Jump to content
Chonch

New golfer WITB

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Morning all, here’s a list of what’s currently in my bag. I don’t use all the clubs bc I am still learning my swing and the game. 

srixon 565 drive (picked it up after reading MGS)

1994 Big Bertha 3 wood

callaway x-18r 4-ape

cleveland RTX-3 56/11

Odyssey White Hot 2 ball

The wedge is difficult to hit and control, but I’ve read you want to have blades for wedges to have that extra control. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres alot of reviews on here about cavity back style wedges on here. Cleveland CBX2 could be a good option for you if you are not getting along with the RTX3. Ping Glide is another good one. The blade wedge can give you more control, but its only useful if you know how to use it. If you ball striking is not superb and you would like to see a little more consistency in ball flight then a cavity back wedge could be for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Odyssey White Hot inserts. Some of the best feeling putters to this day in my opinion. Also, I love that you are gaming a Srixon driver. I have not done a lot of testing with them, but I have heard they are pretty underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chonch said:

The wedge is difficult to hit and control, but I’ve read you want to have blades for wedges to have that extra control. 

Where did you read that?  Yes, they can give you that extra control, but probably not if you're still building your swing and learning the game.  Right now, you're probably better off using the gap wedge in your iron set if you're looking for more consistency.  I'm not saying to give up on the wedges that you currently have, but it will take some time to learn and understand how to use them.  Also agree with Scooter - look for a cavity back wedge.  I'm also a huge fan of the Glides.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, Chonch said:

Morning all, here’s a list of what’s currently in my bag. I don’t use all the clubs bc I am still learning my swing and the game. 

srixon 565 drive (picked it up after reading MGS)

1994 Big Bertha 3 wood

callaway x-18r 4-ape

cleveland RTX-3 56/11

Odyssey White Hot 2 ball

The wedge is difficult to hit and control, but I’ve read you want to have blades for wedges to have that extra control. 

Sounds luke a good bag especially that old Bertha! Let’s get some pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds luke a good bag especially that old Bertha! Let’s get some pictures!

+1 pictures, pictures, pictures!


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:


+1 pictures, pictures, pictures!


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I saw no tony so I had to jump in and knew you wouldn’t be far behind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...