benmcal

What's the best deal in YOUR bag?!

Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)

I bet most read best deal as money investment, but does a time and effort investment count? I time and effort involved encouraging friends and others to join Stick and Hack Club (stickandhack.com) during the April new member drive. They only had to sign up for a free lifetime membership and say I referred them and 16 did. Winner!

The prize club; TaylorMade M3 3 wood.  The quality of this club blows me away and it's a quantum difference from all other clubs in my bag.  The purchase price alone exceeds the combined cost of all my other clubs, and to be fair I rescue clubs at bargain prices and give them a good home.

TaylorMadeM3-first ball strike 20200514 Caz sm.jpg

S-H.AprilNewMemberDriveResult sm.jpg

Edited by EasyPutter
reduce photo sizes

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

Scotty X7M.  Bought it for 60% when Golfsmith was going out of business.  I went up to that store pretty often at the beginning of the close out sale and I noticed after the first week or two the clubs were going fast but they still have a lot of putters left and were dropping the discount about 10% per week or two.  I was waiting for them to hit about 40-60% off, but by the time I got up there the putters were 60% off and I went straight to grab the scotty I had liked from prior testing.  I kept the scotty close and putted around to make sure I preferred the Scotty over the other options and scored a hell of the deal.  

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

Way back when, I bought the original TM RBZ driver (2011 I believe). I played that for a couple years until the TM M1 430 came out in 2015. I was still happy with my driver so had not even thought about it until my Father and I were at our local Muni (Shout out to San Jose Municipal GC) and he says "Hey have you tried the new M1 yet?" to which I snarkily reply "NO..why would I? You buying it?" ..... TO my shock he says "Yeah Sure"...Needless to say I had a new driver on order that day. (ended up buying myself the matching 3 wood a couple months later...) 

ANYWAYS...Happily played that driver until May 25th, 2019 when I hit a drive at Poppy Ridge GC in Livermore, CA and it sounded weird. Looked down and there was a small crack at the bottom of the face. I shot an email to my guy at Muni and he told me to bring it in. He took it and called his friends over at TM. By June 6th They shipped me a brand new M5 to replace it at no cost. So that is easily the best deal in my bag. (still gaming the M1 3 wood though..kinda hoping I crack the face soon...) 

(note: I probably should have taken the plastic wrap off the driver before taking a photo...too late now..)

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun

Picked up my 3 wood at a thrift shop for 50 bucks. It's my favorite club in the bag at the moment 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

On 5/30/2020 at 7:40 AM, Nolan220 said:

I think second swing does a better job with the pictures are usually the actually club ... GG is just stock photos .. it’s always a roll of the dice though with anything used

What he said 👆  

They show actual pictures, (you can zoom in a get a real good look)

I only buy "condition 9" or above, always get what I expect.  They also have a 30 day guarantee.

I bought Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50*, 54*, 58* all 9.0 rating for $68.00  each shipped 

They are awesome

• Like 1

Driver: Titlelist 917D
Fairway Wood: Mizuno 
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball
Ball: Snell MTB-X

2 minutes ago, Bills300 said:

What he said 👆  

They show actual pictures, (you can zoom in a get a real good look)

I only buy "condition 9" or above, always get what I expect.  They also have a 30 day guarantee.

I bought Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50*, 54*, 58* all 9.0 rating for $68.00  each shipped 

They are awesome

I bought the same wedges from them ! .. 54 and 58 .. I only get 9.0 or above too and usually its not much more money then the 8.0

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

Posted (edited)

This ping G30 hybrid, 30 bucks on E-bay it was the head only….

20200603_175259.jpeg.206d270555e93401a78b8c2afe7e0fe0.jpeg20200603_175309.jpeg.f3eb9194c86366e83c23f52b2942983d.jpeg

Edited by Zen Snake
  • Like 1

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos: