Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Who plays one brand throughout their whole bag? Is it brand loyalty or dedication to the best product?

On 6/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, Pkc said:

I’m in my 40’s now and my driving average has dropped to 275-280, with the occasional 300 yard drive.

LOL... try turning 60 and knowing you used to be able hit the ball that far. I'm down to 240 average, with a really good day being 250 +.The good part of that is my short game is getting better because it has to...lol Enjoy the length while you have it!

I teed that up for you older guys to chime in and tell me the same thing.😅

Edited by silver & black

Right now Hogan from D to 58 with an Odyssey Putter. I just like the classic look of Hogan products. Having different brands in the bag makes my type 1 personality go bonkers. 

Hogan GS Driver/3 wood

Hogan FT Worth 15 Irons

Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Odyssey Milled Putter

OnCore Elixir and Avant Balls

• 1 month later...

My bag is mixed with 5 brands. I used to believe it looked cool to have a bag full of one brand but over the last 5 or 6 years as I have been fit and become better I have realized that I’m picky about my clubs. Look, sound and feel are important to me, just as performance is. I love my Ping driver and the fairway performed well enough but I hated the look and sound of it so went with the new Cobra. Much better visual and sound appeal and performance is actually slightly better for me. I want the best combination of those things at every category in my bag and chances are pretty low that all comes from one brand. I guess I’m more concerned about my game than what the bag looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When I first started I was with Taylormade I just thought to have everything match. But after I started to try other clubs I just used what was working. I switched to One Lengths cobras irons and played TM putter and 3 hybrid, Ping Driver and 4 driving iron and wedges so mix bag but then I tried the F9 cobra Fairway wood and loved it so now I want to try the 3 hybrid to see if I get the same feeling .. so its like I am slowly going back to having things a majority one brand. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

My bag was all Callaway until I fired my 60 degree PM grind. Thanks to this website, I am starting to explore more brands and dig deeper. When I bought my clubs originally, I was looking to just get back into golf again at a decent price. Prior to refreshing my clubs I was using some brutal TM R7 clubs and a bridgestone putter 👎. Now that I have started playing a lot more frequently and my scores are coming in decently low I am now exploring club fitting. At that point I will be looking for only performance no matter the price point. 

Edited by DevilDog29
  • Driver-:titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W- :cobra-small:Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14*
  • 3H-:cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
  • 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56*-:taylormade-small: MG3
  • 60*-:vokey-small: SM8
  • Putter-:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"
  • Ball- ProV1X :titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS
  • Range Finder- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue
  • Spikes-:nike-small:,:footjoy-small:,:cobra-small:

I have to say, my bag is becoming a full Callaway bag, like many of you, not by design.  I will share my story I guess.  A few years ago, I was fit for an Epic Flash Sub Zero and I have loved that club now for two years and still continue to drive it pretty good.  I had Mizuno irons in the bag now for a while, but just recently hit and switched over to the Callaway Apex and Apex Pro's combo set...it was these clubs that finally knocked out my beloved Mizunos.  I have also had an OLD Callaway Apex hybrid that is probably 4-5 years old and I used it every now and then but not enough to justify spending money on a new one.  This summer I was in search of a 5 wood to put in the bag.  I wanted to try the Cobra, Mizuno and Srixon based on this sites recommendations, however Covid hit and I am not close to any golf shops so I went to my pro and asked him if he had any demo 5 woods sitting around the shop.  He replied no, but you can try my 5 wood, I am not going to play it...and if you like it you can have it cheap!  He is with Callaway so it was the Epic Flash 5 wood.  I hit that sucka straight and LONG!  Sold!  So now I only have a Titleist 3w and Vokey wedges left.  I am currently looking at new wedges since I have the SM6's and they are just worn out.  I need a 52 and a 56.  Well, our pro just put the Callaway Jaws wedges on sale and he has both 52 and 56 degree.  He carries Vokey but he doesn't have both lofts.  So out of impatience I am probably going to just but the Callaway wedges.  I don't necessarily want an all Callaway bag, but is sure is turning into one through no fault of my own.  haha

