Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Who plays one brand throughout their whole bag? Is it brand loyalty or dedication to the best product?

I play an almost one brand bag. Everything is Cobra, thank you again MGS #CCC3, except driver and putter. Never could get along with the F9 driver. Game a Srixon Z785 and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

I had everything Taylormade except for 3 Wood and Wedges. They just worked for me, not brand loyalty. The only thing Taylormade that I have now is my P790 UDI

Driver: image.jpeg.34eaee8382f091fe0a3c22d07a128f3d.jpeg TS2 10.5* A-1 Tensai AV 55 Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.e516c276ea3badda924b599efc74dc44.jpeg Epic BB Sub Zero Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff

Driving Iron: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 UDI Project X, Hzrdus 85g

Irons: image.jpeg.b7214da2fa3cda117f55d5a1eca9bfdc.jpeg 0211 4-PW Elevate 95 Stiff

Wedges: image.jpeg.eefc27879a3aeb4584a2da0c9fc3cc61.jpeg RTX 4. 50, 56, 60 degrees

Putter: image.jpeg.5f24b023b8db3d017291f4cd9e670f90.jpeg Huntington Beach 11 

Ball: image.jpeg.4ebe90b87a3ca1ef4804bec7677e8df7.jpeg  Chrome Soft Truvis

I play with what feels comfortable to me and gives me the best results. Right now, I'm locked in with my current setup. 

Driver- Cobra Speedzone 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.bf0039c0fa211a003217e70e184035fa.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg  

Utility- Titleist 718 T-MB 4 Utility  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Irons- Sub70 649 MB Tour 5-PW, 699 Pro 2U  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Cleveland Zipcore RTX 52°,56°, 60°  default_cleveland-small.jpg.0615c53919b7f92c3524630e353b33bb.jpg

Putter- Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 default_cameron-small.gif.dd99234f0267bb38c40c23053034a445.gif

Ball- Titleist ProV1x default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg  

Titleist throughout the bag. At first it was brand recognition, then just for consistency and familiarity, even while being professionally fitted. Then during my last full bag fitting I entered the experience with a different mind. The major brands had all made such significant strides in equipment I felt if I married myself to one brand I would be selling myself short in my game potential. So I instructed the fitter to NOT tell me anything about the clubs he would put in my hand until he reached a tipping point of selection for each group of clubs. (woods, hybrids/long irons, irons, and wedges). 

So at the end of it all I still ended with a full bag of Titleist clubs, with the exception of a Tour Edge hybrid 3 iron. So for me now I suspect you would say it is dedication to the best product for me.

PS: Caveat to this is that I actually did have one set of irons that performed better during the fitting, Epon forged blades, but they were outside my budgetary constraints.

:titelist-small: 917D3 10.5deg PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 917F2 15deg  PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 818H1 22deg Mitsubishi Tensei X 105gram shaft

:titelist-small: 714 AP2 4-W KBS Tour-V X 130 gram shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 56-14 SM5 F-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 60-11 SM5 K-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Scotty Cameron Putters Circa 62 No-2 Putter

:titelist-small: PROV1x

See the source image

1 hour ago, Guymconners said:

Titleist throughout the bag. At first it was brand recognition, then just for consistency and familiarity, even while being professionally fitted. Then during my last full bag fitting I entered the experience with a different mind. The major brands had all made such significant strides in equipment I felt if I married myself to one brand I would be selling myself short in my game potential. So I instructed the fitter to NOT tell me anything about the clubs he would put in my hand until he reached a tipping point of selection for each group of clubs. (woods, hybrids/long irons, irons, and wedges). 

So at the end of it all I still ended with a full bag of Titleist clubs, with the exception of a Tour Edge hybrid 3 iron. So for me now I suspect you would say it is dedication to the best product for me.

PS: Caveat to this is that I actually did have one set of irons that performed better during the fitting, Epon forged blades, but they were outside my budgetary constraints.

When I see people say something like this and use the phrase, "the best product for me", I often wonder if they look at it through the lens of whatever their brand of choice is.  I know that Im guility of this too.  I was a Mizuno fanboy for years and I always tried to find something from Mizuno that worked for me before I forgot about brand and just played whatever I liked.  I will admit that Im still guility of gravitation towards Japanese brands and if I built a bag today and money was no object, Id probably be trying to decide between Mizuno and Srixon/Cleveland.

Not calling you out or anything, I just find it interesting when I see someone use the words, "best product FOR ME."

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Had 13 clubs in my bag from PXG to start the year (all but the putter) and now I have two Callaway clubs in the bag. Was not a fan of the PXG Gen 2 3 wood at my fitting and once I got it in the feeling stayed so I went back to my Rogue Sub Zero and also put my Rogue Sub Zero 5 wood back in the bag. Not sure it was done as a plan but it was not much more to do the full bag fitting and get 14 clubs as opposed to just getting irons and wedges which was what I really wanted. Figure I can always sell clubs that I don’t want or use and get some of the cash back. The only time that I have played a full bag from one OEM was my Titleist gear and it was not brand loyalty, the stuff just worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I'll play whatever works for me and fits my budget, for the most part. Doesn't really matter much, to be honest.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have never been too fussed about it, really! That my current clubs are very loyal to Cobra comes from the decision to go for One Length clubs, and while there are other brands who makes single length clubs, the choice wasn't difficult. Before I had an older Cobra driver and spoon, Callaway irons, Cobra wedges and a Taylor Made (Nubbins 🤩) putter.

I haven't received all the stuff I've written that I have, but I have paid for it! 👀 I'm still missing the 4 iron and the bag (it's currently a grey/orange Cobra Ultralight), but I'm changing due to the addition of JumboMax XL grips. From what I read it's not a perfect fit, but it should be better than my current bag, where I feel like I struggle at times even with standard grips.

I've ordered stuff from eBay, and the delivery times (to Sweden) are no joke sometimes. I'm happy if my gear is ready mid-July... 🥺

Anyway, I like use the same brand if I can, but it's not more important than performance. BUT the feeling when a brand that one does not really like (for some reason) performs best... 😰

Bag: image.jpeg Speedzone Stand Bag
Driver: image.jpeg.c52f94b683d0b1557505d398dd3fb0c8.jpeg King LTDx 9° Tensei O
3 W: image.jpeg.f1cc9ab9f2a93654030625fdc8de13f2.jpeg King LTDx 15,5° Tensei O
3 H: image.jpeg.c012bb247a39b5f1742b686c3dd39b70.jpeg King Speedzone One Length 19° Stiff
Irons: image.jpeg.dbcc24448d6993f44500423fe631d206.jpeg King Forged One Length KBS 120 4-GW
Wedges: image.jpeg.853c0ec9efa5edfda308b6857d6dd0dd.jpeg Snakebite One Length 56 & 60
Putter: image.jpeg.853c0ec9efa5edfda308b6857d6dd0dd.jpeg Grandsport 35 armlock
Ball: :titelist-small: Tour Soft (Yellow)

image.png.472eab421d79c993512439768ed53787.pngAll clubs (except putter) use JumboMax Ultralite XL

Actually the guys on here that have known me through the years will think I finally cracked up. The Monday before my accident I actually played a vintage round with all Macgregor stuff including the green and white tartan Staff bag. Had the 57 Velocitized Woods 62 FC -4000 irons and a Mac Toney Penna SW even had a Iron Master putter. I just remembered that reading on here. Most of my vintage rounds I have the brands of woods and vintages all mixed up. Actually did not do too bad in mixing up because if I had wanted to I could have played the 62 keyhole woods and would have been proper through out the bag. Really I am only a fan boy of Macgregor stuff but do have a set of MP-68s I hit as good as the Macs

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Two years ago I played an all Titleist bag, combo AP1/AP2, 816 hybrids, 917 FW, SM6 wedges and Scotty and ProV ball.  

Last year on a challenge I played an all PING bag.  G410 Driver, FW, Hybrid, irons and Glide wedges and Tyne putter.  Still a ProV ball. 

I lowered my handicap by 4 strokes.  But I feel it was due to adding a 7w as my 175 club as opposed to a 4 hybrid.   Also moved up a set of tees due league play.  So that helped. 

In my mind I gave up a lot in my iron play and wedges. .  So I've gone back to Titleist irons,  wedges and Driver.  Still have the PING FW and putter.  Although Ive got a Titleist FW on order. 

So I'm trending back to all Titleist.  

Does that totally confuse the issue 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've always liked the :titelist-small: brand as you can tell by my current signature...but I'm getting ready to turn into a Cobragolf.com

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4  #MGSCOBRA2020                                                                                     image.png.7ad1a2b6b64f57b7a6cf909b40bb1320.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Not so much one brand for the whole bag, but I usually play same wood brand, same wedge brand, and iron set.

hybrids, and putter can be anything at any time lol.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I did in 2018, when I was in the Cobra Challenge 2.

Gamed Cobra King F8 Driver/3W/5W/3H/5H/6-PW/GW/SW/LW

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Nope. I use what feels best. Currently only have Callaway and Cleveland Wedges but looking for new driver and are going to try Ping, Titleist, Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno and Callaway.

Always loved the feel and balance on Cleveland RTX Blade Wedges.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I like to match with most things. It’s hard for me to wear under armour shirts and Nike shoes! So I tried to stay callaway throughout my bag! In September of last year I won a Scotty at a fundraiser/captains choice tournament!  So besides the flat stick, I have an entire Rouge set! Dr, 3w, 3-pw! Mack daddy wedges, and a Diablo A wedge. 

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

So I currently play nearly a complete Titleist bag. The only current exception is my Evnroll ER2 Putter. With that said, let me make a few remarks for the sake of full disclosures.

1) I currently am employed as an assistant golf professional and the facility has made the decision to partner with Titleist to be a Titleist Facility. This extends to the point where all equipment in the shops are Titleist with the exception of some lower priced putters and pinnacle golf balls. All adult rental sets are also Titleist except for the putter.

2) Even though I work at a facility partnered with Titleist, I do not have a staff deal with any club manufacturer and I have full control over what goes into my golf bag. In lieu of a staff deal my, my employer offers to purchase a certain dollar amount of current cycle Titleist product in line with each product cycle (ie. Last year I had access to TS Woods and this year was irons). The "catch" is that any product they purchase for me is technically considered facility rental stock and just checked out to me. This means that I can still order to the specs I desire but I don't get to necessarily keep the club(s) if I move on to a different golf course. Also this means only stock looks, no custom stamping or 3rd party finishes. 

3) I have always had the right to bag whatever piece of equipment I want to. If it is a none Titleist product I will just have to do it without that financial backing from my employer. If it is a Titleist product that I wish to have custom stamped, refinished away from the stock look, or if my employer have already paid the allotted dollar amount for that year, I am responsible for the purchase of that club. They same in theory goes for if I leave the facility and take another job.

With all of that being said, I am entirely confident that I am playing the correct and best possible equipment for my game from 3 wood all the way down to putter. My driver if the only club in my bag where I think there is a possibility for some improvement. Just because I say that does not mean it would be very easily displaced. Over the past year with the club I have been consistently longer than any driver I have previously hit and have uncorked multiple new career longest drives (Current longest drive is 385 yards).

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I was full Callaway even had the A-15 bag tag.  But recently after having my battles with bad Chrome Softs I’ve started becoming more agnostic with my clubs.  Now... Cobra Speedback Driver, Ping G 3w (ol blue) Mizuno CLK Hybrid, Apex CF16 irons, MD4 wedges, Scotty Futura 5.5m and Pro V1.  My game has improved tremendously.  

Cobra Speedback Tensei CK Blue

Callaway Epic Flash 7w UST Chrome

Callaway Big Bertha 5h UST Recoil

Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW KBS Tour

Callaway MD4 56, 60 

Callaway PM Grind 64

Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

Pro V1

My whole bag currently is PXG minus my Scotty Cameron Copper Teryllium Putter I’ll probably never change.  But my driver will occasionally change to a Callaway Epic Sub, the PXG is more accurate but the Callaway goes a little further.  

On 6/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, DPattGolf said:

So I currently play nearly a complete Titleist bag. The only current exception is my Evnroll ER2 Putter. With that said, let me make a few remarks for the sake of full disclosures.

1) I currently am employed as an assistant golf professional and the facility has made the decision to partner with Titleist to be a Titleist Facility. This extends to the point where all equipment in the shops are Titleist with the exception of some lower priced putters and pinnacle golf balls. All adult rental sets are also Titleist except for the putter.

2) Even though I work at a facility partnered with Titleist, I do not have a staff deal with any club manufacturer and I have full control over what goes into my golf bag. In lieu of a staff deal my, my employer offers to purchase a certain dollar amount of current cycle Titleist product in line with each product cycle (ie. Last year I had access to TS Woods and this year was irons). The "catch" is that any product they purchase for me is technically considered facility rental stock and just checked out to me. This means that I can still order to the specs I desire but I don't get to necessarily keep the club(s) if I move on to a different golf course. Also this means only stock looks, no custom stamping or 3rd party finishes. 

3) I have always had the right to bag whatever piece of equipment I want to. If it is a none Titleist product I will just have to do it without that financial backing from my employer. If it is a Titleist product that I wish to have custom stamped, refinished away from the stock look, or if my employer have already paid the allotted dollar amount for that year, I am responsible for the purchase of that club. They same in theory goes for if I leave the facility and take another job.

With all of that being said, I am entirely confident that I am playing the correct and best possible equipment for my game from 3 wood all the way down to putter. My driver if the only club in my bag where I think there is a possibility for some improvement. Just because I say that does not mean it would be very easily displaced. Over the past year with the club I have been consistently longer than any driver I have previously hit and have uncorked multiple new career longest drives (Current longest drive is 385 yards).

