Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Loft for my wedges

Hi! Need some advice on my wedge setup.

I used to play ap2 where the PW is at 46 degrees. Now I've switched to P750s and PW is at 47 degrees.

So, setup right now:

PW 47*

50*

54*

58*

Should I modify pw one degree or the others? My thought is to rearrange to this:

PW 47*

51*

55*

59*

What do you guys think?

8 minutes ago, ednil said:

Hi! Need some advice on my wedge setup.

I used to play ap2 where the PW is at 46 degrees. Now I've switched to P750s and PW is at 47 degrees.

So, setup right now:

PW 47*

50*

54*

58*

Should I modify pw one degree or the others? My thought is to rearrange to this:

PW 47*

51*

55*

59*

What do you guys think?

What is your distance gap between clubs?   Don't get hung up on the loft numbers,  focus on how far you carry each club. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have only ever used 50 and 56 degree wedges. I tried to go with a 3 wedge set of vokeys and replace my pw with a 48,52,56 but it wasnt what i had gotten used to with stock pw, 50 and 56. So i bent the 48 to 50 and use the 56.
I don’t worry about distance gapping with my wedges very much. Often it is less than a full shot anyway. I know what feel i need for each and they are used for specific chipping shots around the green. The PW is almost never a chipping club and my 9i fills in for bump and run shots. 
So, my advice is find what you like to use and not worry about numbers stamped in the bottom of the club. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

What is your distance gap between clubs?   Don't get hung up on the loft numbers,  focus on how far you carry each club. 

THIS !

The other factors besides the few degrees of differential in LOFT could also influence the launch angle, thus ultimately influence the distance. Bounce, shaft, total static weight.....even down to the type of grip in use would have influence on the distance if we're talking about 5-10 yards.  No two wedge ( for that matter, driver and most of the sticks in your bag ) will play the same .  Even when come of the shelf with identical spec...... some of the golfers will tell the difference between a few gram weight difference in the heads but most of the golfers could tell the difference with different swing weight and shaft in use.

Wedge is all about distance and turf interaction.  You'll be the one to figure out which wedge should stay in your bag.

Normally, golfers will have a need for the on course performance, then, start the search for the wedge to fill that specific need.  Not the other way around, to match the numbers stamped on the sole of the club first.    You're not Iron Byron, so fill your personal needs first before worrying about mathematically correct in your golf bag. 

Thank you for answers guys! I'll go out and get a feeling instead of looking at the numbers like you said.

I actually often carry both 5-wood or hybrid together with 2 iron just to shape shots (low/high) even though they perform pretty much the same length. 

Thx!