Who plays one brand throughout their whole bag? Is it brand loyalty or dedication to the best product?

Our Sponsors

Two years ago I played an all Titleist bag, combo AP1/AP2, 816 hybrids, 917 FW, SM6 wedges and Scotty and ProV ball.  

Last year on a challenge I played an all PING bag.  G410 Driver, FW, Hybrid, irons and Glide wedges and Tyne putter.  Still a ProV ball. 

I lowered my handicap by 4 strokes.  But I feel it was due to adding a 7w as my 175 club as opposed to a 4 hybrid.   Also moved up a set of tees due league play.  So that helped. 

In my mind I gave up a lot in my iron play and wedges. .  So I've gone back to Titleist irons,  wedges and Driver.  Still have the PING FW and putter.  Although Ive got a Titleist FW on order. 

So I'm trending back to all Titleist.  

Does that totally confuse the issue 😎

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two years ago I played an all Titleist bag, combo AP1/AP2, 816 hybrids, 917 FW, SM6 wedges and Scotty and ProV ball.     Last year on a challenge I played an all PING bag.  G410 Driver, FW, Hyb

Interesting question. Important to remember that Golf is about style and statement as well! @FrogginBullfish @Nic @Bgreen44   When assembling my current set of clubs, I started out with Titl

I had a full Taylormade bag at one point. Working towards a full PING bag, just need to replace the driver, FW, and Hybrid. And of course a sweet PING Tour Hoofer bag. I believe it is some brand lo

Posted Images

I've always liked the :titelist-small: brand as you can tell by my current signature...but I'm getting ready to turn into a Cobragolf.com

#COBRACONNECT Challenge 4  #MGSCOBRA2020                                                                                     image.png.7ad1a2b6b64f57b7a6cf909b40bb1320.png

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not so much one brand for the whole bag, but I usually play same wood brand, same wedge brand, and iron set.

hybrids, and putter can be anything at any time lol.

:cobra-small: Driver F9    
:cobra-small: 3 wood                

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 6i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50* 54* 56*                                                     

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 Chalk

:taylormade-small: TP5 

I did in 2018, when I was in the Cobra Challenge 2.

Gamed Cobra King F8 Driver/3W/5W/3H/5H/6-PW/GW/SW/LW

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Nope. I use what feels best. Currently only have Callaway and Cleveland Wedges but looking for new driver and are going to try Ping, Titleist, Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno and Callaway.

Always loved the feel and balance on Cleveland RTX Blade Wedges.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - for when it is wet

La Jolla Putter with Flat Car Grip.

Preferred ball - Currently Costco Kirkland Performance 3 Piece but Seed 001 is preferred.

I like to match with most things. It’s hard for me to wear under armour shirts and Nike shoes! So I tried to stay callaway throughout my bag! In September of last year I won a Scotty at a fundraiser/captains choice tournament!  So besides the flat stick, I have an entire Rouge set! Dr, 3w, 3-pw! Mack daddy wedges, and a Diablo A wedge. 

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

So I currently play nearly a complete Titleist bag. The only current exception is my Evnroll ER2 Putter. With that said, let me make a few remarks for the sake of full disclosures.

1) I currently am employed as an assistant golf professional and the facility has made the decision to partner with Titleist to be a Titleist Facility. This extends to the point where all equipment in the shops are Titleist with the exception of some lower priced putters and pinnacle golf balls. All adult rental sets are also Titleist except for the putter.

2) Even though I work at a facility partnered with Titleist, I do not have a staff deal with any club manufacturer and I have full control over what goes into my golf bag. In lieu of a staff deal my, my employer offers to purchase a certain dollar amount of current cycle Titleist product in line with each product cycle (ie. Last year I had access to TS Woods and this year was irons). The "catch" is that any product they purchase for me is technically considered facility rental stock and just checked out to me. This means that I can still order to the specs I desire but I don't get to necessarily keep the club(s) if I move on to a different golf course. Also this means only stock looks, no custom stamping or 3rd party finishes. 

3) I have always had the right to bag whatever piece of equipment I want to. If it is a none Titleist product I will just have to do it without that financial backing from my employer. If it is a Titleist product that I wish to have custom stamped, refinished away from the stock look, or if my employer have already paid the allotted dollar amount for that year, I am responsible for the purchase of that club. They same in theory goes for if I leave the facility and take another job.

With all of that being said, I am entirely confident that I am playing the correct and best possible equipment for my game from 3 wood all the way down to putter. My driver if the only club in my bag where I think there is a possibility for some improvement. Just because I say that does not mean it would be very easily displaced. Over the past year with the club I have been consistently longer than any driver I have previously hit and have uncorked multiple new career longest drives (Current longest drive is 385 yards).

• Like 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I was full Callaway even had the A-15 bag tag.  But recently after having my battles with bad Chrome Softs I’ve started becoming more agnostic with my clubs.  Now... Cobra Speedback Driver, Ping G 3w (ol blue) Mizuno CLK Hybrid, Apex CF16 irons, MD4 wedges, Scotty Futura 5.5m and Pro V1.  My game has improved tremendously.  

Cobra Speedback Tensei CK Blue

Callaway Epic Flash 7w UST Chrome

Callaway Big Bertha 5h UST Recoil

Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW KBS Tour

Callaway MD4 56, 60 

Callaway PM Grind 64

Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

Pro V1

My whole bag currently is PXG minus my Scotty Cameron Copper Teryllium Putter I’ll probably never change.  But my driver will occasionally change to a Callaway Epic Sub, the PXG is more accurate but the Callaway goes a little further.  

On 6/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, DPattGolf said:

So I currently play nearly a complete Titleist bag. The only current exception is my Evnroll ER2 Putter. With that said, let me make a few remarks for the sake of full disclosures.

1) I currently am employed as an assistant golf professional and the facility has made the decision to partner with Titleist to be a Titleist Facility. This extends to the point where all equipment in the shops are Titleist with the exception of some lower priced putters and pinnacle golf balls. All adult rental sets are also Titleist except for the putter.

2) Even though I work at a facility partnered with Titleist, I do not have a staff deal with any club manufacturer and I have full control over what goes into my golf bag. In lieu of a staff deal my, my employer offers to purchase a certain dollar amount of current cycle Titleist product in line with each product cycle (ie. Last year I had access to TS Woods and this year was irons). The "catch" is that any product they purchase for me is technically considered facility rental stock and just checked out to me. This means that I can still order to the specs I desire but I don't get to necessarily keep the club(s) if I move on to a different golf course. Also this means only stock looks, no custom stamping or 3rd party finishes. 

3) I have always had the right to bag whatever piece of equipment I want to. If it is a none Titleist product I will just have to do it without that financial backing from my employer. If it is a Titleist product that I wish to have custom stamped, refinished away from the stock look, or if my employer have already paid the allotted dollar amount for that year, I am responsible for the purchase of that club. They same in theory goes for if I leave the facility and take another job.

With all of that being said, I am entirely confident that I am playing the correct and best possible equipment for my game from 3 wood all the way down to putter. My driver if the only club in my bag where I think there is a possibility for some improvement. Just because I say that does not mean it would be very easily displaced. Over the past year with the club I have been consistently longer than any driver I have previously hit and have uncorked multiple new career longest drives (Current longest drive is 385 yards).

I feel the same way, my driver is the one spot I might swap.  My PXG driver is very accurate but averages 10-15 yards less then my Callaway.  Which on some course I could use the length since I’m in my 40’s now and my driving average has dropped to 275-280, with the occasional 300 yard drive.  While with the Callaway I can have many more 290 drives or even 300 plus yard drives but I hit many less fairways.  Always searching for the perfect weapon.  For me it’s my Scotty Cameron Teryllium.

• Like 1

I've always had a well mixed bag. Think I have 6 brands right now. 

• Like 1

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

Funny, I just read this, and I had just posted something similar yesterday, basically asking the same question, Does having the same brand in your bag matter anymore? 

The answer has been so far an overwhelming no, almost everyone has a mix bag and the ones that have the one brand are a small percentage now.

I agree with everyone so far, in my question and yours , you put in your bag what best works for you.

Glad to see am not the only one had that question. 😆

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 6/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, Pkc said:

My whole bag currently is PXG minus my Scotty Cameron Copper Teryllium Putter I’ll probably never change.  But my driver will occasionally change to a Callaway Epic Sub, the PXG is more accurate but the Callaway goes a little further.  

I got paired with the mother of all mixed bags the other day.  Dude had PXG irons, a GX7 driver and Square Strike wedge straight out of the Golf Channel infomercials, and a Scotty Cameron putter.  Now THAT is a mixed bag.

And the Square Strike did not help his short game, if you're wondering...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

12 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And the Square Strike did not help his short game, if you're wondering...

that was going to be my first question 🤣

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

7 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

that was going to be my first question 🤣

If you hit the big ball before the little ball I don't care what club you chip with...

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

On 5/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, Bgreen44 said:

I love my Hoofer!

Same!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9.5* (set to 8.75*) w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M4+

3 Wood: :titelist-small:TS2 15* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 80 

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 915H 18* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White HY 90 

Irons: :mizuno-small: HMB (4–6) / MMC (7–PW) combo set w/ True Temper DG X100

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 54 S-grind / 58 M-grind w/ DG S300

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura 5w

Ball: 1258905727_vicegolflogo.png.aa98311b5065658a12dee5e7f32356df.pngPro  

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 

To me, based off clubs I tried, I would learn towards Taylormade for everything. Had the RSi 1 irons for about 5-6ish years now, even though they’re regular KBS shafts, I love them. Just upgraded my driver from Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 with regular Fujikara shaft, to a Taylormade SIM with a HAZDOUS smoke stiff shaft. The SIM is such a fantastic driver with the new technology put into it. Really only used it 5-6 times so far, but getting a better feel and hitting some solid bombs. But, my 3 wood is Callaway XR with regular shaft (desperately need a stiff), 3H Titleist 915, 58 degree TM TP wedge, 60 degree PING Glide wedge, and putter a Nike Method Concept 01 putter. Personally, I’ll keep the putter for quite some time as I love it. 3 wood needs a new shaft, or replaced. 3H is most iffy club in the bag. I don’t think relying on 1 brand is necessarily a bad thing though. It’s whatever you think is best for you, and what feels best. When it comes to drivers, I’ve never been a fan of Callaways. Taylormade for a while and finally pulled trigger with the SIM

Hit Bombs.

Taylormade SIM Driver: 9 degree loft with HZRDUS Smoke Green 65g 6.0 standard length

Srixon FZ85 3 wood: 15 degree with Hand Crafted HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5

Titleist 915H: 21 degree loft with Diamana R flex shaft

Taylormade RSi 1 irons 4-AW: R-flex with TT REAX 90g 

Taylormade MG2 54 degree with KBS 120g shaft

Taylormade TP R series 58 degree with KBS Tour 115g. Shaft

Nike Method Concept 01 Putter” 

On 5/30/2020 at 12:31 PM, beelzeberto said:

I've slowly gravitated to TM but by complete accident. I started with the 2 rescue, then the 3W M2, then went for the MG wedges because I wanted a switch from the Vokeys I've played. Added the M5 driver on a good deal from a Callaway driver trade in program, then went to the P790's.

I've kind of done the same thing.  I had F9 one length irons and traded them for M5s.  I've had the Gapr mid 3 and milled grind wedges for a while now after being fitted for them.  I cracked my Ping driver and tried divers at the PGA super store.  I had similar numbers with everything I tried and the M6 had just taken a price drop, I bought an M6 used for 120 online because the guy selling it couldn't hit the 14 degree.  The only thing keeping my bag from being full TM is my Bettinardi Armlock.  If that's giving me fits, I'll throw in a spider mini that I bought on Facebook marketplace.

I went for an open minded fitting for my current set 3 years ago.  Expected a bit of a mix, but finished up with Cobra F7 throughout as they just worked best.  The only ones I didn't change was my existing 60 degree wedge (an old Progen) and putter (Odyssey at the time, but got fitted into a SeeMore a year later)