving distance of me so within ~8 hours of driving from Atlanta. Any recommendations of trips to do? I've played Pinehurst but not since they've redone No. 4 or added the cradle.

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

If you want a short drive go to the golf capital of Tennessee. Crossville is about 3 to 3-1/2 hrs from you. Stonehedge, Craig, Brae, Dorchester and  Bear Trace are all good courses. There are at least six others in that area as well  but I haven't played the others.

I'm sure you have been to Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach being from Atlanta.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If you want a short drive go to the golf capital of Tennessee. Crossville is about 3 to 3-1/2 hrs from you. Stonehedge, Craig, Brae, Dorchester and  Bear Trace are all good courses. There are at least six others in that area as well  but I haven't played the others.

I'm sure you have been to Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach being from Atlanta.

Just checked out their website. Nice looking courses!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Just checked out their website. Nice looking courses!

You won't be disappointed.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

17 hours ago, PowerFadetoaslice said:

I recently had to cancel a golf trip to Sand Valley and Erin Hills. I live in Atlanta and would like to plan a trip within driving distance of me so within ~8 hours of driving from Atlanta. Any recommendations of trips to do? I've played Pinehurst but not since they've redone No. 4 or added the cradle.

Look up Sweetens Cove Golf club right outside Chattanooga, TN. 9 hole course with 2 pin locations on the green to play like 18 holes. All day packages. They limit the number of people playing so it’ll never be overcrowded. 

In Alabama, you got all the RTJ courses. If interested I’d look into playing Muscle Shoals, Capitol Hill, Ross Bridge, or Lakewood. Alabama also has an awesome public course I’d play everyday if I could at Farmlinks. 

A little further west, you have a couple golf courses paired together in MIssissippi that are fun to play. Old Waverly Golf Club and Mossy Oak Golf Club.

Edited by Mtbryant01

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Look up Sweetens Cove Golf club right outside Chattanooga, TN. 9 hole course with 2 pin locations on the green to play like 18 holes. All day packages. They limit the number of people playing so it’ll never be overcrowded. 

In Alabama, you got all the RTJ courses. If interested I’d look into playing Muscle Shoals, Capitol Hill, Ross Bridge, or Lakewood. Alabama also has an awesome public course I’d play everyday if I could at Farmlinks. 

A little further west, you have a couple golf courses paired together in MIssissippi that are fun to play. Old Waverly Golf Club and Mossy Oak Golf Club.

Definitely worth a trip to Sweetens. Great place. The course at Sewanee is also there and I've heard is worth a trip if you're in the area.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

Plain and simple...Kiawah, if you don't want to do Pinehurst again.  The Cradle is ok and number 4 is no joke but it's also $400 to play, for that just play #2.   

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 5/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, SteddyGolf said:

Head west through Alabama to the Ross Bridge Course. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Strong second on this one. Though maybe only use the tips for your photographs...

I did a guys' trip about 4 years ago to Birmingham and we did Ross Bridge, Oxmoor Valley, and Silver Lakes. In a previous life, I also played down at Capitol Hill and only really remember being completely beaten up by it. (I'm pretty sure there was one hole that was 600 yds tipped out and it played dead into the wind. I might have hit Dr, 3w, 3w and been short.)

And SE TN/SW NC have some really incredible courses, scenery, beer, and lodging options while staying pretty close to home for you so you're not spending all your time in the car. (FWIW, Bryson City is one of my favorites, but the best food in my life was in Clay County, NC.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Strong second on this one. Though maybe only use the tips for your photographs...
I did a guys' trip about 4 years ago to Birmingham and we did Ross Bridge, Oxmoor Valley, and Silver Lakes. In a previous life, I also played down at Capitol Hill and only really remember being completely beaten up by it. (I'm pretty sure there was one hole that was 600 yds tipped out and it played dead into the wind. I might have hit Dr, 3w, 3w and been short.)
And SE TN/SW NC have some really incredible courses, scenery, beer, and lodging options while staying pretty close to home for you so you're not spending all your time in the car. (FWIW, Bryson City is one of my favorites, but the best food in my life was in Clay County, NC.)

Man that’s funny because I played all the courses you mentioned and my best round came at capital hill. Pulling in off the free way I was less than impressed but once out on the course it was pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges.