Getoffmylawn

What ELSE Is In Your Bag?

Our Sponsors

I wage a constant war at my home course to have a net positive on golf balls, meaning I find more than I lose. Periodically I clean out the ball bag and dump them in a bucket at the house for my son and his duck hook off the tee. So, balls, tees, 1 divot tool with a ball marker, a second ball marker, a few quarters, the flightscope, the holder for the flightscope, 2 alignment sticks, a rain jacket, a ball retriever, 2 towels. Okay I have to go clean out my bag now.

You wish you hit like a girl!

I wage a constant war at my home course to have a net positive on golf balls, meaning I find more than I lose. Periodically I clean out the ball bag and dump them in a bucket at the house for my son and his duck hook off the tee. So, balls, tees, 1 divot tool with a ball marker, a second ball marker, a few quarters, the flightscope, the holder for the flightscope, 2 alignment sticks, a rain jacket, a ball retriever, 2 towels. Okay I have to go clean out my bag now.

Same thing here, all the balls I find go to my boy’s water ball bucket. Then when I take them (they’re 6 & 4), they insist on me teeing up 4 or 5 of them at each water hazard and letting them have at it. Gotta keep it fun...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

I've got a Golf buddy VTX handheld rangefinder... but it's had some issues lately. When I plug it into charge it gives me the charging percentage, but after unplugging it it wont turn on. It wont turn on while its plugged in either. Anyone had any issues with their Golfbuddy devices before? I've reached out to their customer service team a few years ago and they helped me out with prior devices, but I haven't heard back from them on my most recent inquiry. 

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

I just cleaned mine out, here is what I found;

3 Range Gloves, 1 Game Glove, Set of Rain Gloves

3 Divot Tools

Cigar Minder, 2 Lighters, 2 Cutters

Roll of Athletic Tape, 2 Band Aids

Sunglasses

Rain Hood & Umbrella

Galway Bay Rainsuit

Alignment Rod

Putting Mirror

Ball Line Template, 2 Thin Line Sharpies

2 Pencils

Bunch of Old Scorecards

3 Towels

Club Brush

Bunch of Range Tokens From Ranges I Will Never Visit Again

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 5/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, jkpigott said:

Man, my back hurts from just reading this!

One laser, one gps watch, one towel, 2 alignment sticks ($1.99 ea from Lowe's), about 8 balls, bag of tees, two divot tools, two ballmakers, one leather scorecard holder, 3-4 pencils, a small bottle of Advil and a Salted Nut Roll from 2018.

Brilliant idea in regards to picking up the driveway sticks from Lowe's instead of paying $20+ for "golf" alignment sticks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A lot of similarities with everyone else. Part of my ritual before the round is to check everything and pick out a divot tool and coin/marker, but I have a spare always in the bag for a forgetful friend (or me).

Balls

Tees

Alignment stick

Spare green repair tool

Spare marker

Sunscreen

Glove x 2

Rain glove (pair)

Sunscreen

Ibuprofen

Energy gel

Clif Bar

Sharpie

Pencil

Rangefinder

Umbrella (if rain is threatening, pretty rare in SoCal)

Rainhood

Edited by mellow
  • Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM /  M1 Hybrid

:titelist-small:  913 F 3W / 716 AP1 4-PW / Vokey Wedges / Pro V1

:cameron-small: Newport 2 Refinished

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

On 5/28/2020 at 3:50 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

I was cleaning out/sorting my bag a little while ago and it occurred to me...I wonder if I'm the only one that keeps this much crap in their bag.  I have gotten feedback that my bag is on the heavy side; I suspect I'm packing away a bit more than the average golfer.

Besides balls, tees, and gloves...

- Bushnell Rangefinder and spare batteries.  My kid likes to screw around with the rangefinder when I take him, and I was not happy when the battery died into my second hole one Saturday morning.

- White and black frame Oakley’s

- Some Trident, because Tiger was chewing gum at the Masters, so if I chew gum I'll play like Tiger, right?

- About 30 ball markers and 6 or 7 repair tools.  Ball markers are the one cheap souvenir I'll pick up at every new course.

- Spike wrench and club wrench

- Nike Thermal sleeves.  Admittedly, these haven't gotten a lot of use.

- Under Armour and Nike knit hats

- Under Armour and Nike rain jackets (I have this weird thing where I hate mixing apparel logos...I know...)

- Titleist cart mitts

- Handwarmers

- Military challenge coin from my first squadron

- Absorbine Jr for gnat repellent

Some of this stuff I only need for colder temps, but if I store it anywhere else I'll inevitably get questions from the wife who doesn't remember me buying that, and that, and that, if you get my drift.

So, am I the overprepared weirdo?  And, what else is in your bag?

Bag.jpg.46d56bc1642c4c41063fd0ef60810d08.jpg

I have to agree with you......really over prepared

Driver: image.jpeg.34eaee8382f091fe0a3c22d07a128f3d.jpeg TS2 10.5* A-1 Tensai AV 55 Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.e516c276ea3badda924b599efc74dc44.jpeg Epic BB Sub Zero Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff

Driving Iron: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 UDI Project X, Hzrdus 85g

Irons: image.jpeg.b7214da2fa3cda117f55d5a1eca9bfdc.jpeg 0211 4-PW Elevate 95 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.eefc27879a3aeb4584a2da0c9fc3cc61.jpeg RTX 4. 50, 56, 60 degrees

Putter: image.jpeg.5f24b023b8db3d017291f4cd9e670f90.jpeg Huntington Beach 11 

Ball: image.jpeg.4ebe90b87a3ca1ef4804bec7677e8df7.jpeg  Chrome Soft Truvis

fireball.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

8 hours ago, Martinjfs said:

I have to agree with you......really over prepared

Yup.  That said, some of this stuff is just using my bag as storage to avoid attention from the wife, rather than to have for a round.  And there seem to be a few more over-prepared folks on here, so I'm actually a little comforted.

• Haha 1

Currently testing the Honma TR20 460 driver!

Driver: :callaway-small:Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5, Project X HZRDOUS 55g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: California Monterey 1.5, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

:SuperSpeed:

On 5/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

I was cleaning out/sorting my bag a little while ago and it occurred to me...I wonder if I'm the only one that keeps this much crap in their bag.  I have gotten feedback that my bag is on the heavy side; I suspect I'm packing away a bit more than the average golfer.

Besides balls, tees, and gloves...

- Bushnell Rangefinder and spare batteries.  My kid likes to screw around with the rangefinder when I take him, and I was not happy when the battery died into my second hole one Saturday morning.

- White and black frame Oakley’s

- Some Trident, because Tiger was chewing gum at the Masters, so if I chew gum I'll play like Tiger, right?

- About 30 ball markers and 6 or 7 repair tools.  Ball markers are the one cheap souvenir I'll pick up at every new course.

- Spike wrench and club wrench

- Nike Thermal sleeves.  Admittedly, these haven't gotten a lot of use.

- Under Armour and Nike knit hats

- Under Armour and Nike rain jackets (I have this weird thing where I hate mixing apparel logos...I know...)

- Titleist cart mitts

- Handwarmers

- Military challenge coin from my first squadron

- Absorbine Jr for gnat repellent

Some of this stuff I only need for colder temps, but if I store it anywhere else I'll inevitably get questions from the wife who doesn't remember me buying that, and that, and that, if you get my drift.

So, am I the overprepared weirdo?  And, what else is in your bag?

Bag.jpg.46d56bc1642c4c41063fd0ef60810d08.jpg

I usually store colder day stuff in a bag in my car not in the bag itself so if we get a cool late summer day I can break it out easy. Other than that the only non-golf specific items are bug spray and some sun tan spray just in case its really sunny.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Posted (edited)

A cart bag on a push cart (with all those pockets) and reading those social media lists of "you must have these in your golf bag" encourages excess packing but I do know the Scout motto is "Be Prepared."  As far as lifting it all goes, I only have to move it from vehicle to push cart, and then the cart does all the carrying.  In a recent rainstorm while putting, a strong wind gust tested the oversize umbrella's resiliency but did not push the well loaded cart over!   

This inventory is by each side of the bag as the cart is pushed ahead, for simplicity since a Sun Mountain C130 does have 10 pockets.  

• Left side (all 3)- lightweight Arnold Palmer rain jacket and rain pants, beach towel, spare golf shirt and socks, cold weather gloves, power cell (it's a C130 Supercharged bag), USB cable for Android phone, assorted printed things for discount golf vouchers and such, 68" golf umbrella in the sleeve pocket.
  • Right side (all 3)- cold weather jacket w/zip off sleeves, rain hood and club covers while on course, bucket hat, granola bars and dried fruit. [If inclement weather expected a raincoat with hood that gets used as golf bag rain cover.]
  • Front (all 4)- dozen+ balls, cleat wrench, brass/nylon club brush, ball line template thing, military emergency first aid kit, spare ID lanyard, clip-on sunglasses, spray sunscreen, assorted scorecard pencils, assorted plastic ball markers, divot tool with ball marker, various tees, hat visor clip ball marker, pair of gloves, notebook, Sharpie marker.
  • Hanging on the bag- 3 bag towels, 2 smaller novelty towels, clip divot tool with ball marker, 2 can openers, 4 D-rings.
  • In/On the push cart (since it always goes on course under the bag)-  in-use tees, balls, scorecard pencil, scorecard, phone mount, phone (SwingU app running), ex-phone as camera, D-rings holding 6 can size cooler bag , 3 aluminum water bottles, mesh bag for garbage carry to next trashcan and dirty balls. [Increased carry due to unavailability of ball washers, water coolers, and refreshments on course for pandemic restrictions.]

Say what you want about all this but having it calms my mind.  Just as the clubs are selected to do the job each is capable of doing, these things will do their job if/when they are needed.  And why worry about economy of bag contents when it ballasts the cart in winds and adds to the exercise of walking the course when the cart is doing the carrying anyway! 😀👍

Edited by EasyPutter
missed information

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg