TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING G410 PLUS

Pinger_MV

Hey MGS Community,

Any of you guys had a chance to hit the PING G410 PLUS yet? Also are the fairway metals any good

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

22 minutes ago, Pinger_MV said:

Hey MGS Community,

Any of you guys had a chance to hit the PING G410 PLUS yet? Also are the fairway metals any good

Thanks!

This might be of interest to you 😉

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Thanks!

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

Hey MGS Community,
Thanks!

I really do enjoy mine!! Seems like once I got the right shaft in there it’s a very forgiving bomber without bumping the spin up too much! Really don’t know how ping will top it with their next model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I’m very happy with mine! I’m looking at an after market shaft to tighten dispersion, but it’s the most forgiving driver I’ve ever hit.

I can speak from my own experience that after I got fit for an aftermarket shaft my strikes got WAY more consistent. I used to be one of the guys laughing about the price of some of the shafts until I started gaming on after a fit. My strokes gained have improved because I’m finding more fairways, and right now all of my strikes are staying within a spot the size of a quarter instead of all over the face. My bad miss is on the toe but this shaft seems to bring that miss in big time!

17 minutes ago, Eagleputt2008 said:

I can speak from my own experience that after I got fit for an aftermarket shaft my strikes got WAY more consistent. I used to be one of the guys laughing about the price of some of the shafts until I started gaming on after a fit. My strokes gained have improved because I’m finding more fairways, and right now all of my strikes are staying within a spot the size of a quarter instead of all over the face. My bad miss is on the toe but this shaft seems to bring that miss in big time!

PING offers a pretty good selection of popular shaft options with this driver.  Which did you originally select and what have you upgraded too?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

PING offers a pretty good selection of popular shaft options with this driver.  Which did you originally select and what have you upgraded too?

I started off with Evenflow black. Really loved the feel and I could time it right. Got a chance to try the tp6x and bb6x from graphite design and that’s where I noticed my strikes got even better. I think they both just gave me the best awareness of where the head was and They gave me the best numbers

10 hours ago, Eagleputt2008 said:

I can speak from my own experience that after I got fit for an aftermarket shaft my strikes got way more consistent.

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for: my miss is this ballooning power fade that ends up next fairway over. If I can find a shaft that keeps me in the fairway more I’ll be in business. My Ping is already a huge upgrade over my old epic: it’s turned OB shots into chip outs, but I’m greedy and wanna turn those chip outs into GIR attempts from the fairway 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

@Micah - first off I love the way you show us your clubs and distances.  I could never be that graphically creative - kudos to you!!!

I have the G410 plus.  With the original shaft (which I was fit for) I actually preferred and got better results from the G400 LST that it replaced.  I had the issue that was mentioned in the Most Wanted testing.  My misses were equally divided both ways.  I tried popping the shaft from the G400 (with a new adapter) which was a Ping upgrade but it didn't work well for me with the G410 head.  I was just considering a trip to my fitter when I got selected for the Motore test.  You should check that one out.  The shaft worked well for a broad spectrum of guys including myself. 

Also someone asked about the G410 fairway woods.  There is a test of those in the official review section, also.  I was blessed to be a part of that one last year.  The nutshell idea was we were fitted by a Ping rep for what should fill the gap between our longest iron and our Driver.  I had 5 hybrid, 4 hybrid and 3 wood in that gap.  He took them out and put 9 wood, 7 wood and 5 wood in their place.  I really like the 7 wood and the 5 wood - honestly nothing at this point could take the 7 wood from my bag (I could see a 4 wood replacing 5 wood at some point if the mood struck me and I had a little too much to drink one night :)).  There's nothing wrong with the 9 wood, I hit it well, but it's not an effective club into the wind - I tend to launch it too high and it balloons, I loose that gap between 6 iron and 7 wood and those occasions.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had been demoing a G410 Plus from the head pro at the course I regularly play after getting fitted for a driver. I decide to pull the trigger and purchased it during the pandemic. I just got the new driver in yesterday. I have a 75 g, Extra stiff Evenflow black shaft. Played this morning and was absolutely launching some drives. Some of my drives were 15-20 yards further than what I had been hitting.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I've got the SFT with Alta 65 and love the club - straightest driver I've ever owned. Don't have the metals but do have the hybrids and they're the best clubs in my bag. I was actually thinking of replacing my FMax 5 wood with the 19* hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...
@Micah - first off I love the way you show us your clubs and distances.  I could never be that graphically creative - kudos to you!!!

I’m not graphically creative either lol, just screenshots from the 18 birdies app...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV