TESTERS WANTED! ×

WITB - Ft. Worth, TX!

Hello All,

My first WITB kicks off with an anti-climactic "it's not actually in my bag because it's getting a new shaft".

My current driver is an Adams Speedline Super S 10.5 cranked down to 9.5 with a soon to be 60 gram X-Stiff shaft and tour velvet grip. What is currently sitting in the bag holding the SuperS's place is my Taylormade R580xd 9 (non conforming now i believe....oops) with the stock stiff shaft that I got back in high school second hand. I have special place for this bad boy, and it still holds up pretty well on the tee box even thought its 17 years old now. 

My 3 wood and 3 hybrid match up with the aforementioned SuperS, both in matrix 65's. 

3-PW are my ready to retire Taylormade Rac OS II's in the stock stiff shafts. I plan on going through a full iron fitting this year and replacing these, some people tell me that a 15 year old set of irons couldn't possibly keep up with the technology of today....how dare they 🙂 ? 

52 and 56 wedges are my Calloway MD3's both in S grind with stiff true temper golds, the grooves are still fairly sharp but they may go along with the OS II's when I get fit.

The putter and probably a most embarrassing piece of the puzzle is the Wilson BlackJack 206 but it's one of the best areas of my game and if it works...I'm probably going to keep with it.

I've been playing a Calloway supersoft recently but I'll be throwing a box of TP5's in this weekend at the recommendation of a friend.

I'm happy to answer any questions, or take a suggestion or 2 for the new iron set!

-Conner

Irons.jpg

Putter.jpg

Wedges.jpg

Woods.jpg

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

A former player of mine has the LT version of those irons!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

A former player of mine has the LT version of those irons!!!

@PMookie It was such a good year for Irons with Taylormade, I think they still hold up to alot of what is out today. Certainly when you account for the traditional lofts these had!

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

Descriptions are in the signature. My irons are 20 years old and still play great but I'm surely losing a bit of distance. Added an inch to my 7 thru LW a few years ago and switched to jumbo grips and stuck with it.

Never been fit but hope to have the chance soon. Still manage to knock it around pretty well with these guys

IMG_20200521_160508.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200521160224261_COVER.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200521155925818_COVER.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200521155953016.jpg

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Hello All,
My first WITB kicks off with an anti-climactic "it's not actually in my bag because it's getting a new shaft".
My current driver is an Adams Speedline Super S 10.5 cranked down to 9.5 with a soon to be 60 gram X-Stiff shaft and tour velvet grip. What is currently sitting in the bag holding the SuperS's place is my Taylormade R580xd 9 (non conforming now i believe....oops) with the stock stiff shaft that I got back in high school second hand. I have special place for this bad boy, and it still holds up pretty well on the tee box even thought its 17 years old now. 
My 3 wood and 3 hybrid match up with the aforementioned SuperS, both in matrix 65's. 
3-PW are my ready to retire Taylormade Rac OS II's in the stock stiff shafts. I plan on going through a full iron fitting this year and replacing these, some people tell me that a 15 year old set of irons couldn't possibly keep up with the technology of today....how dare they  ? 
52 and 56 wedges are my Calloway MD3's both in S grind with stiff true temper golds, the grooves are still fairly sharp but they may go along with the OS II's when I get fit.
The putter and probably a most embarrassing piece of the puzzle is the Wilson BlackJack 206 but it's one of the best areas of my game and if it works...I'm probably going to keep with it.
I've been playing a Calloway supersoft recently but I'll be throwing a box of TP5's in this weekend at the recommendation of a friend.
I'm happy to answer any questions, or take a suggestion or 2 for the new iron set!
-Conner
Irons.thumb.jpg.a2e09ac106a2a4cefe90f256f268c153.jpg
Putter.thumb.jpg.7c4269cb65962a9af14349e8521e2f48.jpg
Wedges.thumb.jpg.be6a8f4fc3171bb42bcd634a3fa282ec.jpg
Woods.thumb.jpg.867ee11ec67ce2630075bdae4c3ae336.jpg
Oh man. The RACs were on my wish list back in the day! So clean!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review