2020 Official Member Review: Ben Hogan Icon & PTX Pro/Icon Combo Irons

I got my Black Players Combo set 4-7 PTx Pro (no UiHi in black sadly) & 8-PW Icons with Tour-V 120 X in them and I absolutely love them.

Distances are super consistent, love the stopping power even in the lower lofted irons..

Need to play more and work is getting in the way.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

My latest dilemma is do I reshaft my Hogans into Rapid Tapers or save them and build out a different set with the RT's.

Originally planned to do combo weights, 75, 85 & 95 through to the PW.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bo Derek of Irons sold them for me!!! lol @joen

Currently playing some 50th Anniversary APEX blades from 2003. Need a little help now in the longer irons, as i'm not playing as much as i did, so will be ordering either the PTx PROs or the Combo set later this month.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

🚨 Zombie Thread Alert 🚨

Finally got around to lacing up my spare set of Matrix Ozik Program 130 shafts in the ICONs on Saturday. Assuming that Sunday’s round in blustery conditions was indicative of their enduring utility, I should have dug into this project much sooner. If a smoother loading shaft exists, I’ve never swung it. Great balance, touch higher launch and tight draws. I also personally think the color combo turned out none too shabby.

141A1732-CBB4-409E-9373-71BD7C324EB6.jpeg.0c389be3f3b27eca2948d07c6804dcfb.jpeg

These were originally a set of Adams CMB pullouts that should have covered 4-PW. Upon closer inspection, the tip on the 5-iron looked a smidge overcooked, so I ended up soft stepping the 4-iron shaft and slipping an Adams Super Proto DHY into the 4-iron slot.

Shout out to Grail Golf for the long red collared ferrules and @PokeForeLyfe for a great deal on the shafts. This DIY project was under $130 out the door! With the daylight savings switch around the corner, I’m super stoked about spending more quality time with these beauties!

Those look great. I don’t know much about Ozik’s but I hope they pair nicely. 

• Like 4
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index