TESTERS WANTED! ×

F9 Adapter

Presley85

Does anyone here know if the Cobra F9 and possibly the SZ adapter would be the same as a Cobra F6? I have an F6 and thinking about just picking up an F9 or SZ head if my existing shaft would still work.  TIA

On 5/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Presley85 said:

Does anyone here know if the Cobra F9 and possibly the SZ adapter would be the same as a Cobra F6? I have an F6 and thinking about just picking up an F9 or SZ head if my existing shaft would still work.  TIA

It is the same adapter, only marked differently. The F9 adapter has STD, +1.0, +1.5, +1.0D, Draw, -1.0D, -1.5 & -1.0. You add or subtract those amounts from the marked loft on the driver which will be 9.0, 10.5 or 12.

The F6 has a STD loft of 10.5 and the adapter is marked 10.5, 11.5, 12, 11.5D, 10.5D, 9.5D & 9. If you get a 10.5* F9, the loft markings will be correct for all settings. If you get a 9* F9, they will all be 1.5* LESS than what they are marked in each setting. If you get a 12* F9, they will all be 1.5* MORE than what they are marked in each setting.

Draw settings are more upright lie than standard settings.

BT

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:19 PM, RI_Redneck said:

It is the same adapter, only marked differently. The F9 adapter has STD, +1.0, +1.5, +1.0D, Draw, -1.0D, -1.5 & -1.0. You add or subtract those amounts from the marked loft on the driver which will be 9.0, 10.5 or 12.

The F6 has a STD loft of 10.5 and the adapter is marked 10.5, 11.5, 12, 11.5D, 10.5D, 9.5D & 9. If you get a 10.5* F9, the loft markings will be correct for all settings. If you get a 9* F9, they will all be 1.5* LESS than what they are marked in each setting. If you get a 12* F9, they will all be 1.5* MORE than what they are marked in each setting.

Draw settings are more upright lie than standard settings.

BT

Awesome thanks for sharing that detail.  This may be the route I go then!