TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's the best deal in YOUR bag?!

Golf is expensive...I bet a lot of us get a bit sad when we see the price tag of new clubs in retail stores. Most of us probably can't justify spending ($500-$1000) on a stock or custom fit club or much more for a set of irons, but it is amazing what deals you can find on the internet! Personally, I haven't bought a "new" club in years, but you'd never know from looking at my bag.

So, I'm curious... what are your BEST finds from second hand sources like kijiji, ebay, globalgolf, secondswing, etc. that are in your bag? If you picked up a Scotty at a garage sale for $15 you win 😶

My Top 2:

• Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - KBS Hybrid 80S Shaft
    • My pride and joy🥰...Picked this beauty up Sept 2019 from globalgolf.ca ($130 CAD taxed+shipped). Listed as "value" condition, but I SWEAR it had the plastic on it🤯
  • Cobra F9 Driver - Black & Yelow (9 deg) - Fuji Atmos Black TS 7X - No Headcover
    • Purchased Feb 2020. Bought from globalgolf.ca ($215 CAD taxed+shipped). Listed as "value" condition, but there is NO CHANCE it had ever been hit.🤯

Edited by benmcal

Those are good finds man!

Mine would have to be my bomb dropper of a 3-wood....  PXG 0341, PXG for Heroes ($127, shipped to my house)  Crazy long and accurate once adjusted and still pretty forgiving!

WTB:

:callaway-small: Callaway EPIC Flash Sub Zero Triple Black Diamond 10.5* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 757 x-flex

PXG 0341 Gen 1 3-wood w/ Aldila NV2KXV Blue 70g x-flex

:ping-small: Ping G400 22* x-flex

:mizuno-small: Mizuno MP-18SC 4-6i w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:mizuno-small: Mizuno MP-20 7-PW w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:ping-small: Ping Glide 2 52,56 and 60* w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:bettinardi-1:  Bettinardi Kuchar Arm lock model #1 @ 42"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

:Arccos:

I paid $500 for my P790s (4-AW) with recoil F4 shafts. Sold the shafts for $180 (minus $10 for shipping), bought some Ctapers for 120. So ultimately paid around $450 for my irons.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

Brandon Matthews No2 - Not Made for the Tour
"buy the ticket, take the ride..."

7 minutes ago, beelzeberto said:

I paid $500 for my P790s (4-AW) with recoil F4 shafts. Sold the shafts for $180 (minus $10 for shipping), bought some Ctapers for 120. So ultimately paid around $450 for my irons.

Unreal! I am playing Mizuno 825 Pros with the stock S300s in them (off the rack).

🤔 Been thinking about getting them (and my P790 2i) fitted and reshafted with something stiffer and heavier for a while now.

Any advice on where best to look for iron shafts?

21 minutes ago, benmcal said:

Unreal! I am playing Mizuno 825 Pros with the stock S300s in them (off the rack).

🤔 Been thinking about getting them (and my P790 2i) fitted and reshafted with something stiffer and heavier for a while now.

Any advice on where best to look for iron shafts?

I switched from S300's that I had in some Mizuno 919F's. The Ctaper 120S feels stiffer, more girthy lol.
I like them a lot more but then again I did also switch to the 790's which I think are a smaller head as well. It's probably all mental.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

i had some pretty good finds on 2nd swing and global golf 

Taylor Made Ardmore TP Red White putter - global golf Certified for $77 it look brand new when it showed up. 

Ping G Crossover 4 iron - off of 2nd swing for $72 got it for the mint condition look brand new 

Ping glide 2.0 54 and 58 wedge off 2nd swing $68 a piece both at 9.0 condition .. 

I picked up my Cobra F8 one lengths for (5-GW) $325 off of ebay guy only played two rounds with it and couple of the clubs look brand new .. I ended up swapping out the shafts for Oban CT-100 Shafts .. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

3 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

...Taylor Made Ardmore TP Red White putter - global golf Certified for $77 it look brand new when it showed up...

Amazing - I'm waiting to find a steal on the TM Spider X Copper now...

The 3 items I've seen purchased in "value" condition all turned out to be mint. I don't know how globalgolf evaluates their clubs but I am not complaining one bit 🤪

Just now, benmcal said:

Amazing - I'm waiting to find a steal on the TM Spider X Copper now...

