Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Driver has Crack In head

Hi guys, Was cleaning my GBB Fusion Driver yesterday and though there was a scratch only to find that there is a 1" crack on the about 1/2" back from the toe. I looked on the web to see if this was a one off and found there was quite a few not only Fusion and Epic but also Taylormade. 

Not sure what to do now, was going to replace it with an Epic Flash but may look at a driver that does not have a carbon top.

Anybody else had any issues.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

• Guests
Guest Delete

Can you upload a picture?

Sad to here about it.

It would be good to contact Callaway and let us know what they say?

Unfortunately, when I found the crack I run a light coat of marine black epoxy over it to hopefully seal is from moisture getting in. I am guessing it will fracture again, so when it does I will take a picture.

I will contact Callaway, just to see what they say bust as the driver is 4 years old I am not expecting much.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:39 AM, Guest Delete said:

Can you upload a picture?

Sad to here about it.

It would be good to contact Callaway and let us know what they say?

I contacted Callaway and they stated that  1. it was outside warranty and 2. That as I put epoxy over the crack that it would make any warranty void anyway.

Response was as expected. Mind you if it happens to the Epic Flash I just bought I will then refer it to the Australian Consumer Commission.

Thats odd I haven't heard of that happening with callaways. I have the rogue and have hit a couple toward top with no problems. My friend did have that happen with his f9 though and they replaced it no questions asked, but he did it again so he switched to Titleist TS2. He somehow managed to hit it high again but the top only dents instead of cracking 

59 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Thats odd I haven't heard of that happening with callaways. I have the rogue and have hit a couple toward top with no problems. My friend did have that happen with his f9 though and they replaced it no questions asked, but he did it again so he switched to Titleist TS2. He somehow managed to hit it high again but the top only dents instead of cracking 

Checkout our the Callaway community page on their website and there are reports of it on other forums. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

i've seen this happen to head from various manufacturers. Touching it after you noticed it was probably a bad call.

Usually a call to customer service gets your some sort of replacement or credit if you play your cards right. I would try to call them again and play up how you are such a callaway fan and really loved this product, are the original and sole owner, and it convinced you to buy other clubs from them, etc. Almost every time I've seen the OEM take care of the customer in some way, shape, or form. At least a credit to callaway pre owned or something. Or have them take it back for the 150% bonus toward a Mavrik. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!