I feel the same way, my driver is the one spot I might swap.  My PXG driver is very accurate but averages 10-15 yards less then my Callaway.  Which on some course I could use the length since I’m in my 40’s now and my driving average has dropped to 275-280, with the occasional 300 yard drive.  While with the Callaway I can have many more 290 drives or even 300 plus yard drives but I hit many less fairways.  Always searching for the perfect weapon.  For me it’s my Scotty Cameron Teryllium.

I've always had a well mixed bag. Think I have 6 brands right now. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Funny, I just read this, and I had just posted something similar yesterday, basically asking the same question, Does having the same brand in your bag matter anymore? 

The answer has been so far an overwhelming no, almost everyone has a mix bag and the ones that have the one brand are a small percentage now.

I agree with everyone so far, in my question and yours , you put in your bag what best works for you.

Glad to see am not the only one had that question. 😆

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

On 6/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, Pkc said:

My whole bag currently is PXG minus my Scotty Cameron Copper Teryllium Putter I’ll probably never change.  But my driver will occasionally change to a Callaway Epic Sub, the PXG is more accurate but the Callaway goes a little further.  

I got paired with the mother of all mixed bags the other day.  Dude had PXG irons, a GX7 driver and Square Strike wedge straight out of the Golf Channel infomercials, and a Scotty Cameron putter.  Now THAT is a mixed bag.

And the Square Strike did not help his short game, if you're wondering...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

12 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And the Square Strike did not help his short game, if you're wondering...

that was going to be my first question 🤣

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

7 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

that was going to be my first question 🤣

If you hit the big ball before the little ball I don't care what club you chip with...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 5/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, Bgreen44 said:

I love my Hoofer!

Same!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M4+

3 Wood: :titelist-small:TSi2 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

3 Hybrid: :ping-small: G425 19* w/ Alta CB 70

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB (4-6) / MMC (7-PW) w/ DG X100

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 54 S-grind / 58 M-grind w/ DG S300

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Rx V-line Fang 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 

To me, based off clubs I tried, I would learn towards Taylormade for everything. Had the RSi 1 irons for about 5-6ish years now, even though they’re regular KBS shafts, I love them. Just upgraded my driver from Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 with regular Fujikara shaft, to a Taylormade SIM with a HAZDOUS smoke stiff shaft. The SIM is such a fantastic driver with the new technology put into it. Really only used it 5-6 times so far, but getting a better feel and hitting some solid bombs. But, my 3 wood is Callaway XR with regular shaft (desperately need a stiff), 3H Titleist 915, 58 degree TM TP wedge, 60 degree PING Glide wedge, and putter a Nike Method Concept 01 putter. Personally, I’ll keep the putter for quite some time as I love it. 3 wood needs a new shaft, or replaced. 3H is most iffy club in the bag. I don’t think relying on 1 brand is necessarily a bad thing though. It’s whatever you think is best for you, and what feels best. When it comes to drivers, I’ve never been a fan of Callaways. Taylormade for a while and finally pulled trigger with the SIM

Hit Bombs.

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Driver: 9 degree loft with Fujikara Ventus Black 6X

:srixon-small: FZ85 3 wood: 15 degree with Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5

:ping-small: i500 irons;  3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X

:taylormade-small: MG2 50, 54 degree with KBS HI-REV 120g shaft

:taylormade-small: TP R series 58 degree with KBS Tour 115g. Shaft

:taylormade-small: Truss TB1 putter 34.5”

:taylormade-small: TP5 golf ball

On 5/30/2020 at 12:31 PM, beelzeberto said:

I've slowly gravitated to TM but by complete accident. I started with the 2 rescue, then the 3W M2, then went for the MG wedges because I wanted a switch from the Vokeys I've played. Added the M5 driver on a good deal from a Callaway driver trade in program, then went to the P790's.

I've kind of done the same thing.  I had F9 one length irons and traded them for M5s.  I've had the Gapr mid 3 and milled grind wedges for a while now after being fitted for them.  I cracked my Ping driver and tried divers at the PGA super store.  I had similar numbers with everything I tried and the M6 had just taken a price drop, I bought an M6 used for 120 online because the guy selling it couldn't hit the 14 degree.  The only thing keeping my bag from being full TM is my Bettinardi Armlock.  If that's giving me fits, I'll throw in a spider mini that I bought on Facebook marketplace.

I went for an open minded fitting for my current set 3 years ago.  Expected a bit of a mix, but finished up with Cobra F7 throughout as they just worked best.  The only ones I didn't change was my existing 60 degree wedge (an old Progen) and putter (Odyssey at the time, but got fitted into a SeeMore a year later)