The 3 items I've seen purchased in "value" condition all turned out to be mint. I don't know how globalgolf evaluates their clubs but I am not complaining one bit 🤪

I couldn't find a good deal on the TM Spider but that's a great putter my buddy has one, yeah I am not sure either but I cant complain so far... haha 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

Titleist DCI oversize irons 3 iron - gap wedge, great condition even after 8 years of use. Dad got them for me in college for $50. I bought the sand and lob wedges from the set separately and they cost more than the rest of the set. I love these things. Feel and hit just as good as anything selling for $1000.

Driver: Ping G10

3w: Ping G10

4H: Callaway FTiz

Irons: Titleist DCI Oversize+ Gold 4-L

Putter: Odyssey O-works 7s

Definitely looking to replace all but the putter 😄

19 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Taylor Made Ardmore TP Red White putter - global golf Certified for $77 it look brand new when it showed up. 

Ping G Crossover 4 iron - off of 2nd swing for $72 got it for the mint condition look brand new 

Ping glide 2.0 54 and 58 wedge off 2nd swing $68 a piece both at 9.0 condition .. 

I picked up my Cobra F8 one lengths for (5-GW) $325 off of ebay guy only played two rounds with it and couple of the clubs look brand new .. I ended up swapping out the shafts for Oban CT-100 Shafts .. 

I'm always cautious of the things on 2nd swing and GG as most of them don't show very detailed pictures, they just describe what condition they think they're in.

TM.png

Sim / M2 / MG

Z785

My best value purchase was a brand new flat stick. Cleveland TFI 2135 8.0 counterweighted 2 years ago for like $150. 

Excellent quality, feel and alignment in a blade. Finally did a basic fitting and found I needed a counterweight. Fantastic value for the technology and the copper milled face look is killer. 

Help me out with some likes - trying to get out of the recruit status. Thx!

CEA18344-E5E6-4B19-9438-0B0241F4030E.jpeg

88E3EA42-4084-4120-B5C3-5F27AB8446B7.jpeg

1 hour ago, beelzeberto said:

I'm always cautious of the things on 2nd swing and GG as most of them don't show very detailed pictures, they just describe what condition they think they're in.

I think second swing does a better job with the pictures are usually the actually club ... GG is just stock photos .. it’s always a roll of the dice though with anything used

44 minutes ago, dgoober said:

My best value purchase was a brand new flat stick. Cleveland TFI 2135 8.0 counterweighted 2 years ago for like $150. 

Excellent quality, feel and alignment in a blade. Finally did a basic fitting and found I needed a counterweight. Fantastic value for the technology and the copper milled face look is killer. 

Help me out with some likes - trying to get out of the recruit status. Thx!

CEA18344-E5E6-4B19-9438-0B0241F4030E.jpeg

88E3EA42-4084-4120-B5C3-5F27AB8446B7.jpeg

Steez and tees ! 

@Nolan220 You buy from them, or play their outings?

Got some great Greyson pullovers  really cool. They sent me this “thank you” package. Very smart and cost-effective marketing.

You can never say no to stickers and coozies!!!😂

826C6618-9609-49C0-9B95-DC0ADF4D3EB9.jpeg

Edited by dgoober

7 minutes ago, dgoober said:

@Nolan220 You buy from them, or play their outings?

Got some great Greyson pullovers  really cool. They sent me this “thank you” package. Very smart and cost-effective marketing.

You can never say no to stickers and coozies!!!😂

826C6618-9609-49C0-9B95-DC0ADF4D3EB9.jpeg

No I haven’t but follow Bryan on Instagram seems like a nice guy and their stuff seems cool I will have to pick up some merch 

$150 shipped for a set of Titleist 714CBs, 4-PW. My gamers, I love them.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Picked up a used Callaway Rogue sub zero with stiff shaft and midsize grip, which were fitted for me, for only $150. Club was in great shape.

Best deal I found was definitely an Odyssey Metal-X milled #2 putter I found at golf galaxy. It was used but it could have easily passed for brand new. Even had a weighted Super stroke grip on it. Walked out the door with it for less than $135. Ended up using it for the season and re-selling it for more than I bought it for

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9*

Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3w & 5w

Irons: Ping i200 5i - PW

Wedges: Ping Glide Forged GW, RTX Zipcore 56* & 60*

Putter: Axis 1 Rose B

Was looking at picking up a 60 degree Hi Toe, but found a deal for a 56 and 60 with Modus 120 shafts (same as my irons) for $100. Basically brand new. Put the 60 in the bag immediately and had plans to sell the 56 to recoup the lions share of the original purchase price, but it beat out my existing SW as well. Was very happy with that deal.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

On 5/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, benmcal said:

Golf is expensive...I bet a lot of us get a bit sad when we see the price tag of new clubs in retail stores. Most of us probably can't justify spending ($500-$1000) on a stock or custom fit club or much more for a set of irons, but it is amazing what deals you can find on the internet! Personally, I haven't bought a "new" club in years, but you'd never know from looking at my bag.

So, I'm curious... what are your BEST finds from second hand sources like kijiji, ebay, globalgolf, secondswing, etc. that are in your bag? If you picked up a Scotty at a garage sale for $15 you win 😶

My Top 2:

• Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - KBS Hybrid 80S Shaft
    • My pride and joy🥰...Picked this beauty up Sept 2019 from globalgolf.ca ($130 CAD taxed+shipped). Listed as "value" condition, but I SWEAR it had the plastic on it🤯
  • Cobra F9 Driver - Black & Yelow (9 deg) - Fuji Atmos Black TS 7X - No Headcover
    • Purchased Feb 2019. Bought from globalgolf.ca ($215 CAD taxed+shipped). Listed as "value" condition, but there is NO CHANCE it had ever been hit.🤯

Great topic as I always looking for deals!

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

Scotty X7M.  Bought it for 60% when Golfsmith was going out of business.  I went up to that store pretty often at the beginning of the close out sale and I noticed after the first week or two the clubs were going fast but they still have a lot of putters left and were dropping the discount about 10% per week or two.  I was waiting for them to hit about 40-60% off, but by the time I got up there the putters were 60% off and I went straight to grab the scotty I had liked from prior testing.  I kept the scotty close and putted around to make sure I preferred the Scotty over the other options and scored a hell of the deal.  

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

Way back when, I bought the original TM RBZ driver (2011 I believe). I played that for a couple years until the TM M1 430 came out in 2015. I was still happy with my driver so had not even thought about it until my Father and I were at our local Muni (Shout out to San Jose Municipal GC) and he says "Hey have you tried the new M1 yet?" to which I snarkily reply "NO..why would I? You buying it?" ..... TO my shock he says "Yeah Sure"...Needless to say I had a new driver on order that day. (ended up buying myself the matching 3 wood a couple months later...) 

ANYWAYS...Happily played that driver until May 25th, 2019 when I hit a drive at Poppy Ridge GC in Livermore, CA and it sounded weird. Looked down and there was a small crack at the bottom of the face. I shot an email to my guy at Muni and he told me to bring it in. He took it and called his friends over at TM. By June 6th They shipped me a brand new M5 to replace it at no cost. So that is easily the best deal in my bag. (still gaming the M1 3 wood though..kinda hoping I crack the face soon...) 

(note: I probably should have taken the plastic wrap off the driver before taking a photo...too late now..)

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Picked up my 3 wood at a thrift shop for 50 bucks. It's my favorite club in the bag at the moment 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

On 5/30/2020 at 7:40 AM, Nolan220 said:

I think second swing does a better job with the pictures are usually the actually club ... GG is just stock photos .. it’s always a roll of the dice though with anything used

What he said 👆  

They show actual pictures, (you can zoom in a get a real good look)

I only buy "condition 9" or above, always get what I expect.  They also have a 30 day guarantee.

I bought Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50*, 54*, 58* all 9.0 rating for $68.00  each shipped 

They are awesome

Driver: Ping G410+
Fairway Wood: Ping G425 (x2)  
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Ping Fetch 2021
Ball: Snell MTB-X

2 minutes ago, Bills300 said:

What he said 👆  

They show actual pictures, (you can zoom in a get a real good look)

I only buy "condition 9" or above, always get what I expect.  They also have a 30 day guarantee.

I bought Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50*, 54*, 58* all 9.0 rating for $68.00  each shipped 

They are awesome

I bought the same wedges from them ! .. 54 and 58 .. I only get 9.0 or above too and usually its not much more money then the 8.0

This ping G30 hybrid, 30 bucks on E-bay it was the head only….

20200603_175259.jpeg.206d270555e93401a78b8c2afe7e0fe0.jpeg20200603_175309.jpeg.f3eb9194c86366e83c23f52b2942983d.jpeg

Edited by Zen Snake

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos: