Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Apparel cost!

SuperDave

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... 👍  While I almost always notice what kind of clubs people I am paired up with are playing out of simple curiosity and usually notice their golf shoes for comfort reasons, I never pay any attention to anyone's apparel. Obviously really loud or poorly matched clothing catches my eye but whether their shorts and shirts come directly from Foot Joy and Trevor Mathew or Kohls and Stein Mart I would never know. And I would really have no idea if your shirt is the current offering so buying last years or discontinued styles and colors at 25-50% off seems like a no brainer to me. I only wear Foot Joy shirts and paid $25 for most of them on closeout, some less and my shorts are a combo of Stein Mart, Budget Golf and Greg Norman from Costco and all were under $20. 

... The point being very few people pay any attention to your apparel as long as you look like you know how to dress.

Have a more golf shirts than I can wear. Most of them were purchased for $30 or less.

Right now I only buy new shirts if I'm on vacation or go to a nice club, which unfortunately always cost way more than $30

But besides clubs, I usually notice what apparel my playing partners are wearing.  I think it's kind of hard not to

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

I cant agree more, I never pay full price for any of the name brands, I get most at Ross, TJ Max, Sirrea

I have found Nike, Adidas and UA and Travis Matthew at the above stores. (DYI Calloway makes the Travis stuff)

I have found some stretechy pants at Sierra that are so comfortable, I bought four pairs of different colors.

I agree, I pay good money for  my shoes!

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

12 hours ago, Riverboat said:

....a $15 round of golf, a $14 case of beer...

Where are you getting a $15 round of golf and a case of beer for so little?

I wear nothing but FJ shirts and apparel.  You can always find good sales on them at the end of the seasons on line.  The fit and the quality is amazing.  I have some shirts in my closet I have had for five years plus by FJ.  They hold their own.  That is why they are carried only in pro shops and golf stores.  The lesser quality shirts can be purchased at discounters for a reason.  Sometimes price is not everything.  FJ makes a standard and an athletic fit for all bodies.  😃   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

On 10/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, Riverboat said:

Teetimegolfpass is a book that provides tons of courses for under 20 bucks in our area of the country. I've saved over $600 using it this year. 

Anheiser busch is test marketing lucky streak in a few states. 14 bucks for a 30 pack at my local distributor. Not bad at all.  There are other beers that are in the same category if you don't have lucky streak near you.  Certainly better than all the fruit ipa's and chocolate stoudts the beer snobs shell out big bucks for so they can brag about their amazing taste in beer. If you like beer so much, why do you hide the taste with fruit and chocolate? See my original comments. Beer snobs may be the most flagrant examples of what I'm talking about. Although the clothing snobs, gear snobs, guitar snobs, and car snobs are in the running. 

Thanks for asking. 

Wish I had something like that by me.  Because of life, need to play on weekends and tee off before 11am.  Cheapest by me is $56 with cart, all the way up to $115.

Nice job on the cheap 30 pack.  I'm happy when I get a case of Ultra for $24.

• 3 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, AmishJason said:

I've been playing in Ben Hogan shorts and I have two complaints.  The material of the pockets sticks to golf gloves like crazy.  Which is actually not as much of an issue as at first.  I was keeping a spare tee and ball in my left pocket and when I grabbed them, my pocket would turn inside out.  The other complaint is that one back pocket comes sewn shut for some reason.  It's not really well sewn shut, so it's easy to remove the single thread.  I bought 5 pair and they all came that way.  For $17 a piece, I can't complain too much.  I will get a pair or two of the Ben Hogan pants this winter to see how they are.

Ben Hogan shorts are by far the best fitting and wearing golf shorts I have owned.  I ordered 3 pair in every color they had in my size last year.  Great prices too!

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

I have several golf shirts that were $75+.  I bought them all using pro shop credit, not spending cash.  I have become a big fan of Walter Hagen shirts from Golf Galaxy.  I wait till they have a sale and get some very good deals.  

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie

• 2 weeks later...

Historically, most of my golf shirts have been from UA and I have mostly gotten them from UA outlet stores.  But, this year the UA long-sleeve shirts were tighter in the arms and did not stretch as much.  I wear elbow braces and this made it harder to get the braces on and off so i stopped buying them.  Occasionally, I have gotten FJ short sleeve shirts at the end of the season on clearance sales at our club's pro shop.

I have been wearing Adidas pants (both short pants and long pants) but didn't really like them that much because my wallet does not fit in the back pocket.  So, I tried some long pants from PGA Tour Superstore (their house brand) and like them very much.  Over time, they will replace Adidas for long pants (not only do I like them more but they are cheaper).  Have not needed short pants yet, so we will see about those.  

For socks, I wear FJ socks.  Got a bunch a year or so ago from PGA Tour Superstore at half price.

I care more about shoes than the rest of this and wear Skechers.  The most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn.

I wear an extra large cadet golf glove.  The only problem is I am left-handed and most of the big brands don't make cadet sizes for the right hand.  Found this past year that Vice does, tried them and love them.  My new golf glove.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • image.png.e5dbe8fedd098b46b3fda77752b5beae.png MG4 56.12 with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue Flex: R
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

image.png

image.png

14 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Some folks are sneaker heads or buy lots of golf clubs. I buy golf polos and hats. I've spent more money then I care to admit on apparel over the years. I do wear it daily though because it's comfortable and I work in college athletics so I am able to wear it to work.