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

5 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I have to say, my bag is becoming a full Callaway bag, like many of you, not by design.  I will share my story I guess.  A few years ago, I was fit for an Epic Flash Sub Zero and I have loved that club now for two years and still continue to drive it pretty good.  I had Mizuno irons in the bag now for a while, but just recently hit and switched over to the Callaway Apex and Apex Pro's combo set...it was these clubs that finally knocked out my beloved Mizunos.  I have also had an OLD Callaway Apex hybrid that is probably 4-5 years old and I used it every now and then but not enough to justify spending money on a new one.  This summer I was in search of a 5 wood to put in the bag.  I wanted to try the Cobra, Mizuno and Srixon based on this sites recommendations, however Covid hit and I am not close to any golf shops so I went to my pro and asked him if he had any demo 5 woods sitting around the shop.  He replied no, but you can try my 5 wood, I am not going to play it...and if you like it you can have it cheap!  He is with Callaway so it was the Epic Flash 5 wood.  I hit that sucka straight and LONG!  Sold!  So now I only have a Titleist 3w and Vokey wedges left.  I am currently looking at new wedges since I have the SM6's and they are just worn out.  I need a 52 and a 56.  Well, our pro just put the Callaway Jaws wedges on sale and he has both 52 and 56 degree.  He carries Vokey but he doesn't have both lofts.  So out of impatience I am probably going to just but the Callaway wedges.  I don't necessarily want an all Callaway bag, but is sure is turning into one through no fault of my own.  haha

What is your reasoning from going from the 3H to a 5W? I currently game a 3H and I love it! Just curious what benefits your are experiencing. 

• Driver-:titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W- :cobra-small:Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14*
  • 3H-:cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
  • 5-A-:mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56*-:taylormade-small: MG3
  • 60*-:vokey-small: SM8
  • Putter-:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"
  • Ball- ProV1X :titelist-small: or :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS
  • Range Finder- Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags-:titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag or :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 in red, white, and blue
  • Spikes-:nike-small:,:footjoy-small:,:cobra-small:

8 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I just put the MD5 54 and 58 in my bag about 2 weeks ago.  My SM7 were getting worn out and I needed new wedges, and I had demoed these at a callaway dealer day earlier in the year.  So Ithought I'd give them a try.

They are very good, only have a couple rounds in and it's tough to give a full assessment, but a few of my short chip shots around the green have stopped too soon from too much spin, as my previous grooves were getting worn and I guess I didn't realize it.   Now SM8's most likely would have accomplished the same thing. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I just put the MD5 54 and 58 in my bag about 2 weeks ago.  My SM7 were getting worn out and I needed new wedges, and I had demoed these at a callaway dealer day earlier in the year.  So Ithought I'd give them a try.

They are very good, only have a couple rounds in and it's tough to give a full assessment, but a few of my short chip shots around the green have stopped too soon from too much spin, as my previous grooves were getting worn and I guess I didn't realize it.   Now SM8's most likely would have accomplished the same thing. 

Yeah, I didn't really realize my grooves were worn out either since I hit the ball pretty high, my wedges usually don't go far on the green, they just hit and stop.  But what I realized, again after reading on here when to get a new wedge, that I hit 50 plus balls with it on the range just to warm up.  I hit the range maybe one-two times a week, plus however many rounds I can play.  So yeah, this poor club is pretty beat up.  haha  Glad to hear that the MD5 is good...of course all the big companies make pretty good wedges now. 

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

I am somewhere in between brand loyalty and best product. I play TM driver, TM hybrids, but Callaway 4-wood and Callaway irons. I did get fitted for the irons and fitted for the driver, but I would say I limited the fitting to those 2 brands because of 150% trade in bonuses going on at the time. 

Someday I will get a completely brand agnostic fitting.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

24 minutes ago, DevilDog29 said:

What is your reasoning from going from the 3H to a 5W? I currently game a 3H and I love it! Just curious what benefits your are experiencing. 

I actually have both in my bag, my 5w is set to 17 degrees while my 3h is 20 degrees.  I play both, with my 3h being my 225-230 club.  My 5w I will hit off the tee or fairway.  I hit that maybe 240-255.  I DON"T hit the 3h off the tee, I tend to hook it a bit too much though.

