WITB - 2020 - Hitting Above My Weight

Cmpress

Hey Crew,

Long time forum reader, first time poster, forgive me if I ramble. Excited to talk golf!

2020 is the year I decided to step outside my comfort zone. I had struggled for years with the common inner struggle of “Am I good enough to hit ‘players’ irons?”. After hitting a Callaway X Forged ‘18 7 iron at my local G.T. I was in love. The smile that hitting the middle of that club put on my face was something I had never experienced in golf. I was addicted, but they weren’t ‘meant’ for me (18 hcp at the time). After a few more visits, a few more hits, I decided if they weren’t meant for me, I had better improve, I needed these clubs in my life! 2 months in, 32 rounds down, couldn’t be happier with my decision. When I put a good swing on the ball I get good results, bad swing, bad results *BUT* I know exactly where I mishit it. 

As for my driver, what a story... 

Last year I purchased a Callaway Fusion Driver second hand. Liked it, but didn’t LOVE it. Distance was ok, sound wasn’t my jam. About half way through the season I took my honey out for her first round of golf. 3 Holes in, after assuring her “Don’t worry babe, you won’t hurt my clubs”, she tees off, something doesn’t sound right.... I inspect my driver to find a crack in the top crown. So, it sat in a closet for the rest of the year, assuming there was nothing Callaway would do, as I purchased it second hand. Before throwing it out this year I decided, what’s the harm in asking them. I called Callaway customer service, was completely honest about where I purchased it and what happened. They confirmed there was no warranty BUT they are happy to keep me as a customer and instructed me to pick a shaft from their stock offerings as they would send me an Epic Flash..... Jaw dropped....Stunned. This driver is mind blowing, I have never had confidence off the tee with Driver. I’m consistently 10-20 yds further and much more accurate. (See photo below, My drive on a 310 yd Par 4 - Dogleg Left - Bunker on Right side of green. Thread the needle and putting for eagle!) Everyone always says “it’s not the club”. While I agree to an extent, everyone of my friends that has hit this club has gotten consistently better results than their own driver. A few stating they hit their longest drive ever with it. A few searching for deals to purchase their own.

I was so happy with Callaway’s service and product I filled out the bag with the following:

Callaway Epic Flash 9 deg. Kuro Kage TiNi Silver 70g  

Callaway Epic Flash 5W Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Callaway X-Forged ‘18 3-PW KBS Tour 90

Callaway Forged 52-56 DG S300
Callaway Forged 60 DG S400

Scotty Cameron Kombi S

29FFA182-9A9B-492E-88CD-31210A6BC6E7.jpeg

B8267A32-D7CF-409D-87C5-B8CC07595646.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice set of sticks right there!!

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2