I echo the hat comment. I tend to buy more hats then polos. Only problem here in the humid summers, my hats get very sweaty and I go through them a lot. If it’s a hat I like a lot I’ll buy two, one for golf and one for wearing around haha

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

19 hours ago, HAC said:

For socks, I wear FJ socks.  Got a bunch a year or so ago from PGA Tour Superstore at half price.

I use to buy FJ tech socks but they didn't last. Switched to Bombas, they come with a lifetime replacement guarantee. Some of mine are 3 yrs old, look great comfortable and don't show any wear. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I echo the hat comment. I tend to buy more hats then polos. Only problem here in the humid summers, my hats get very sweaty and I go through them a lot. If it’s a hat I like a lot I’ll buy two, one for golf and one for wearing around haha

I tend to buy golf caps when on vacation.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • image.png.e5dbe8fedd098b46b3fda77752b5beae.png MG4 56.12 with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue Flex: R
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

image.png

image.png

No right answer of course. All my polos are Nike, UA, Callaway or TM - all bought on sale. I was brought up to dress nice for golf (along with all the old traditions, etiquette, etc.), and I can't shake the habit. I bought a TM and liked it, bought another exact same size and it was way too small, never again - charging a premium with inconsistent sizes is BS IMO. I also insist on comfortable golf shoes as I walk as much as I can. I do play in jeans occasionally, but it's rare - proper pants or shorts mostly. I have about 8 hats, that's more than enough, replace them when they start to look ratty.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 minutes ago, Middler said:

I bought a TM and liked it, bought another exact same size and it was way too small, never again - charging a premium with inconsistent sizes is BS IMO.

... I have about 30 previous year FootJoy shirts and I bought all of them on sale but just gave away 3 of them to one of my waist challenged playing pards. I wear a size large because I like a little room for swinging but some of the "large" shirts are almost XXL with enough material in the mid section for 2 of me's. With broad shoulders the seam is usually right at the curve but some of them and below that shoulder line. You would think someone charging $80 and up for new shirts would have consistent sizing but not so much. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have about 30 previous year FootJoy shirts and I bought all of them on sale but just gave away 3 of them to one of my waist challenged playing pards. I wear a size large because I like a little room for swinging but some of the "large" shirts are almost XXL with enough material in the mid section for 2 of me's. With broad shoulders the seam is usually right at the curve but some of them and below that shoulder line. You would think someone charging $80 and up for new shirts would have consistent sizing but not so much. 

Yeah that's one thing about FJ shirts, I find them to be EXTREMELY long and have a lot of material in that section of the shirt also.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, chisag said:

FJ's have always been my jam. I would buy up 3 or 4 from the sale rack at $50 each and they serve as the best daily wear shirt.

Last year my wife bought me a Travis Mathew polo for my 40th and all I have to say is man, she just created a monster...

...I LOVE their stuff...It's a little slimmer which I like and the sleeves are cut a little higher...I pull some slack on my left shoulder every time I swing (tiger copied this move from me in 1996) and the cut of the shirt just works well for me.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

FJ's have always been my jam. I would buy up 3 or 4 from the sale rack at $50 each and they serve as the best daily wear shirt.

Last year my wife bought me a Travis Mathew polo for my 40th and all I have to say is man, she just created a monster...

...I LOVE their stuff...It's a little slimmer which I like and the sleeves are cut a little higher...I pull some slack on my left shoulder every time I swing (tiger copied this move from me in 1996) and the cut of the shirt just works well for me.

... I got hooked on FJ shirts when Budget Golf had a brick and mortar store near me and would sell CC overstock FJ's for $25. I didn't mind the logos and it was such a bargain I started buying all I liked in my size. Since then I occasionally find them at the pga ss for under $30. 

... And haha the above, I copied Freddie's move and always shrug my shoulders before I swing that moves the shirt a little higher on my shoulders. We are a coupe wannabes huh? 🤪  I also prefer a little slimmer fit but really like longer sleeves. Goes back to my youth football days and watching the NFL with those long sleeves and thought they looked cool and of course Freddie. I bought 3 Radmor shirts on sale because of their environmental sustainability and they are the most comfortable and softest cotton shirts I have ever worn. But the sleeves are shorter (you would love them) and they are really slim fit so I can't wear them to play but the fit is awesome for everyday wear so let me help you spend more money:

https://radmorgolf.com/collections/sale

Radmor.JPG.71874de45de608f7c19cc59fdec4ca8a.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Like many, I don’t skimp too much on shoes and clubs, but look at deals before paying full price.

For clothes, I check the clearance rack at PGASS, as well as the online stores. I also check the bay for values.

I can’t see/justify paying the $$$ for SRP hot off the press clothes, shoes, etc. I’d rather save it for green fees and course-related things. 

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • :callaway-small:Paradym AI Smoke Max Ventus TR Blue 5S
  • :Sub70: 3 & 7W 949 stiff
  • :mizuno-small: 921 JPX Tour 5-W Stiff Nippon 120
  • :taylormade-small: MG4 Raw Grind 50, 56 & 60 Stiff
  • :ping-small: Ping Anser 2 putter 
  • :titleist-small: Pro V1
  • EZ Go 4 seater

On 10/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, ForeRightAgain said:

Where are you getting a $15 round of golf and a case of beer for so little?

In NY? dropping the BS flag on this one. I can barely get that in TN.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I continue to find excellent deals at various times of the year in Callaway Apparel's sale section. All of the Polos I have bought fit consistently (I do buy large when I need XL in most t-shirts), are very comfortable, and do not restrict movement at all.  

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2