GolfSpy STUDque

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! 2020 GolfBalls.com AlignXL

Our Sponsors

I’d love to test these golfballs. I currently I use a solid blue line put on with an alignment cup.  Callaway chromesoft 

Ave Maria Florida. 

Brice, Wisconsin 14 hcp

Sharpie w/ plastic alignment. 

Titeist Ex-01

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 9:35 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

To use a line or not to use a line? That is the question. It's not exactly Shakespeare, but when lining up a putt, it's a question I'll bet you've asked your self more than once.

D67A1C4E-A453-44D3-A8FD-DD980D0A65C8.png

Some golfers use tracing devices while others opt for the free-hand Sharpie method. Additionally, on pretty much every tour-level ball, the side stamp doubles as an alignment aid. Some companies (namely Callaway) have taken the conversation a step further with advancements such as Triple-Track Technology.

Given all of this as the context within the ball industry, Golfballs.com spawned the idea of Align XL.

5D47D993-BCC7-40BF-A004-62B62EC00934.jpeg

Simply, it's a custom print option that places a straight line 180° around the ball.

The result seems rather basic, but drawing a straight line on a curved surface is a bit more complex than one might think. With that, Golfballs.com developed in-house technology to maintain certain levels of quality control and fast turn-around times on all custom orders.

CAA5971D-D017-4328-AA35-B9DB160994D6.jpeg

Now, we want you to test it. Golfballs.com will be providing one dozen of any type of ball on their website with the AlignXL personalization.  This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Location and HC
  2. Current line method
  3. Ball choice and personalization

The Villages FL. 15

Markings on ball 

Titleist Prov x  Pooh

Edited by Albatrass
left out type of ball

On 5/28/2020 at 9:35 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:
  • Elyria, OH.  Hcp 2.8
  • Alignment cup
  • Titleist AVX      Birdie Ball

On 5/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

To use a line or not to use a line? That is the question. It's not exactly Shakespeare, but when lining up a putt, it's a question I'll bet you've asked your self more than once.

D67A1C4E-A453-44D3-A8FD-DD980D0A65C8.png

Some golfers use tracing devices while others opt for the free-hand Sharpie method. Additionally, on pretty much every tour-level ball, the side stamp doubles as an alignment aid. Some companies (namely Callaway) have taken the conversation a step further with advancements such as Triple-Track Technology.

Given all of this as the context within the ball industry, Golfballs.com spawned the idea of Align XL.

5D47D993-BCC7-40BF-A004-62B62EC00934.jpeg

Simply, it's a custom print option that places a straight line 180° around the ball.

The result seems rather basic, but drawing a straight line on a curved surface is a bit more complex than one might think. With that, Golfballs.com developed in-house technology to maintain certain levels of quality control and fast turn-around times on all custom orders.

CAA5971D-D017-4328-AA35-B9DB160994D6.jpeg

Now, we want you to test it. Golfballs.com will be providing one dozen of any type of ball on their website with the AlignXL personalization.  This opportunity is open to golfers residing in the US. To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Location and HC
  2. Current line method
  3. Ball choice and personalization

Abbey, Honolulu, Hawaii, HC 10

360° single line with sharpie.

ProV1x, ASM

West Virginia........18 HC

OEM ball alignment line.

Bridgestone e12 Soft

1. Tampa, FL   currently at 12
  2. I purchased some balls in the past and had them personalized with a long typed message:  Sink in Mueller, etc. (they are gone now)
  3. I am a fan of Taylormade TP5, personalized with "Make it Mueller"

Thanks for the opportunity!

Dave :rolleyes:

Houston, TX; 8.6 Hcp Index

The printed type of ball (model name printed on the side)

Srixon XV - Red Mamba

1. Sun Lakes, AZ, 14 HC
  2. Sharpie and a template
  3. Snell MTB-X and BS

I just started using lines on my golfballs last year. It definitely helps me line up the putts and has probably shaved 2-3 strokes per round. I also learned that my setup was costing me strokes because putts that looked lined up from behind, were looking different when I stood over the ball.

1. Jonah, Los Angeles, 15 HCP

2. Blue sharpie line marked with stencil

3. Bridgestone Tour B X, JOJO, Blue Line

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNTEC 2.80 TI: 9.5 Degrees

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngHTEC Fairway 3W

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNTEC 2.80 Utility: 21 and 24 Degrees

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNP 3+ Irons and Wedges (5i - LW)

Capture.PNG.81120f277349bfd52c5d3ef2b01d4ef9.PNG Edel Torque Balanced Putter wrapped with Baseball Grip Tape

I’ve been putting with a sharpie line on my ball for at least 5 years. I’d love to test this out. Gary, 4 hdcp. 

Posted (edited)

San Diego and Handicap is 12.5 per GHIN

i use a plastic guide and sharpie to mark a line On My ball.

Titleist Pro V1x  JCM

Edited by CrzyQbn@me.com

Would like to be a tester. I use a line for putting always, been using one for years.

Bruce, Las Vegas NV, 22.7 index

Sharpie line

Kirkland ball

I don’t use a line other than the manufacturer lines and I putt with it perpendicular to the line so I try to hit it square so please don’t include me 

My top choice of balls are Titleist Pro V1x and Bridgestone Tour BX, but I am interested in the Callaway Chrimesoft X ball because of the Triple Track alignment.  I don’t favor Chromesoft balls due to their quality from last years ball test.

1. Detroit, Michigan and 1 HDCP

2. Sharpie with ball line device

3. Titleist Pro V1X and just an alignment line

I draw a line on my ball to help me put and to focus on the ball when teeing off. I am curious if this is better being that it circles the entire circumference.

Dancin Bear. See, I'm an old Grateful Dead fan. I have a dancin bear tatoo on my left leg and a driver head cover and a dancin bear in golf attire sticker on my bumper.

Al, Fayetteville, NC, 12 Hcp

OEM ball line

Titleist TruSoft, almygolfspy

Putting is the most personal stroke in golf. I use the line on the ball as putting makes up for a less than stellar game when it comes to longer approach shots. 

I have been using Check-Go Pro device for which finds "ultimate sweet spot" by using balance and spinning ball and thus drawing a line around ball for years. I definitely feel that line has greatly helped my putting alignment.