Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

I need to add weight to my Odyssey White Hot, Suggestions?

I have a Odyssey Marxman White Hot Putter. I tried an Evnroll ER7 and that felt great at a fitting I went to. That head is 370g plus a Evnroll weighted grip. I was looking at maybe buying some stick on weights but they seem to be in .25oz increments. Plus I don't need a whole box of 90 weights! Thoughts/suggestions?

How about Tire Balancing weights? They stick on and you can probably find them in lower quantities at any auto parts store. Then look to a weighted putter grip, SuperStroke and Forward Golf offer weighted grips in multiple sizes. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Have you thought of lead tape?  Just a thought. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Lead tape on the bottom so you don't see it is the way to go! You can epoxy lead birdshot down the shaft as well but if your adding alot of weight that approach will mess with face balance and can rattle.

If you want a weighted grip, I LOVE the gravity grip!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Good thoughts all, I'll see about maybe led tape or tire balancing weights. I already have a weighted putter grip (I think Evnroll) which is great. Distance control is good just need the putter to be a bit heavier until I am able to upgrade.

This can be easy or a little tricky pending where you want the weight and related feel. Questions:

So are you trying for overall increased total club weight feel? (i.e. your putter/Odyssey feels different/lighter than the Evnroll)

Or did you feel the Evnroll ER7 putter head weight during the stroke? 

Or did you like a feeling in your hands during the stroke from that Evnroll putter grip?

Also are the lengths of the two putters the same? 

Why? Because Odyssey and other putter manufacturers have (depending on year/model) varied putter head weights per length (33",34", 35") in an attempt to ensure consistent feel in its putter models. 

26 minutes ago, aerospace_ray said:

This can be easy or a little tricky pending where you want the weight and related feel. Questions:

So are you trying for overall increased total club weight feel? (i.e. your putter/Odyssey feels different/lighter than the Evnroll)

Or did you feel the Evnroll ER7 putter head weight during the stroke? 

Or did you like a feeling in your hands during the stroke from that Evnroll putter grip?

Also are the lengths of the two putters the same? 

Why? Because Odyssey and other putter manufacturers have (depending on year/model) varied putter head weights per length (33",34", 35") in an attempt to ensure consistent feel in its putter models. 

So the Evnroll ER7 felt more weight in the head. I already have enough weight in the grip and the shaft. The lengths are the same, I really like the Evnroll putter grip with the weight etc. I know it's a bit different as the Enroll ER7 doesn't have a face insert like the Odyssey has. I felt the head weight of the Evnroll ER7 more so in the stroke then I do with the Odyssey. Does that all make sense? I think I answered all of your questions. 

Yes Thanks. So to me its two parts. And note others here on MGS have ideas and with their expertise/experiences could reply and offer additional alternatives. 

If this were my putter, the challenge is with the right weight in the putter head (Odyssey). 

In a perfect world we could search/look up on internet what the weight of the Odyssey putter head is.  As a club maker hobbyist I could even pop the head off and weight it to see how much the Odyssey weighs (grams) vs a ~370 gram Evnroll ER putter head. Then I would assemble/epoxy the Odyssey club back together. And then plan the math > how much/where (putter head , lead powder down the shaft - combo of those, etc). **I think you have good suggestions in previous posts how to add weight to your putter head.

If this were my putter, the easy part is to go buy the Evnroll grip and/or a Super Stroke with counter core and add weight to the grip. Now my experience with counter balance weights is to do it slow and remember if  you add to grip only you are in effect subtracting from the putter head and the club may feel lighter. Its still heavier overall (the total putter) but you are changing the balance point on the shaft (moving weight high makes the lower part feel lighter). Its a balancing act so to speak. And honestly it comes down to where you want the feel to be, in your hands or the club head. You might just add weight to the putter head and buy a Super Stroke grip but not add weights to the grip. Lots of options. 

Hope this does not cause confusion, it can be fun to learn how manipulating weight can affect your feel in a golf club. Eventually you figure it out through trial and error. Sometimes you walk in a store / pro-shop and pick something up and it feels right the first time. Hopefully you can buy it if that happens 😀. Good luck 

You white hot is probably 350g. You would need to add 20g of weight to match the Evnroll, however, even if you added 15g, you won't be able to really feel that additional 5g. 

I'm adding weight to my Ping Arna by a combo of a lead tip weight and tungsten powder with a shaft plug. I used a bunch of lead tape only to see an increase of about 7g. I'll use a 10g tip weight and another 5g in tungsten powder to raise the weight of my Arna from 350 to 365g. You can either do it yourself, if you have epoxy, a heat source, the tip weight and powder. I got all of mine at The Golf Works. 

Adding weight to just the grip is an easy way to lose feeling in the putter head. You need to add it in both if you are beefing up your grip. Just a thought. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

6 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Adding weight to just the grip is an easy way to lose feeling in the putter head. You need to add it in both if you are beefing up your grip. Just a thought. 

The balance of weight between head and grip will largely be influenced by how a player swings a putter.   If you try to move the head,  the lower swing weight will be an issue.   If you try to move your hands, then more weight on the grip end will be helpful. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG