Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Lefty 2 iron/driving iron help

Hey everyone. Being a lefty and searching for a 2 iron or driving iron is very challenging. There is not on the market. Does anyone have any recommendations. I am actually thinking about getting and extra Mizuno HMB 3 iron to match my SEL set and bend it to 16 degrees like the right handed 2 iron that righted can buy in the HMB group? Any thoughts and recommendations are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Currently what is in the bag:

Driver: Switch between a Callaway XR16 5 degree long drive driver, Titleist TS2 driver, or TaylorMade Mini Burner

Upper end of the back I switch out between:

Titleist U510 1 iron, Mizuno MP20HMB 3 iron bend down to 2 iron loft, Titleist TS2 3 and 5 wood, Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid

Iron are Mizuno MP-20 SEL 3-PW 

Wedges are Vokey SM8's 46, 50, 54, 58, 62

Putter(s): switch between Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Special or a Odyssey Tank 7 putter that I converted to an armlock putter.

All grips are Jumbo Max XL

Ball switched between ProV1 x, ProV1 left dash, and TP5 X

Hey everyone. Being a lefty and searching for a 2 iron or driving iron is very challenging. There is not on the market. Does anyone have any recommendations. I am actually thinking about getting and extra Mizuno HMB 3 iron to match my SEL set and bend it to 16 degrees like the right handed 2 iron that righted can buy in the HMB group? Any thoughts and recommendations are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PXG has a 1,2,3 DI available at a good price right now. Lefty.
  • Guests
Guest Delete

I'm more a fan of 5 woods and 4 hybrids than 2 iron clubs. Here's a couple links for some clubs to check out. 

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-sth2-hybrids/p/pma0316hbp/

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-stf2-fairway-kura-kage-black-2g/p/pma0315hbp/

Isn't a 2 iron about the same loft as a 3 hybrid and a 5w?

I saw on TXG that the 3 in the same loft have very different flights. 2 iron had the lowest launch and spin. The 5w had the highest launch and spin. The hybrid was in between. The biggest factor was needing lots of speed to get the 2i in the air and it would have the lowest descent angle = not holding any greens. Seems like a one trick pony=stinger tee shots. The 3 hybrid or 5w seem much more versatile. 

I'm in the exact same boat, but go back and forth between a driving iron and hybrid.  Right now I'm still on hybrid do to the higher ball flight and forgiveness.  

I've heard great things about the Srixon driving irons.  I hit the Taylormade Gapr lo and they are fairly forgiving, but very low spin I found, but could really get it out there if needed.  I had a Titleist 712U for a while, but I didn't get along with it that well.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"