Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Value of antique ping putter

Hello everyone, I’m a new member of golf spy and I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with a question I have. I recently came into possession of an old ping putter and I’m wondering what the value of it is. It’s built like an Anser, but it doesn’t have any of the insignia that Ansers typically have. In the slit on the back of the head it reads “Phoenix Arizona/Pat Pend/85029” on the left side of the slit it reads “KARSTEN/MADE IN USA” and in the right side of the slit it says “PING KARSTEN MFG CORP”. I’ll try and include a picture if I’m able to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

CD11D68C-68AC-4BFC-807B-B47FAF839AA2.jpeg

I think the ones that are worth money are the ones that say "Scottsdale, Arizona"

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Hello everyone, I’m a new member of golf spy and I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with a question I have. I recently came into possession of an old ping putter and I’m wondering what the value of it is. It’s built like an Anser, but it doesn’t have any of the insignia that Ansers typically have. In the slit on the back of the head it reads “Phoenix Arizona/Pat Pend/85029” on the left side of the slit it reads “KARSTEN/MADE IN USA” and in the right side of the slit it says “PING KARSTEN MFG CORP”. I’ll try and include a picture if I’m able to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
CD11D68C-68AC-4BFC-807B-B47FAF839AA2.thumb.jpeg.a0c69c5de3665607e3ee37dbe3a6da53.jpeg

If you do a little searching there is quit a bit of information on line concerning these old putters. I dont have the link but there is actually a website dedicated to them. Unfortunately the one you have can be found on EBay for next to nothing.

One point of interest, polishing them is strongly discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

• Guests
Guest Delete

This putter is not one of the earliest. 

Scottsdale

Redwood city

Then Phoenix in order of oldest to newest (as best as I can recall)

Additionally, it has been polished. The original patina is more if a dull brown to avoid glare. This one being polished might actually take away from vintage correct prices. In other words, it is old but not very collectible. I have a few myself and like bringing them out to the practice green from time to time. 

Value is about $20-50 depending on the market. 

Original early models are $100-300. 

This putter is not one of the earliest. 
Scottsdale
Redwood city
Then Phoenix in order of oldest to newest (as best as I can recall)
Additionally, it has been polished. The original patina is more if a dull brown to avoid glare. This one being polished might actually take away from vintage correct prices. In other words, it is old but not very collectible. I have a few myself and like bringing them out to the practice green from time to time. 
Value is about $20-50 depending on the market. 
Original early models are $100-300. 

That’s about right.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list