Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

aerotech steelfiber i70 Stiff vs. True Temper AMT Black Regular

Curious what you guys opinions were on my current gamers iron shaft TT AMT Black regular flex in T200 vs Sub 70 699 with Aerotech Steel Fiber I70 stiff flex I just order?

In my opinion going with the stiff flex in the graphite light weight shafts will match up closer to the heavier regular flex steel shafts in my gamer irons.

Don't know if this really answers what you are searching for but I wanted to share.

I have used both shafts but not the club heads. From my experience, the Steel Fibers, specifically the I70  you reference should yield higher ball  flight than the TT AMT Black's.

I like the TT AMT series and the black spec is true to mid ball flights with good spin imo. The TT AMT Blacks actually felt very balanced during my swing.While the TT AMT Blacks were heavier, I liked the feel a little better but again thats my experience.

Imo the Steel Fibers yield a firm feel regardless of flex at least to me. Feel is subjective.   The Steel Fiber I70's being lighter contributed to a firm head heavier feel during my swing. I actually switched to I80's to get a more balanced feel I wanted while still saving a few grams total club weight from "like"  steel shafts I was testing. 

1 hour ago, aerospace_ray said:

Don't know if this really answers what you are searching for but I wanted to share.

I have used both shafts but not the club heads. From my experience, the Steel Fibers, specifically the I70  you reference should yield higher ball  flight than the TT AMT Black's.

I like the TT AMT series and the black spec is true to mid ball flights with good spin imo. The TT AMT Blacks actually felt very balanced during my swing.While the TT AMT Blacks were heavier, I liked the feel a little better but again thats my experience.

Imo the Steel Fibers yield a firm feel regardless of flex at least to me. Feel is subjective.   The Steel Fiber I70's being lighter contributed to a firm head heavier feel during my swing. I actually switched to I80's to get a more balanced feel I wanted while still saving a few grams total club weight from "like"  steel shafts I was testing. 

This is exactly the feedback I was looking to get. Did you get the I80s in Stiff or Regular.

Edited by awcarlisle01

I play/fit to reg flex. But if you can, IMO, you should try to find a fitter that stocks Steel Fibers and/or fitting-demo center to test. Lots of options regarding Steel Fibers and TT shaft models. Good luck

This is exactly the feedback I was looking to get. Did you get the I80s in Stiff or Regular.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 3 years later...