Our Sponsors

16 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Caledonia Golf & Fish Club

Caledonia is great but this is just me I like the River Club better. Seems to me Caledonia is way over priced

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Caledonia is great but this is just me I like the River Club better. Seems to me Caledonia is way over priced

I am sure you know, living close by. I have never played River Club.

I have been to Myrtle Beach on golf trips many times. We will play 2 days, go deep sea fishing one day, then play golf another 2 days. MB is divided into 3 sections, south, central, north.  Each sections golf courses are different. South are more p,antation courses with Spanish moss hanging from the trees, central tends to weave in and around condos and has some traditional layouts. North has a good mix but not much of the Spanish moss.

World Tour is gimmicky meaning you get a passport which gets stamped when you play the back 9 holes from other countries. You get to play all famous holes but remember they are all the toughest holes so don't expect a low round. 

My preference is the south strand .  Caledonia, True Blue, Heritage, TPC Myrtle Beach, Litchfield Plantation are all top notch.

Heading  toward central I would lean toward Arrowhead, Wizard (built through a swamp with miles of bridges and gators), Kings North, Wild Wing, Glen Dornoch, Legends.

North MB  Rivers Edge, Long Bay, Oyster Bay, Sandpiper Bay, 

The drive is about 1 hour from end to end so I would try to mix the course type up when I go. 

• Like 2

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

Haven’t road tripped it from your whereabouts but I’ve played quite a few in SC. The Ocean course is of course just special, but the one i enjoyed the most (and that’s from looking at all aspects) still stands with Heritage Golf Club. And again, I’ve played quite a few times in SC and like to think I have a very good sense and taste as to what separates raw beauty and experience from your other top notch courses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

I have made several buddy trips to Myrtle Beach. The 2 courses that are always on the itinerary are True Blue and Caledonia Golf & Fish Club. Caledonia is a beautiful course and is consistently in the Top 100 Public Courses in America. True Blue is across the street and is a different challenge, more open fairway, but some crazy deep bunkers and an island green Par 3. Heritage is ok, I just thought that the housing infringed a little on the course, just personal taste. I never cared for the TPC course personally. If you do head down to Pawley's Island to play Caledonia or True Blue make sure you check out the Pawley's Island Tavern, one of my all time favorite places.

:callaway-small: Mavrik 9 Degree

:taylormade-small: Jet Speed 3 and 5 Wood

:cobra-small: Baffler XL 4-GW

:cleveland-small: CBX 52 Degree

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole S

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5

• 4 weeks later...

YES that an very good course and I also Liked Pawleys plantation ...it was a jack Nicklaus design with amazing views 

• Driver:  TM M5 10.5   AD Tour DI7X

3w ; SIM MAX 14  Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

5w : Adams Tight Lies 2 -19  KuroKage 60g S 

Irons 4-PW: Miura MC 501 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: EPON 50 - SM7 52 - 56 - 60

Putter: Miura Series 1957 KM-005 

Ball: PROV1 X 

•  
  • 1 month later...

Myrtle Beach is a golf Disney World. There are many great courses most of which have been named here. I used to go twice a year. I now play most of my seaside golf in Charleston.  I would never try to talk you out of going to Myrtle Beach, but Charleston has some great tracks too.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough