Apparel cost!

SuperDave

On 8/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Same here.  I have a bunch of Vineyard Vines polos that I picked up super cheap in auctions.

I actually found a company called 32 degrees. I assume they are struggling with covid because they have dropped their prices significantly. I have a few of their polos and they have been solid so far. Hard to beat sub $10 polos

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

Love grand slam golf polos from Khols. Alot of variety and you can get the typical 30% off at khols. Love deals

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I also love Travis Matthew, their polo's are great on and off. I would never have spent $90 for a polo (unless I was in a pro shop on a Golf Trip)...but I happened to find them at Nordstrom's Rack for like $25 shopping with the wife, now it is all I get.....

:mizuno-small: Irons: Mizuno MP53 Stiff/standard 

:mizuno-small: Hybrid: 4I

:ping-small: Driver: Ping G25 9 degree, stiff

:cleveland-small: Wedges: 52, 56, 60

:scotty-cameron-1: Select Roundback 2014

On 8/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, bens197 said:

Yes, in most cases it’s worth it.  I’d rather buy a $50 FJ polo and have it for several years without collars rolling, dealing with Irish pennants or pulls in the material than a shirt that will do the contrary after a few washes. 

.... I have over 30 Foot Joy shirts and never paid more than $29 for any of them. Most I purchased at $25 or less. None were the current model and of course but all were on sale. I always look when playing a course because every n ow and then they are being blown out to make room for the new models, and the PGA SS can also have great sales on FJ. 

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

• 1 year later...

Kit and Ace is a clothing company that was founded in 2010 by two graduates from the University of British Columbia. The company's headquarters are located in Vancouver, Canada. Kit and Ace focuses on creating fashionable clothes for men and women with an emphasis on comfort wear. This means that their clothes are designed to be easy to move around in while also looking stylish.

@808nationand I think a like. Pay for good clubs, shoes and only buy budget friendly apparel. I like Kohls for reasonably priced golf shorts, their Chaps line are some of the most comfortable shorts I've worn. Stein Mart used to be my goto for reasonably priced golf shirts, but now Academy Sports and Dick's clearance sales are where I find the best deals. I like the quality & feel of some of the higher end polos, but I'd rather spend that money on tee times. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

@808nationand I think a like. Pay for good clubs, shoes and only buy budget friendly apparel. I like Kohls for reasonably priced golf shorts, their Chaps line are some of the most comfortable shorts I've worn. Stein Mart used to be my goto for reasonably priced golf shirts, but now Academy Sports and Dick's clearance sales are where I find the best deals. I like the quality & feel of some of the higher end polos, but I'd rather spend that money on tee times. 

... 👍  While I almost always notice what kind of clubs people I am paired up with are playing out of simple curiosity and usually notice their golf shoes for comfort reasons, I never pay any attention to anyone's apparel. Obviously really loud or poorly matched clothing catches my eye but whether their shorts and shirts come directly from Foot Joy and Trevor Mathew or Kohls and Stein Mart I would never know. And I would really have no idea if your shirt is the current offering so buying last years or discontinued styles and colors at 25-50% off seems like a no brainer to me. I only wear Foot Joy shirts and paid $25 for most of them on closeout, some less and my shorts are a combo of Stein Mart, Budget Golf and Greg Norman from Costco and all were under $20. 

... The point being very few people pay any attention to your apparel as long as you look like you know how to dress.

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

Trevor Mathew

Travis Mathew's lesser known cousin and the black sheep of the family.

• Like 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Bobby Jones shirts are extremely well made with finely woven cotton but are $150+. Masters golf shirts are available ONLY for non-members at the Masters Tournament from $150-$250; there are no phone, mail, or internet purchases. Sea Island cotton for warm weather and Merino wool and cashmere for cooler weather are my favorites; these are usually available only at high end menswear stores. Joseph Bank has some great stuff and it’s frequently half price on sale. Life and golf are too short to wear cheap and poorly made clothes.

Are you paying for the name? Basically, YES! My family has been in the clothing manufacturing company, as was I for a while, and the same manufacturer made the same products with different labels. I sold clothing for major retailers and discounters, the same exact item, with different labels. Outlet store products, in most cases are NOT the same products in the main locations. They are cheaper made items with the major label sold at discount prices. It's one thing to buy at a major store when it's on sale opposed to an outlet store or on line. Clothing mark-up is generally 70%, although I sold shirts for $12 wholesale, the store marked it up to $59, then on sale for $29. Nice profits!

• Like 1

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2019 Bettinardi QB6 and 2021 Ping Fetch Putter (depends on the greens)

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... 👍  While I almost always notice what kind of clubs people I am paired up with are playing out of simple curiosity and usually notice their golf shoes for comfort reasons, I never pay any attention to anyone's apparel. Obviously really loud or poorly matched clothing catches my eye but whether their shorts and shirts come directly from Foot Joy and Trevor Mathew or Kohls and Stein Mart I would never know. And I would really have no idea if your shirt is the current offering so buying last years or discontinued styles and colors at 25-50% off seems like a no brainer to me. I only wear Foot Joy shirts and paid $25 for most of them on closeout, some less and my shorts are a combo of Stein Mart, Budget Golf and Greg Norman from Costco and all were under $20. 

... The point being very few people pay any attention to your apparel as long as you look like you know how to dress.

Have a more golf shirts than I can wear. Most of them were purchased for $30 or less.

Right now I only buy new shirts if I'm on vacation or go to a nice club, which unfortunately always cost way more than $30

But besides clubs, I usually notice what apparel my playing partners are wearing.  I think it's kind of hard not to

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

It's been my experience that people who feel a need to spend a lot of money on clothing and most other things hope that it will make people think they have good taste when in reality they have no taste whatsoever. They judge objects and experiences by how much they cost because they have no idea what looks good, tastes good, performs well, etc., so they substitute the cost for their total lack of judgment.

Had a friend like this who bought the ugliest coat any of our group had ever seen. When we urged him to return it, he said we clearly had no taste because it was the most expensive coat in the high end store where he had bought it. When we said the high cost didn't change the fact that it just might be the ugliest coat in the world, he just looked at us like we were crazy and said no coat that cost that much could possibly be ugly. 

I don't need a high price tag to judge attractiveness, quality, or utility. I'm capable of thinking for myself. A $12 piece of clothing, a $15 round of golf, a $14 case of beer, a $10 meal can be better than those costing many times the price (or not). Price or the name on the label are a sad substitute for discernment.

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

I cant agree more, I never pay full price for any of the name brands, I get most at Ross, TJ Max, Sirrea

I have found Nike, Adidas and UA and Travis Matthew at the above stores. (DYI Calloway makes the Travis stuff)

I have found some stretechy pants at Sierra that are so comfortable, I bought four pairs of different colors.

I agree, I pay good money for  my shoes!

Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

12 hours ago, Riverboat said:

....a $15 round of golf, a $14 case of beer...

Where are you getting a $15 round of golf and a case of beer for so little?

• Haha 1

I wear nothing but FJ shirts and apparel.  You can always find good sales on them at the end of the seasons on line.  The fit and the quality is amazing.  I have some shirts in my closet I have had for five years plus by FJ.  They hold their own.  That is why they are carried only in pro shops and golf stores.  The lesser quality shirts can be purchased at discounters for a reason.  Sometimes price is not everything.  FJ makes a standard and an athletic fit for all bodies.  😃   

1 hour ago, ForeRightAgain said:

Where are you getting a $15 round of golf and a case of beer for so little?

Teetimegolfpass is a book that provides tons of courses for under 20 bucks in our area of the country. I've saved over $600 using it this year. 

Anheiser busch is test marketing lucky streak in a few states. 14 bucks for a 30 pack at my local distributor. Not bad at all.  There are other beers that are in the same category if you don't have lucky streak near you.  Certainly better than all the fruit ipa's and chocolate stoudts the beer snobs shell out big bucks for so they can brag about their amazing taste in beer. If you like beer so much, why do you hide the taste with fruit and chocolate? See my original comments. Beer snobs may be the most flagrant examples of what I'm talking about. Although the clothing snobs, gear snobs, guitar snobs, and car snobs are in the running. 

Thanks for asking. 

😧 Wilson Triton

3w: PXG 341

5W: Cleveland launcher 

3H: Wilson Deep Red

5-GW: PXG 0211

SW LW: Mizuno MP T5

P: Scott Cameron Newport

On 10/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, Riverboat said:

Teetimegolfpass is a book that provides tons of courses for under 20 bucks in our area of the country. I've saved over $600 using it this year. 

Anheiser busch is test marketing lucky streak in a few states. 14 bucks for a 30 pack at my local distributor. Not bad at all.  There are other beers that are in the same category if you don't have lucky streak near you.  Certainly better than all the fruit ipa's and chocolate stoudts the beer snobs shell out big bucks for so they can brag about their amazing taste in beer. If you like beer so much, why do you hide the taste with fruit and chocolate? See my original comments. Beer snobs may be the most flagrant examples of what I'm talking about. Although the clothing snobs, gear snobs, guitar snobs, and car snobs are in the running. 

Thanks for asking. 

Wish I had something like that by me.  Because of life, need to play on weekends and tee off before 11am.  Cheapest by me is $56 with cart, all the way up to $115.

Nice job on the cheap 30 pack.  I'm happy when I get a case of Ultra for $24.