TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Single Length 56 or 60 Degree Wedge

I tried single length when I was looking for new clubs and one of the reasons I did not buy was the wedges. If I had bought them I would have continued to use my Cleveland wedges 46, 50, 54, 58, because I found that I had much better distance control.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I’ve got the cobra 56/60 to complete the set. It took a little getting used to, I’ll admit. Especially a bunker shot.

But I’m not going back...

I really like them for chipping. And I’ve never hit any of my shots terribly high and these two really get up there. For me that was a plus.

My downside - I was playing a 54, 58 Vokey before so I’ve had to learn adjust my stock distance expectations.

I switched to one length last summer and it took a few weeks of play and practice - especially w the wedges - to adjust. But like I said - no going back for me.

I like the look - all black so cuts glare.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Also - I was never inclined to take a full swing with my Vokeys. Most was a three quarters shot. Now I’m comfortable taking a full swing with the longer shafts. Ball goes higher and lands softer. Lose some spin that way, if you can spin them back to begin with. But for me the higher launch and softer land has been a plus.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

Well I was coming up short w the same 3/4 swing - but I’d gone from a 54 to a 56; and a58 to a 60 so that should be expected. I just had to get my brain straight.

So now I take a full swing, full back, full follow through - and I’m back to my numbers pretty much. Like I said, they do go higher. But for me that’s a plus.

Like any club it’s about spending time to figure out what you get w a full, 3/4, or 1/2.

But my most improved stat this spring has been my chipping - or what Arccos calls chipping - around the green.

I have been wondering this as well. The King MIM OL drops June 12th. I currently have Cleveland wedges, but I run the King Forged OL set for my irons. I love them and have been considering switching, but I absolutely love my wedges right now. I really want to OL my current wedges. Swing weight matches, but I don’t know how I would make it work. I’ll probably end up buying the cobras. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.5

3 Wood: Cobra F9 Tour 13.5

3Hybrid: Cobra F9

4i-PW: Cobra King Forged One Length

52/56/60: Cleveland CBX

Putter: Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

I have converted to the Cobra speedzone one length after a long absence from golf . I love them and also not going back . But do have a mixed bag of wedges . I do have the one length black 56. Agree that it does hit them higher and softer on the full shot . Right or wrong I do find myself choking down on it depending on the yardage I need . The place I can’t use it is the sand . Gave up got the sure out 2 .

I definitely gained (unwanted) distance with the one length wedges, and eventually stopped my one length set at 50* gap because I had better feel with my standard length wedges.

I still play one length in irons and have 12 clubs in the bag. From time to time I put a Cobra one length 60 in the bag on tree lined courses where an errant driver will force you to go over (or through) trees to get back to the fairway. It’s AMAZING how HIGH you can hit a one length 56 or 60 if you treat it exactly like an iron and hit down with a full swing. I have a low 90mph 7 iron club head speed and if I stand on one that one length 60 is an absolute mortar launcher.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler