What snacks do you bring on course?

Our Sponsors

Gatorade and water, maybe some almonds and sunflowers if I have not eaten pre round.

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miller Lite Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhhh... say again? Instructor: Attention class, raise your hand if you just searched the term Uncrustables DLK: sheepishly raises hand with several other classmates Instructor: Keep yo

Ahhh, I had two uncrustables on the course yesterday. Perfect snack!!!!! Yummmmmm! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted Images

Usually have a peanut butter sandwich and some kind of granola bar along with some water

WITB

Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow

Titleist 816 H1 21º & 25º w/ Diamana Blueboard

Irons (6-PW): Srixon 765 w/ Project X LZ

Wedges: 50º Ping Glide, 54º & 60º PXG 0311

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I typically take some granola bars. Other snacks that I have made into by bag are beef jerky, almonds, and various types of fruit. I've also been known to grab a Snickers bar from the pro shop or cart girl as well as a gatorade or something. If I'm really starved for more of a "meal" I'll get a hotdog or hamburger and some chips. Very rarely do I drink on the golf course, but it does occasionally happen - though no more than a beer or two. I ALWAYS make sure I have water which lately has required one or two 20oz insulated bottles and a much larger water carrier to replenish them with.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

On 5/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, PMookie said:

Clif bar brownie/chocolate chip, and two to three Uncrustables.

Uhhhh... say again?

Instructor: Attention class, raise your hand if you just searched the term Uncrustables

DLK: sheepishly raises hand with several other classmates

Instructor: Keep your hand raised if you would like to eat 2-3 Uncrustables on the regular

DLK: quickly lowers hand

@PMookie is one of my favorite Spies and I completely understand the allure of convenience, but if my options are slapping together a couple PB&J on the way out the door _or_ embracing this system...

940A50B3-C515-4E9A-824E-E4D07ED5BF42.jpeg.c0729a5dc931cea8148794873d52d003.jpeg

...a standard sammie is an easy decision.

It is somewhat concerning but also not entirely surprising that there is no instruction to “ENJOY”, but extra emphasis on “REPEAT”.

The tour review from @greggarner: “less than satisfying” - reinforces my theory that he is a very nice person.

@dlow206 expressing an immediate desire to experience this newly discovered food adjacent puck - reinforces my theory that the dude is the possibly the purest consumer in Seattle... which puts him high in the running for purest consumer worldwide.

Sometimes it’s unsettling to learn new things... for me this is one of those times.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Uhhhh... say again?
Instructor: Attention class, raise your hand if you just searched the term Uncrustables
DLK: sheepishly raises hand with several other classmates
Instructor: Keep your hand raised if you would like to eat 2-3 Uncrustables on the regular
DLK: quickly lowers hand
 [mention=2567]PMookie[/mention] is one of my favorite Spies and I completely understand the allure of convenience, but if my options are slapping together a couple PB&J on the way out the door _or_ embracing this system...
940A50B3-C515-4E9A-824E-E4D07ED5BF42.jpeg.c0729a5dc931cea8148794873d52d003.jpeg
...a standard sammie is an easy decision.
It is somewhat concerning but also not entirely surprising that there is no instruction to “ENJOY”, but extra emphasis on “REPEAT”.
The tour review from [mention=95484]greggarner[/mention]: “less than satisfying” - reiterates my theory that he is a very nice person.
 [mention=91232]dlow206[/mention] expressing an immediate desire to experience this newly discovered food adjacent puck - reiterates my theory that the dude is the possibly the purest consumer in Seattle... which puts him high in the running for purest consumer worldwide.
Sometimes it’s unsettling to learn new things... for me this is one of those times.

Ahhh, I had two uncrustables on the course yesterday. Perfect snack!!!!! Yummmmmm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Ahhh, I had two uncrustables on the course yesterday. Perfect snack!!!!! Yummmmmm!

