Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club Champion Fittings

Is a Club Champion fitting worth it? A new one opened near me, and I need to d a fitting, but man are they expensive. I wanted to get some opinions before I dropped that kind of money on the fitting.

Also, it seems like they really push aftermarket shafts. Is that the case? Also, how hard do they push you to buy that day?

Thanks for your help!

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

Worth it is only something you can decide.   Generally when a club champion opens they offer half price fittings so you should look for that;  or you can wait until the end of year where they do half price.  I did a CC fitting a couple of years ago and was please with the value of the fitting.  

Yes,  they primarily push aftermarket shafts for woods and hybrids and their jobs is to sell clubs so they do try to get you to buy and will follow up with you after the fitting.  Clubs can be expensive since they just like you have to buy the entire club from the OEM so you pay retail for they club and then you pay for the shaft.   If price is a consideration,  explain your budget limitations.  No sense trying $300 shafts if you only want to spend $100.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Is a Club Champion fitting worth it? A new one opened near me, and I need to d a fitting, but man are they expensive. I wanted to get some opinions before I dropped that kind of money on the fitting.
Also, it seems like they really push aftermarket shafts. Is that the case? Also, how hard do they push you to buy that day?
Thanks for your help!

Wrote a comparison on the difference between CC and Golftec a few months back. I felt the fitting was better then not getting fitted. I was getting irons so all of the clubs I was being fitted for the shafts were available. They definitely wanted me to buy that day, I 100% felt that pressure but I said no way had to look at the numbers. Not sure where you live but I have a 2ndswing near me and they take the price of the fitting off the clubs if you buy via them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

4 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Wrote a comparison on the difference between CC and Golftec a few months back. I felt the fitting was better then not getting fitted. I was getting irons so all of the clubs I was being fitted for the shafts were available. They definitely wanted me to buy that day, I 100% felt that pressure but I said no way had to look at the numbers. Not sure where you live but I have a 2ndswing near me and they take the price of the fitting off the clubs if you buy via them.

Thanks for this information. I live in Upstate SC, and I do not have a 2nd swing near me. I went to a fitting at a local Golf Galaxy a few years ago, and was less than impressed. They literally had a high school kid in there, and I knew more about the numbers than he did. That experience really made me question paying a ton of money for fittings. Luckily I have had a good fitting before, or I doubt I would even be thinking about it again.

C863FD6F-A6FF-4575-AE0B-D47F55C55EE2.jpeg

If there is a true spec go there over club champion. Like another poster said, if you’re going to club champion with a budget let them know as they’re going to push premium shafts that aren’t standard issue with whatever oem club you get. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Haha yup I had a similar experience I went to a DSG and had an awful experience.
Biggest draw bias launch monitor I have ever seen. I literally was swinging to hit a ripping slice and the launch monitor still drew it up as a draw haha. I think with your location that going with@cnosil advice is spot on. Tell them your budget up front and they will work with you. What club or clubs are you looking to get?

Just got a fitting at CC on Tuesday and had an excellent experience. This was my first ever fitting so I wasn’t 100% sure what to expect going in. The fitter was great at explaining the process and asked about budget before we started. I shot a few with my current 6 iron (after getting warmed up) and then started with a few shafts until I found one that I really liked. These were upgraded shafts but the one that I went with was only $20 more per shaft through Titleist. I then tried a few different heads (both on his recommendation and ones that I wanted to try). Ended up loving the T300’s. Called a few days later to order them. If I would have ordered same day the fitting would have been free but I always take way too long to make decisions. Luckily since the shafts were available from Titleist as an upgrade, they were able to order them from Titleist and I only had to pay the $20 per shaft upgrade charge and not the full cost of the shafts ($75 I believe, shaft cost plus CC to cut and tip) to have CC build the clubs in house. Although this will be a longer lead time.