7 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Yeah, I didn't really realize my grooves were worn out either since I hit the ball pretty high, my wedges usually don't go far on the green, they just hit and stop.  But what I realized, again after reading on here when to get a new wedge, that I hit 50 plus balls with it on the range just to warm up.  I hit the range maybe one-two times a week, plus however many rounds I can play.  So yeah, this poor club is pretty beat up.  haha  Glad to hear that the MD5 is good...of course all the big companies make pretty good wedges now. 

Yeah, I generally get a hop and stop anywhere from 5 to 30 yards out on my wedges, but had been missing that of late and just noticed how worn they were after cleaning them after a shot recently.   When I was at TPI last fall doing the wedge fitting that was so fun just to hit shot after shot from 50 and in and watch them perform. 

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I generally get a hop and stop anywhere from 5 to 30 yards out on my wedges, but had been missing that of late and just noticed how worn they were after cleaning them after a shot recently.   When I was at TPI last fall doing the wedge fitting that was so fun just to hit shot after shot from 50 and in and watch them perform. 

I’m looking forward to reading about your new bag setup with the driver, irons and wedges.

I noticed in the pics you put up yesterday you went to a PING putter also. Was it the Tyne by any chance? I only saw a mallet headcovers....

Best of luck with all of them, hit them long and straight...

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m looking forward to reading about your new bag setup with the driver, irons and wedges.

I noticed in the pics you put up yesterday you went to a PING putter also. Was it the Tyne by any chance? I only saw a mallet headcovers....

Best of luck with all of them, hit them long and straight...

Thanks.  I have some extensive/fun testing planned over the next month that I'll be sharing. 

The putter is in fact a Tyne 4.  It was fit by PING in their studio last year when I was there. 

It is really close between that and my SC 5.5 as to which I like best.  Force me to choose one and give away the others--the third being a Spider X--id most likely go with the PING.  At my fitting the fitter who works with a lot of the pros when they come through said was putting at a +2 level with it and was +1 with the SC.  So really either one works for me.  I do have the larger SS grip on the Tyne 4 and that is by far the more comfortable grip versus the stock pisterlo on the SC. 

I ended up with a full Titleist bag this year by complete accident.  I have always carried volkey wedges and my Cameron putter but usually the rest of the bag is a mix of Titleist, Cobra and Ping.  I am pretty sure this is going to be a one year thing.  Thinking the irons and driver are going to get switched out for next summer.  

:titelist-small: 917 D2 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g 6.5
:taylormade-small: M2 (2017) 3W 17.5 -  
:ping-small: G 4H 22 - 
:titelist-small: 735cm 3 - PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 115g ( R )
:vokey-small: SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
:cameron-small: California Coronado
:Snell: 
MTB-X
:Arccos:

It's really interesting to see so many different takes on this. I was full Snake Eyes by design in high school (home-build ftw) and then played for a college sponsored by Ping. Aesthetically, Ping has never been my favorite, but hey, free stuff! A few years after graduation, I decided to get a new driver and after trying every brand at Golf Galaxy the best fit was... a Ping. When I got fit for irons two years ago, it was again no contest: Ping. The guys fitting me for irons noted that my wedges needed replacing and gave me a wedge fitting for free. Lo-and-behold, a miracle! Mizuno won out! (Ok, so basically it was a toss-up and all the wedges performed similarly and it came down to feel/aesthetics. Whatevs.) In terms of pure performance, it wasn't until I went in for a driver fitting ~18 months ago that a non-Ping product was finally the best. The Epic Flash SZ was 11 yards longer with a 20% tighter dispersion than the nearest option, which was, of course, Ping. And then in June, the Mavrik 4-wood absolutely smoked my Ping 3-wood...

So I went from unintentionally having a full-bag of Ping (no Ping golf balls anymore, or I'm sure I would've played those, too) to just Ping irons and a Ping putter. And in a couple of weeks, the Ping irons will take a little vacation...

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I was playing all Cobra clubs for quite a while after winning the initial MGS Cobra Connect challenge and winning a full bag of F7 awesomeness...but they are slowly starting to get replaced

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 5/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, Nunfa0 said:

I have a full bag of Cobras thanks to Cobra Connect 3 but prior to that i never had a full bag of one manufacturer before. I have bought another set of irons for a little experiment but they are Cobras too so maybe some brand loyalty has been born...

I was full Cobra from the Cobra Connect 2 challenge but playing only 13 clubs (3 hybrid permanently banished, as it is a horrid hook machine in my hands).  I've picked up a couple Titleist hybrids cheap and used and rotate them in and out (one snap-hook and it's banished).  I have an old Mizuno Fli Hi 2i with a telephone pole of a shaft in it that I'm thinking of getting reshafted with something I can actually hit.  So that spot is in constant turnover.

As @greggarner alluded to above, the F8 4i - GW will soon be departing in favor of the Wilson D7 Forged.  Interestingly enough, the 54* and 58* wedges will still be the F8's (I love them, and the grooves are still in good shape).  I'll be interested to see the D7 GW compete against the F8 GW.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Never want to say I am a bran loyalist. However every time I've gotten fit I happen to end up with a Taylormade in my hand. Except for wedges. First club I was given was a Vokey wedge and I will forever play them. Plus it helps that they have tons of grind options.

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

55 minutes ago, TexasFullSend said:

Never want to say I am a bran loyalist. However every time I've gotten fit I happen to end up with a Taylormade in my hand. Except for wedges. First club I was given was a Vokey wedge and I will forever play them. Plus it helps that they have tons of grind options.

What did bran ever do to you that you would not be a loyalist? XP Not a Raisin Bran fan here either.

My bag from Driver through irons are Callaway. My first set of clubs was a Big Bertha driver and X-14 irons so for me it is probably something to do with loyalty. Wedges are Bombtech (budget wedges that for me do the job) and a Taylormade Spider (preferred mallet and is working well for me)

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 5/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, Bgreen44 said:

At one point in time my entire bag was Titleist and not by design. I’ve since switched up a few items and it got me thinking. Did I subconsciously do it out of loyalty while not being sponsored or was it because it was the the right set up for me. I  am coming to appreciate a more diverse set up. Thoughts? 

To be honest, I'm all Titleist right now, down to the plates of my car. 

No it was not by design, it was trial and error, I buy and get rid of plenty of used clubs, but I'm now really interested on getting fully fitted, regardless of the brand of the clubs. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I play a mixed bag which reflects a combination of what I liked the best when testing clubs and getting fit (Mizuno Irons, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Putter) and what I was able to get good value on (bought Cobra Driver and 3W during a Buy a Driver, Get a Wood Promo, my scotty was 60% off, and the Cobra hybrid was also a clearance rack special). 

As to the OPs original question, I think there are different types of people in each category:

- There are definitely people who play 1 brand of clubs because they are fan boys, or its what a certain player uses, and you can't convince them another brand makes a better product in any category.  I doubt these type of players make it onto the Mygolfspy site much less the forms. I think this is probably where people would get judged for playing one brand if they aren't getting sponsored.

- Then there are people who play 1 brand because they develop preferences about something in the clubs (looks, quality, feel, etc) that they might not be able to call out, the value proposition, or maybe they just take comfort that they only have to decide when to upgrade equipment and not obsess over small differences in 5+ companies products when buying new clubs. Nothing wrong with this or the next 2 examples.

- There are people who play a mixed bag because they are all about finding the best bang for the buck and its easier to find deep discounts if you're not beholden to 1 brand.

- Then there are people who play a mixed bag because they are obsessed with squeezing every last bit of performance out of their clubs. 

Probably missing one or two for each as well, but I think the point is brand loyalty is necessarily a negative for performance.

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

One Sip Version - Then: TaylorMade Now: Four brands in the bag

One Drink Version - I had mostly TaylorMade filled bag from my college years chasing some distance claims folks may remember from the last decade. Never had any real issues with them but after 6-10 years in the bag, I finally committed to getting fit and having an open mind brand wise. Like many cited on here, I like matching things. This fitter was completely agnostic in my opinion. No steering towards one brand or another. With the irons, the numbers told the story that my dispersion was tightest with Mizuno even if they weren’t the longest. With driver, similar story. Mavrik sub zero won out with performance but also a feeling that I couldn’t imagine compared to my previous gamer (SLDR). On the other hand, my lottery ticket eBay SLDR 3H was unable to be kicked out of the bag that day so in it stays. Putter remains a $4 garage sale fine Ping Pal. Cheers!

If I had to choose one brand - Ping and a Titleist ball. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg