TESTERS WANTED! ×

COSTCO KS1 Putter

The 19th Hole

Just put an order in for one of the new Costco KS1 Putters and it should be here in the next few days. Starting this topic for anybody else who is also getting/got one already who wants to post their thoughts on it. Exited to see how it stacks up to my other putters! Unfortunately, the weight set was sold out online right now, so I will have to go check my local stores to see if they have it, or will just have to sit back and wait/hope it comes in online again soon. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Mine is set to arrive Tuesday (fingers crossed) and I should be able to take it out immediately for league play.  

I'm pretty sure the weight kit will be online only, so you'll have to keep checking.  If I see something I'll let you know.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

My local Costco got their KS1 putter in so picked it up a few days ago.  The putter felt a little light to me.  I use a Stroke Lab #7 putter so compared to that the head on the KS-1 was light.  The putter is the same length as my SL#7.  I didn't care too much of the sound of the KS-1 but for a $150...I can live with it.  Will have to wait till they have the weights for sale on Costco.com and order it to make the head a little heavier.  I like how Costco is trying to enter the golf realm!  

The feedback I'm seeing so far is that it's too light. Definitely interested in what people think once they get weight kits back in stock.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

On 5/25/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jeffro808 said:

My local Costco got their KS1 putter in so picked it up a few days ago.  The putter felt a little light to me.  I use a Stroke Lab #7 putter so compared to that the head on the KS-1 was light.  The putter is the same length as my SL#7.  I didn't care too much of the sound of the KS-1 but for a $150...I can live with it.  Will have to wait till they have the weights for sale on Costco.com and order it to make the head a little heavier.  I like how Costco is trying to enter the golf realm!  

Getcha some lead tape in the meantime.

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

I got mine in today and rolled some putts in my office. I agree that the head is a little light for my preference so far. I also noticed that in some hits it sounds more “clicky” than on others. I think once I get my hands on a weight kit I’ll like it a lot more though.

As to other thoughts, the club cover seems decent. It is Velcro (saw somebody ask about that on a different post) and my grip was aligned fine. My main complaint with the cover is that it is a bit small in my opinion. I have a few other covers I have picked up over the years and will probably swap it out if I end up using it in a round.

I am going to try and stop by a local course tomorrow after work to see how it feels on real grass. And I’ll update more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received my KS1 Putter after a shipping snafu.  Bottom line - I like it and I’m keeping it.  Glad I bought the weight kit.

Before I get to my impressions I’ll let you know a bit about my putter history so you can frame what i say: I have only ever had one putter in my bag - bought in 1992 from the thrift store.  It was J.C. Snead Northwestern 405 Brass head putter from the 70’s. That means my frame of reference is limited.  It made me a better putter because it was so unforgiving, but it was time to move on.  I also used a pistol grip(SNSR 140cc).  My main issue was distance control - the swing weight of my putter was C1, which is apparently on the light side.

KS1:

It feels solid but the sound is not uniform.  I recently started using Snell Blacks full time.  On the practice green I purposely mishit some shots. Distance was pretty consistent from the sweet spot out towards the tow though the sound changed.  Hits towards the heel were noticeably shorter.  But on the whole, I would say that the putter is very forgiving of mishit shots.

It turns out that I don’t like the standard setting as much as when i adjusted the weights.  My distance dispersion was much better with the weight kit than without.  I wouldn’t call the greens I worked with fast, they were solidly in the normal range.  I tried every combination I could think of and it came down to one with the 15’s and the 20’s with the grip weight.  I will likely tweak it further when I have time and patience.

The logo is not near as bad in person as it is in pictures.  But I never see the club from behind so that may have something to do with my impression. I have been playing with it for two weeks and have not noticed it once.  On first glance when I opened the box it was off-putting, but  on the course at address - the club looks good.

My grip was properly aligned unlike the other reviewer.  I preferred a pistol grip, but I can deal with this.  It has a flat end which I appreciate and I’ve adjusted to the feel

It was a little less upright than my previous putter, but is .5” shorter, so my view at address felt about the same.  I feel that standing over it (and being left eye dominate) that I am able to hit it where I think I am aiming it.

As for the distance control - That is still my weak spot.  Turns out that a new putter does not fix everything! But I do think that it did improve my on course performance

P.S. Kirkland could get away with much smaller packaging.  The weight kit packing is ridiculous and the putter packaging is not much better.  They could easily compress the layout.

P1150008.JPG

P1150010.JPG

P1150011.JPG

P1150014.JPG

P1150001.JPG

P1150002.JPG

P1150004.JPG

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

Nice review. Interesting that you consider/phrased the changing sound as you hit balls on different spots on the face as a negative. For me that is one of the big pluses; I get feedback that I missed the center. Too many of today’s putter attempt to hide that feeling.
My reasoning js that when I don’t hit the center I know the putt won’t be as good as a center strike. Feedback is good!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Nice review. Interesting that you consider/phrased the changing sound as you hit balls on different spots on the face as a negative. For me that is one of the big pluses; I get feedback that I missed the center. Too many of today’s putter attempt to hide that feeling.
My reasoning js that when I don’t hit the center I know the putt won’t be as good as a center strike. Feedback is good!

I didn't mean to phrase it as a negative. Just a statement of fact.  Since I played a solid putter before it was a new input to my stroke.  But you are absolutely correct that it does provide more feedback - feedback I am still figuring out as I get used to it.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5; Aldila Rouge White 130 MSI 60S

:titelist-small: TS2 15 Deg; Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 70g 

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg; Atmos HB TS 8S

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-gap; C-Taper lite 110S

:vokey-small: SM 8 56 08M and 60 12D

:Snell: MTB Black

Costco KS1

Bushnell Pro XE

• Guests
Guest Delete

I saw this at the local Costco for $139.99 ($10 less than online) and, thought to myself I could buy it, list it on eBay, and sell it for a quick profit. 

But, then I thought to myself that it would only be reinforcing part of the problem in society of people trying to make money off of others above actual value. 

I left it at the store for the lucky guy who actually wanted to buy it. 

I am happy with my Evnroll ER8

2 hours ago, TimoTe said:

I saw this at the local Costco for $139.99 ($10 less than online) and, thought to myself I could buy it, list it on eBay, and sell it for a quick profit. 

But, then I thought to myself that it would only be reinforcing part of the problem in society of people trying to make money off of others above actual value. 

I left it at the store for the lucky guy who actually wanted to buy it. 

I am happy with my Evnroll ER8

If you happen to see the Weight Kit that goes with this putter in store, you can for sure buy it and sell it online for a small profit and many people such as myself would be greatly appreciated. Can't find one for the putter I have already. 

Great review. Puts hit on the heel should always be short as the putter head is moving slightly slower, where as put hit on the toe will generally be similar in length as the head is moving faster and that extra speed compensates for missing the sweet spot.

Did not realise that it came with a counter balance grip, nice touch.

I do not know your putting style but one of the tricks I was taught with regard to distance control was....

Bring the putter back till it reaches your big toe and then release, do this 6-10 times from the same spot and see how far the ball travels. Next question after this is how consistent was the distance of each ball,  in theory they should be about the same. Next, half the distance between the ball and your toe, hit 6-10 more. Same question, then double the distance between the ball to your toe etc. This then gives you an understanding of where the putter head needs to stop for a particular distance. I was always taught that your forward putting stroke speed should be slightly faster than your back swing and that distance control is controlled by the length of the swing not by increasing the speed. BTW, what is the most consistent club in my bag - my putter.

Hope this helps.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

• Guests
Guest Delete
1 hour ago, Firebird said:

Puts hit on the heel should always be short as the putter head is moving slightly slower, where as put hit on the toe will generally be similar in length as the head is moving faster and that extra speed compensates for missing the sweet spot.

That is absolutely NOT correct with an Evnroll putter that all go the same distance, speed and line anywhere in the groove face. 

You are correct on putters that do not have any face tech to correct for it like: Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, and the KS1 Kirkland. 

• Guests
Guest Delete
4 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

If you happen to see the Weight Kit that goes with this putter in store, you can for sure buy it and sell it online for a small profit and many people such as myself would be greatly appreciated. Can't find one for the putter I have already. 

Will do! If I find it I will sell it to you for exactly what it costs me. 

On 5/24/2020 at 10:36 PM, Josh Ross said:

The feedback I'm seeing so far is that it's too light. Definitely interested in what people think once they get weight kits back in stock.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Can you lead tape a putter?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

9 hours ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

Can you lead tape a putter?

Yeah you definitely can. I have a putter that I taped up to get the feel I wanted.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

The only issue with face tech is I often hit putts off centre deliberately. It is a technique I was taught when putting down hill on fast greens as an off centre hit  does not come off the face as quick.

• 2 months later...

I Purchased the putter the other day and noticed that on the front the milling is inconsistent. I understand that there are different vertical stripes on the face but it appears that on those lines it is a little uneven. Does anyone else have this problem? Does it make a difference or should I buy a new one??

Edited by Bisco

• 2 weeks later...

WEIGHTS ARE IN STOCK TODAY ON COSTCO.COM

For anybody who has the putter but has been wanting the weight set (myself included) I have been checking every day since this putter launched and it is in stock right now as of this post (just placed my order)...GOOD LUCK everybody!

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-putter-weight-kit.product.100657236.html

How is the face weighted, Toe, or Mid Point?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, The 19th Hole said:

Just put an order in for one of the new Costco KS1 Putters and it should be here in the next few days. Starting this topic for anybody else who is also getting/got one already who wants to post their thoughts on it. Exited to see how it stacks up to my other putters! Unfortunately, the weight set was sold out online right now, so I will have to go check my local stores to see if they have it, or will just have to sit back and wait/hope it comes in online again soon. 

I think the weight set is back up now on the site.

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

2 hours ago, RobbyT said:

I think the weight set is back up now on the site.

Thanks. yeah I saw it pop up about 2-3 weeks ago and managed to snag one. That said, I have not been able to test out any of the weights as the air quality was terrible for a while, and now I have a new born so may not be out playing a lot anytime soon...Hopefully I am wrong on that part though 😉 wife permitting...