My wife laughs at me for taking/eating these on the course...says I'm taking kids snacks to the course.  I'll usually take 2-3 of these and some nuts or a protein bar.  It really all depends on my tee time...if I'm gonna be playing through the lunch hour then I'll usually take more snacks with me, but if it's first thing in the morning, then I'll usually pick up a b-fast burrito on my way to the course. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

My wife laughs at me for taking/eating these on the course...says I'm taking kids snacks to the course.  I'll usually take 2-3 of these and some nuts or a protein bar.  It really all depends on my tee time...if I'm gonna be playing through the lunch hour then I'll usually take more snacks with me, but if it's first thing in the morning, then I'll usually pick up a b-fast burrito on my way to the course. 

Same here. I eat oatmeal at home before a 9AM tee time, then two Uncrustables and a Clif bar on the back nine. Soooooo good! I never had an Uncrustable until a company meeting 5 years ago. We come out of the ballrooms for a snack break and there they are. Love at first bite!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Same here. I eat oatmeal at home before a 9AM tee time, then two Uncrustables and a Clif bar on the back nine. Soooooo good! I never had an Uncrustable until a company meeting 5 years ago. We come out of the ballrooms for a snack break and there they are. Love at first bite!!!!!!!

Uncrustables are the best. I don’t have to waste loaf of bread for a few sandwiches a month but also who doesn’t like a pbj.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I always bring a protein bar with me.  Also eat Babybel cheese at times even though it barely qualifies as real cheese.

Drink water on the course, equivalent of around 2 bottles per nine.  On high temperature and humidity days I may get a gatorade at the turn.  I find gatorade syrupy sweet so cut about 75% water to 25% gatorade.

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Cheese on Cheese Crackers or Cheese with peanut butter crackers,  an apple or orange, water,  Gatorade, and it must be yellow, the original flavor.  Or whatever I can leave the house with  ...LOL. 

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

• 1 month later...

I have a 40oz water bottle that I bring with me and that didn't cut it last week. Probably need to supplement that with a big bottle of Gatorade.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

14 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I have a 40oz water bottle that I bring with me and that didn't cut it last week. Probably need to supplement that with a big bottle of Gatorade.

I was about to buy a 40oz insulated bottle, but then decided not to since I’m having to refill all the time anyway. Yesterday I just took my 24 oz insulated bottle, a small cooler filled with ice packs and small Gatorade bottles, and kept refilling. A couple courses don’t allow outside coolers, so I buy the biggest waters/Gatorades they have and refill the same 24oz insulated bottle throughout the round. I’d have to bring an actual jug filled with ice and water if I was going to bring enough liquid for the whole round. It’s been so hot that I still think I’d have to add more in one of those too.

• Like 1

Since I play about 4 times a week, my routine during the Summer is:

1 Nature Valley Protein Bar

1 pack of Nabs(Peanut Butter or Cheese filled crackers) I call them "Nabs" because they were from Nabisco when I was a kid.

1 20 oz bottle of Gatorade

1 "yeti" style cup with ice and water....when the water is gone I pour the Gatorade in the cup.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

• 3 weeks later...

Usually a granola bar or two. Ive never had an uncrustable, but the wife buys them for the kids at costco by the case so ill probably try them tomorrow. Can't wait to see the look on my dads face eating that on a Ross course, well whats left of his design at least.

Grape Jelly Uncrustables are the way to go and i have a few Slim Jim's in the bag. Gatorade or Power-Aid to drink. No beer or alcohol, My game goes to crap if I drink and play. Afterwards is ok though.    

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

MY Snack Vary on what is in the kitchen

Trail Mix ./ Nuts  peanut butter crackers 

a yeti with an ice ball and water. ice ball last a whole round.

Always have a flask with KY Bourbon in case of snake bites.

But after reading this going to have to try uncrustable.

• Like 1

Driver Taylor Made M4

MP 57 Irons

Ping Putter

Clif bars and/or almonds.  Lots of water.  If I'm drinking beer on the course, I've given up on the round.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Peanut butter filled pretzels are my go to.  Good combination of carbs and protein.   

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

I'm on intermittent fasting, so just water til lunch.

If I'm playing a competitive round that goes beyond lunch (which is always) then I'll take a banana, granola bar or sandwich. Still only drink water.

Once the round is over, all the alcohol I can take 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT