TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger, Phil and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Match

Jfontes

No caddies. About a dozen neck/back/knee surgeries between Peyton and Tiger combined. That and one foursome on the course, having the carts took care of a lot of the downtime between shots. Also was helpful with the delayed start from the rain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Never suggested they didn’t have reason for carts. Only that I was not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'll admit that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.  It was kind of what I expected: Tiger and Peyton were entertaining, Phil and Brady were a bit full of themselves.  Phil overanalyzed his wedge shots so much that I wasnt sure if it was Phil or Bryson.  I also had to laugh at how Brady didnt say a word when he was sucking but after he holed out from the fairway all you heard from him was trash talk.  Tom, just shut up.  You suck at golf and no way are you an 8 handicap.  I wish Brooks would have offered Brady $100K to quit after 9 holes and spare us all watching him hack it around the course.

Chuck on color commentary was fun.  I loved when he said after Tiger hit a shot, "that looks just like me" and when they told him he was dreaming, he was like, "I mean we're both black."  Brilliant.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Tom holed out as Barkley, and pretty much everyone watching, was roasting his game. Course he talked some trash back after that happened. I'm not sure why people are acting like one round on a tough golf course in the pouring rain while on TV playing with two of the best golfers in the world is enough to say Brady is exaggerating his handicap. He didn't play great, so what, that doesn't mean he's lying about his handicap. Dude's prepping for the upcoming NFL season. And anyway, the event was to raise money for charity, which they did a lot of. How good Tom Brady is at golf doesn't mean anything. It was a fun event that raised a lot of money for a good cause.

I'll admit that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.  It was kind of what I expected: Tiger and Peyton were entertaining, Phil and Brady were a bit full of themselves.  Phil overanalyzed his wedge shots so much that I wasnt sure if it was Phil or Bryson.  I also had to laugh at how Brady didnt say a word when he was sucking but after he holed out from the fairway all you heard from him was trash talk.  Tom, just shut up.  You suck at golf and no way are you an 8 handicap.  I wish Brooks would have offered Brady $100K to quit after 9 holes and spare us all watching him hack it around the course.
Chuck on color commentary was fun.  I loved when he said after Tiger hit a shot, "that looks just like me" and when they told him he was dreaming, he was like, "I mean we're both black."  Brilliant.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

3 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Tom holed out as Barkley, and pretty much everyone watching, was roasting his game. Course he talked some trash back after that happened. I'm not sure why people are acting like one round on a tough golf course in the pouring rain while on TV playing with two of the best golfers in the world is enough to say Brady is exaggerating his handicap. He didn't play great, so what, that doesn't mean he's lying about his handicap. Dude's prepping for the upcoming NFL season. And anyway, the event was to raise money for charity, which they did a lot of. How good Tom Brady is at golf doesn't mean anything. It was a fun event that raised a lot of money for a good cause.

Call me one of those people who doesnt believe Tom is an 8 handicap.  At this point in his life, being on TV shouldnt matter.  Him chirping at Chuck after he hit his first good shot of the day is akin to him losing by 41 points in a game, finally scoring a toughdown and chirping at the other team.  The problem isnt that he talked trash to Chuck, its that he proceeded to talk trash for the rest of the day after that.  You finally hit a good shot, Tom, good job.  What about all the other tee shots that you snap hooked OB and that fact that your game was so bad that you didnt even hit driver all day?  Brady just proved why, other than people who live in Boston or who are Michigan football fans, no one can stand him.

Its funny how Tiger and Peyton managed to make it a fun event and be entertaining without making an arse of themselves.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Chuck isn't one who should ever be chirping anyone about their golf game by your standards. Sounds to me like you just don't like Tom. Move on. His play didn't matter. The event was fun and did a lot of good.

Call me one of those people who doesnt believe Tom is an 8 handicap.  At this point in his life, being on TV shouldnt matter.  Him chirping at Chuck after he hit his first good shot of the day is akin to him losing by 41 points in a game, finally scoring a toughdown and chirping at the other team.  The problem isnt that he talked trash to Chuck, its that he proceeded to talk trash for the rest of the day after that.  You finally hit a good shot, Tom, good job.  What about all the other tee shots that you snap hooked OB and that fact that your game was so bad that you didnt even hit driver all day?  Brady just proved why, other than people who live in Boston or who are Michigan football fans, no one can stand him.
Its funny how Tiger and Peyton managed to make it a fun event and be entertaining without making an arse of themselves.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

If you hadn’t seen this yet, it’s awesome! #SEC
IMG_1811.PNG

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I watched a good portion of the Match 2 while I made dinner for the family. I was really surprised by how much I liked it. I will say, as a Miami Dolphins fan, it was really nice to see Brady struggle. At least for a little bit. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I watched a good portion of the Match 2 while I made dinner for the family. I was really surprised by how much I liked it. I will say, as a Miami Dolphins fan, it was really nice to see Brady struggle. At least for a little bit. 

It was a entertaining show for Charity. I’m not a huge Brady or Peyton fan but that’s only because I’m a Giants fan. All good!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It was a entertaining show for Charity. I’m not a huge Brady or Peyton fan but that’s only because I’m a Giants fan. All good!

I was shocked Peyton wasn't better on the mic. Maybe it was the pressure of hitting golf shots. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I was shocked Peyton wasn't better on the mic. Maybe it was the pressure of hitting golf shots. 

I’m looking at it as a live unscripted show, out of their comfort zone that was for Charity but still very competitive between themselves. Add in a monsoon and things can go sideways.
Now Barkley & JT were funny

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I didn't watch but have read/heard several comments suggesting Manning should/could have been more entertaining on the mic.  Just my opinion but I don't think he was ever going to say anything that may negatively affect his "brand."  He has the potential to make significantly more money post NFL than he ever did in the NFL.  The world is far too sensitive these days and the least little thing could jeopardize that.  I suspected he would be a bit dry.

In no way would Manning do the SNL skit where he is winging footballs at kids and cursing at them in 2020 like he did in 2007.  

I got to watch a few holes as it was played live on Sunday, but didn't really get to watch the whole thing until yesterday. I really enjoyed it.

Tiger had great form pretty much all day in really crappy conditions.

Brady choked (not surprising for an amateur to crack under the pressure of being on TV and in those conditions). Also, it sounds like TB may have over-prepared for the event which hurt him even more.

Peyton was great - his approach shots on several holes were absolutely brilliant (even if it was for double bogey or worse at times).

Phil was obnoxious, but also entertaining and insightful at times - the explanation of his chip on whatever hole to JT was 100% Phil.

Speaking of JT, I thought he was great - he could easily have a side gig during any event where he misses the cut lol.

Barkley was typical Barkley in the best possible way.

Giving them carts was an unexpected stroke of brilliance if you ask me. Between the additional cameras, pace of play, and opportunity to fill-in dead space, it worked out great.

I'd definitely watch another event like this if executed in similar fashion, but you have to have the right personalities on the course as well as a touch of fireworks - the latter of which was lacking in the first The Match and even a bit during the TM Driving Relief event.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour