Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

I like Covid golf

Wedgie

I liked not being forced to pay $20 extra to take a cart when it would have been a “hurry up and wait on the tee” day if we rode. We walked and stayed comfortably close to the group in front of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

You guys have anything to add?

Yes. And thankfully I live in Texas!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nothing fast about rounds at my home course. The place is packed starting at 7:00 am. No time between groups... as soon as it's safe to hit, the next group is off. It's usually a 5 minute wait or longer at every hole. It took 4 3/4 hours to play yesterday.... and that was a faster one. Usually 5 + hours. I need to find another place to play...lol.

Not over crowding on the golf courses is about the only thing I enjoy what comes with the issue we have at hands.  Same as no traffic jam on the highway and no mob scene in stores.

However, economic wheels would not turn with just a few of us, so eventually the crowd will return.  I had already seen more golfers on the golf courses.  I guess it's fine if the 4-some are all from the same household......... the social distancing is not working because simply slowing down the spread of the virus will not stop the spreading if they understand how the virus spread.  A small hole in the water bag instead of a larger hole is still leaking water and the smaller hole will expand quickly. will eventually drain the whole bag.  Like rolling a truck down the hill, no matter how slow it goes, the speed of rolling will accelerate with gravity pull.

My buddy took his two sons to golf every week, which is fine because they all came from the same household.  No golf club members gathering or weekly tournaments.  

I agree. I am enjoying this golf, spread out the times a bit and more walking.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Only two non-league rounds so far, but I am in agreement. The first round was at an historically slow place (5+ hours when packed) and we walked a leisurely pace and finished around 3.5 hours. The other round we used carts and finished in about 2.75 hours. Even the pace in our league seems somewhat improved, but that may have more to do with no leagues in front of us anymore.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

At my club, there were the typical types of changes mentioned above. 

However, from my perspective, its just about the same overall experience from a golf perspective. Pre-covid, I typically played alone, so still doing that. I always walk anyway as well.

The one big difference is that members should only use the practice area before rounds, 30 minutes before rounds. So I can't just go to practice.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

The local Munies have been pretty good at making sure everything is spaced out.  Supreme Court just lifted as restrictions, I'm not going to get into that.  But, it has cleared the course out a little bit which I enjoy.  Monday I was able to use the range and keep my distance.  The course wasn't extremely busy, but it seemed to be getting back to normal.

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Well I’m playing tomorrow morning before work. That wouldn’t be possible if I wasn’t working from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I have played 6 rounds and I have enjoyed the COVID changes as well. It seems like its a bit more “relaxed” but not slow golf. Getting around 9 holes in 90-110 minutes is awesome.
I like playing alone and it seems like they are allowing or making some concessions here at least for those that dont want to be in a group of 4 or me as a single being added to a group of 3

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

8 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I played 18 today.... alone. It took 4+ hours. I don't know how most of you are escaping this? My course is just packed.... no matter the the time of day.

Damn!  I snuck out this morning and played at 6:30 for a quick 9 with two friends.  We played in just under 2 hours and I was back in front of my work computer for a 9AM conference call.

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Damn!  I snuck out this morning and played at 6:30 for a quick 9 with two friends.  We played in just under 2 hours and I was back in front of my work computer for a 9AM conference call.

I was on the tee at 8:30. I waited no less than 5 minutes on every hole.

I have gone out and played 3 times since courses re-opened in my area and while I like pace of play (all 3 rounds have come in under 4 hrs. Normally where I am rounds are 4.5-5.5hrs long), and I enjoy walking more, I don’t when the cups are raised above the holes. I feel like this courses your scores to be unrealistically low. Putts that hit the cup are considered in, but that same putt may have lipped out on a regular hole. This happens a couple times in a round and your score is very different. I also look forward to enjoying a drink at the bar with friends after the round, but that will come in time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

8 hours ago, silver & black said:

I played 18 today.... alone. It took 4+ hours. I don't know how most of you are escaping this? My course is just packed.... no matter the the time of day.

We also had a 5 hour 18 the other day. 4 people but the course is long. Wasn’t a bad pace and then yesterday shorter course like @B.Boston said just under 2 hours (1;59 to be exact lol) 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 5/24/2020 at 2:52 PM, Wedgie said:

I’ve played 4 straight days at my club and I’ve got to say the rules in place for playing during the pandemic have made it more enjoyable for me. To name a few:

1. All four rounds, walking foursomes, under 3:23, normal round at 4 hours

2. Pins in for everyone

3. No raking bunkers, lift and place and a quick once over with your foot

4. Everyone gets their own carts that rides

5. 10 minutes between tee times

All of these help pace of play and something I hope our club considers longer term. You guys have anything to add?

I am enjoying this as well and also like not having to pay for a cart. I prefer to walk and think you should on weekends (I think the carts slow pace of play). Should have the option obviously people need them. 
only thing I don’t like is the flag in and the noddles etc. I think it’s screwing with me I have not been putting well other than that I am enjoying this covid golf. Courses seem a little more open but the 15 minute tee times is killing courses 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Not being able to touch the pin has been one of the greatest things ever to happen to golf.  No more pulling it for some and putting it back in for others, and it's certainly cut down on the chumps that like to throw the pin down on the green (one of my personal pet peeves).

Driver: Titleist 917 10.5*
3 Wood: Titliest 917
Hybrid: Titleist 818

Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged w/ True Temper XP 115

Wedges: Volkey SM5 M Grind 54° & 58°; 8° bounce

Putter: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

Grips: Golf Pride MCCPlus4 midsized

Preferred ball: Bridgestone Tour B-RX, ProV 1X

The course in Dillon has started using these style cup/flag holder.  They actually work pretty well as you can just pop your ball out with a finger.  Don't know for sure, but it would not surprise me that these (or similar) become standard.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 5/24/2020 at 2:52 PM, Wedgie said:

I’ve played 4 straight days at my club and I’ve got to say the rules in place for playing during the pandemic have made it more enjoyable for me. To name a few:

1. All four rounds, walking foursomes, under 3:23, normal round at 4 hours

2. Pins in for everyone

3. No raking bunkers, lift and place and a quick once over with your foot

4. Everyone gets their own carts that rides

5. 10 minutes between tee times

All of these help pace of play and something I hope our club considers longer term. You guys have anything to add?

I can most definitely appreciate the quicker rounds, I think the fastest we played 18 before was 3 hours at first light, nobody else was ahead of us and we were just a twosome, most of my rounds are between 3 hours and 45 minutes and 4 and half hours in average.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I was loving the "new normal" until yesterday afternoon.  Two of us tee'd off at 5 PM.  The 5th green is 100 yards to the left of the 1st tee.  The only other group on the front was a fivesome on the 5th green as we were teeing off on #1.  We caught them at #12 at 6:45.  At 8:45. we walked off the golf course after putting out on #15.

Absolutely brutal!

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I would have skipped 12 and gone to #13.

Hindsight being what it is, that would have made sense.  We were just expecting them to have some form of etiquette and let us play through.  Looking back now, by the time they got to 13, they were oblivious to anything around them.  Far too drunk for them to even know we were there.

I agree with most of comments, the not touching pin saves time,  single carts and walkers also saves time and can be more fun.   In Colorado we just started opening practice facilities - this has been missed  not putting or pre-round range is a bummer and believe it has impacted the quality of golf for many.      

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago