Sign in to follow this  
Pinger_MV

V-cut or straight cut?

Our Sponsors

Which cut do you use on your cigar?

I'm currently on a V- cut kick. I use a Colibri v cutter.

Seems like I get a better draw.

Thoughts my fellow MGS friends!

Dave did a great review on a v cutter last year I do not remember what it was. I use all kinds of cutters from punches to v cutters it depends on my cigar, what I'm doing, and where I am. Tonight I used a v because it is on my ash tray on my porch

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Tommc23!

Straight cut for me. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it, I guess it's just a case of what you maybe started out with. Having said that, there is some advantage to the straight cutter in terms of verslltily with different types of cigar vitola - some of which would be nigh on impossible with a v-cut or punch.

• Like 1

Depends on the cigar. Really like the standard cut on small ring gages, V cut on torpedos and large ring gages I tend to use a punch or two.There was an article on different cuts I read last year that gave me a lot of new ideas for cuts.

• Like 1

V cut. I've had a no name one for about 15 years now that I bought down in Miami and just upgraded to the Colibri. On torpedos I will usually use a guillotine but sometimes a small v cut. If it's a tough draw you can cross two v cuts.

• Like 2