Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Bargain Hunting WITB

New recruit here! For fun, I wanted to show off my bargain hunt WITB that I have accumulated over the years. Some of these are my gamers, but most have been upgraded (although I do like to take these our for a spin every so often).

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) with Harrison Mugen Black 70 X

Price: Free? I got the shaft from my coach, and the head from the backshop of my club as a giveaway since it was old and scratched up. Nothing a little paint job couldn't fix though! This is my current gamer.

3 Wood: Taylormade RBZ Tour Tour 3 (14.5) with Graphite Design YS7 70 X

Price: $50 CAD. I got this off a demo sale in mint shape. This one's interesting because the double Tour in the name is not a mistake! The clubhead has a stamped TOUR mark, and the loft is denoted Tour 3 (14.5). It has a smaller footprint than the regular RBZ Tour 3, with full face score lines (I think these were the tour issue ones used in testing). I flip flop between gaming this or the next 4 wood, depending on the height I want for the course.

4 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (16.5) with real deal Diamana Kai'li 70 S

Price: $35 USD. I got this from a second hand golf retailer. Although a bit dinged up, it's one of my best performing fairway woods I've ever owned, at a ridiculous price for the head shaft combo.

Irons: Mizuno MP-9 2-9 with Dynamic Gold S300

Price: $90 CAD. Another demo sale. Despite the price and age, every club was in pristine condition. One of my favourite irons for shotmaking, but the old style offset ultimately made me move on. I even bent them a full club weak (~ 4 deg) to increase bounce and reduce offset, but it was still quite noticeable.

Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged (52, 58) with Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Price: $40 CAD, but technically free with my gift certificates 😅. One of the best wedges I've used in terms of turf interaction, but alas, they got too worn to keep using.

Putter: Yes! Ann

Price: $80 CAD. The most expensive club in the set, but that's because I bought it brand new (it came with a stock IOmic grip too!). Still my gamer to this day (probably close to 8+ years). Super soft, and really good roll (I have mine bent to 0 loft for my stroke)

Total Price: $260 CAD for 13 clubs (choosing the RBZ). Throw in a sand wedge or hybrid and you've got a full set!

Curious to know what other steals you all have gotten!

16 minutes ago, pmak said:

New recruit here! For fun, I wanted to show off my bargain hunt WITB that I have accumulated over the years. Some of these are my gamers, but most have been upgraded (although I do like to take these our for a spin every so often).

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) with Harrison Mugen Black 70 X

Price: Free? I got the shaft from my coach, and the head from the backshop of my club as a giveaway since it was old and scratched up. Nothing a little paint job couldn't fix though! This is my current gamer.

3 Wood: Taylormade RBZ Tour Tour 3 (14.5) with Graphite Design YS7 70 X

Price: $50 CAD. I got this off a demo sale in mint shape. This one's interesting because the double Tour in the name is not a mistake! The clubhead has a stamped TOUR mark, and the loft is denoted Tour 3 (14.5). It has a smaller footprint than the regular RBZ Tour 3, with full face score lines (I think these were the tour issue ones used in testing). I flip flop between gaming this or the next 4 wood, depending on the height I want for the course.

4 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (16.5) with real deal Diamana Kai'li 70 S

Price: $35 USD. I got this from a second hand golf retailer. Although a bit dinged up, it's one of my best performing fairway woods I've ever owned, at a ridiculous price for the head shaft combo.

Irons: Mizuno MP-9 2-9 with Dynamic Gold S300

Price: $90 CAD. Another demo sale. Despite the price and age, every club was in pristine condition. One of my favourite irons for shotmaking, but the old style offset ultimately made me move on. I even bent them a full club weak (~ 4 deg) to increase bounce and reduce offset, but it was still quite noticeable.

Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged (52, 58) with Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Price: $40 CAD, but technically free with my gift certificates 😅. One of the best wedges I've used in terms of turf interaction, but alas, they got too worn to keep using.

Putter: Yes! Ann

Price: $80 CAD. The most expensive club in the set, but that's because I bought it brand new (it came with a stock IOmic grip too!). Still my gamer to this day (probably close to 8+ years). Super soft, and really good roll (I have mine bent to 0 loft for my stroke)

Total Price: $260 CAD for 13 clubs (choosing the RBZ). Throw in a sand wedge or hybrid and you've got a full set!

Curious to know what other steals you all have gotten!

Gotta love a good find, my Driver, 3w and 3hy are all the result of a charity raffle. I most likely wouldn't have purchased Adam's, but they've been a pleasant surprise and I havent found anything new that justifies laying down 500+ bucks just yet.

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap