Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

iOS Users - Best MGS experience - App or Safari

So, what to my fellow iOS users prefer for the best experience of MGS?  Using the App, or just using Safari?  Just curious what long time users find provides the richest experience for reading/viewing; and best for posting.  

for example, I have yet to figure out how find the gallery with the app, or be able to post a graphic via the app.  But hey, I’ve also gone looking for a wayward drive in the junk sixty yards from where I should be...  Using the app should be more convenient.  Just curious about others experience.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

2 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

So, what to my fellow iOS users prefer for the best experience of MGS?  Using the App, or just using Safari?  Just curious what long time users find provides the richest experience for reading/viewing; and best for posting.  

for example, I have yet to figure out how find the gallery with the app, or be able to post a graphic via the app.  But hey, I’ve also gone looking for a wayward drive in the junk sixty yards from where I should be...  Using the app should be more convenient.  Just curious about others experience.

I use my old ipad (1st gen?) with the app in the evening while watching tv. The app version is definitely more limited and has random glitches, but you can post pics,  If you have a reasonably fast ipad go with the safari version. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Without having to provide too much detail - how Do you post Picts.  All I get is the little “reply” box and I can see any attachment options.  Thanks for any advice, and help.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

Chrome or Tapatalk direct. The app is unusable for me.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yes, how do you post Picts in the app.  Easy enough to do in a web browser.  Just can’t figure out how to do so in the app. Thanks.

I started with the MGS app and then switched to Tapatalk. I’m currently using Safari exclusively as I really did not care for the apps. To each their own but I prefer the Safari page. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Interesting topic,

I use either a laptop, tablet or phone. Always went through a search engine google or chrome. Then star it as a favorite to get to it quicker. But the interesting part is that the MGS site appears differently based on the devise I'm using. Never tried the app over the years but I think I'll load it today and give it a whirl.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Just to chime in on the topic, the browser version of the site gives the truest experience. This would either be on a regular desktop or in the mobile/tablet browsers of your choice Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc and it's my preferred method. 

That said, totally understand the desire to have a dedicated app. There's currently 2 ways to access it: standalone MGS app and via Tapatalk. The experience is the same in each since Tapatalk hosts both. Problem is, Tapatalk's software is steadily diverging from our forum host so the functionality continues to dwindle as we get further apart. This manifests itself in various bugs and errors that we can't fix although the apps are still mostly compatible. 

Sounds like there's not a solution? There is. Our host, Invision, will be offering mobile app support with the next major system upgrade. This will be great for us all in the way of a native app that will continually be upgraded to keep common language with the forum. It'll take the forum of a multi-forum environment like Tapatalk but specific for Invision-hosted sites. 

I'm really looking forward to it but am still cautious that it may take time to get it right. So, we'll be carrying the Tapatalk tie-in until we feel comfortable enough to fully transition. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

99% if the time I use tapatalk. If I want to do a poll before I get on a computer I will use chrome for iOS. The only problem with tapatalk is that it is a little slow and glitchy but does most everything I need it to do.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

I use the app 98% of the time.

Just hit that little circle with a plus sign and you’ll have the option the add pictures.

Good grief, how did I miss that.... Thank you