Jfontes

Tiger, Phil and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Match

Our Sponsors

What do you guys think about this 2 on 2 match they just announced?

Sent from my SM-N970U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Pretty cool. I mean, any live sports right now is awesome and live golf would be even better. Love the rivalry between the quarterbacks and the golfers. Hopefully its a little better put together than the tiger vs phil last summer

• Like 1

Ill probably watch, but would be fine if it doesn't actually happen. 

• Like 2

I wont watch it.  Im not really down for watching 2 washed up PGA Tour pros and a washed up NFL qb and another who has been retired for a few years.  Theres nothing worse than watching athletes you admire who arent professional golfers try to play golf and struggle at it.

Golf truly is the great equalizer in that way.  You can be the greatest athlete in the world and still stink at golf.

• Like 1

I'd rather watch old tournaments like the 2016 Ryder. That would be far more exciting even though I know the outcome.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 8:35 PM, Pingistheanser said:

I wont watch it.  Im not really down for watching 2 washed up PGA Tour pros and a washed up NFL qb and another who has been retired for a few years.  Theres nothing worse than watching athletes you admire who arent professional golfers try to play golf and struggle at it.

Golf truly is the great equalizer in that way.  You can be the greatest athlete in the world and still stink at golf.

Washed up? Bold choice of words.

• Like 4

It will be fun to watch, if all sports and social media ceased tomorrow, I would go fish and not miss caca!

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:35 PM, Pingistheanser said:

Im not really down for watching 2 washed up PGA Tour pros...

Phil's best days seem to be behind them, I'll give you that.  The other guy is the reigning Masters champ.  "Washed up" is a stretch, to put it mildly...

• Like 1

With the disaster that was "The Match", I'm a bit less excited.  However, I am a pretty big Phil fan since I'm a Lefty and a big Colts fan so that ticks two boxes there.  

I doubt the quality of play will be all that good with this match either, but maybe the trash talk is better since Tiger and Phil know what to expect.  Also, I would think they plan ahead a bit better if there is a betting aspect to it.

I might watch, but if it is nice out, I'd rather go play golf myself.

I would like to see the tours get started again, without fans is ok with me.  

Maybe watch it depends what else is going on at that time. If we’re still in a partial shutdown it could be the best option of the day.
I’m not really big on the made for TV “Fun” stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't much care for these events either. We already have "made for TV" golf as is. The PGA 3-club Tour.

• Like 1

I've seen enough Phil to last me awhile.  Maybe if it was Tiger and just about any other top 10 player I might show some interest.

The Rickie/Wolfe vs Rory/Johnson seems more interesting

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, 2puttbogey said:

The Rickie/Wolfe vs Rory/Johnson seems more interesting

I agree. I feel that a big reason that I am not interested in Phil/Tiger 2.0 is that addition of two football players.. I get the idea of reaching a broader audience but I really do not care to watch those two play golf..

It is golf so I will probably watch it.  If it is on PPV than I will not.  I do not watch PPV.

24 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I agree. I feel that a big reason that I am not interested in Phil/Tiger 2.0 is that addition of two football players.. I get the idea of reaching a broader audience but I really do not care to watch those two play golf..

... Funny, I feel the exact opposite. I love watching athletes from other sports play golf. Especially 2 HOF football players out pf their element on a golf course. Our games are much closer to Brady/Manning than 2 guys with 126 PGA Tour wins between them. That said I would also watch Tiger hit a golf ball under any circumstances. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure how much Phil will be into it, since he won't actually be able to pocket any money with this one, but I'm sure the banter will be somewhat enjoyable.  The light trash talking going on has already been mildly entertaining.  Tiger will want his revenge, so I might as well give it a go.