TESTERS WANTED! ×

Onewheel + XR for golf

Thin2win

That thing is awesome!

Hey .. maybe you'll get good enough on it, you can lengthen your clubs by 6" and hit the ball while standing on it .. and zip off to your next shot .. and finish 18 in like 36 minutes.. 😄😂🤪

Ha but seriously, definitely interested in reading / seeing more about the learning to ride process!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hello all, time for another review. This time I'll be chronicling my purchase, learning to ride, and eventually golfing with a onewheel. 
20200528_162414.thumb.jpg.9836bacbe43c8795c0438ba0acc2b2b8.jpg
First of all, what is a onewheel? Well, if you can't figure out up by the picture, it is an electric one wheel board. A combination of sensors, motor and human keep it balanced. Is it for golf? Well, unlike other electric skateboard type devices, it has a relatively massive wheel that can handle off road terrain. Also, with a theoretical range of 18 miles, and a safe cruising speed of  15mph, it has the speed and range to make it around a course. So, while not designed for golf, why not? And that is what I'm going to test. More to follow. 

Kyle from Cartbarn Guys has been sporting one the last couple days. Pretty coincidental that I’ve seen these things three times in three days on three different sites. Must be some marketing going on lately.
I’m curious as to how they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Dang!!!! Starting at $950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

43 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Kyle from Cartbarn Guys has been sporting one the last couple days. Pretty coincidental that I’ve seen these things three times in three days on three different sites. Must be some marketing going on lately.
I’m curious as to how they work.

I haven't seen any marketing, maybe just covid stir crazy and people looking for some fun

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I wanted to do a similar thing with an electric long board by EVOLVE, but after reaching out to about 6 courses near me, none would allow me to use it On their course due to liability reasons (even if I offered to bring a waiver, or pay a cart fee still). Have you checked around to make sure this is allowed where you play?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Note. I saw your original concept,but admittedly,didn’t read though it all first before posting my previous comment and see that you already got the green light! Congrats! Sounds awesome! Wish the courses near me were more open to the idea.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

9 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

Note. I saw your original concept,but admittedly,didn’t read though it all first before posting my previous comment and see that you already got the green light! Congrats! Sounds awesome! Wish the courses near me were more open to the idea.

I actually haven't found a course that has told me no yet. I'm sure I will. There are definitely a few I wouldn't want it on, just too steep and hilly for me yet. 

When I started the conversation I offered to pay trail fees, but the courses here haven't wanted that either. In their eyes, it doesn't weigh any more than the electric push carts they allow, so why charge for it if they show those. 

On the evolve, doesn't it have much smaller tires? Would you need to use it cart path only? 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

10 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I actually haven't found a course that has told me no yet. I'm sure I will. There are definitely a few I wouldn't want it on, just too steep and hilly for me yet. 

When I started the conversation I offered to pay trail fees, but the courses here haven't wanted that either. In their eyes, it doesn't weigh any more than the electric push carts they allow, so why charge for it if they show those. 

On the evolve, doesn't it have much smaller tires? Would you need to use it cart path only? 

The one I was looking at was considered "all terrain" and would have been able to work on grass:

GTR_Carbon_2in1_Main_300x300.jpg?v=1585090518

updated for purchasing/arrival/setup and first ride.

WITB:

1 minute ago, Wedgie said:

Do you carry clubs on this or use a push cart?

In theory, you could push a cart with it... but I think that is a quick way to end up with internal bleeding. I'll be riding with them on my back using my trusty stand bag. 

WITB:

Just now, Thin2win said:

In theory, you could push a cart with it... but I think that is a quick way to end up with internal bleeding. I'll be riding with them on my back using my trusty stand bag. 

I'd want something to hold on to but I get your point.  I'm curious how it is going up and downhill on grass.  Sounds fun!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

This would be a trip to the hospital for me. Kudos for wanting to give this a try. I was also thinking a pull cart pulling behind would be better than a push cart in front or a bag on my back adding more top weight instability. In any event I want to see video!!!!  Good luck , stay safe.

I like the Finn bike.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

This would be a trip to the hospital for me. Kudos for wanting to give this a try. I was also thinking a pull cart pulling behind would be better than a push cart in front or a bag on my back adding more top weight instability. In any event I want to see video!!!!  Good luck , stay safe.

I like the Finn bike.

the finn bike was really fun. Definitely more fun than a golfboard and way more fun that a standard golf cart. Very stable, super easy to get on and off of. If I had a viable method for taking it to and from the course(i.e. a pickup truck) I would have gotten one of them instead of the Onewheel.

WITB:

13 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

the finn bike was really fun. Definitely more fun than a golfboard and way more fun that a standard golf cart. Very stable, super easy to get on and off of. If I had a viable method for taking it to and from the course(i.e. a pickup truck) I would have gotten one of them instead of the Onewheel.

Got to try one at Caladonia last October. I looked at the price "gulp" and probably can get a newer full size golf cart for that price. Not sure what kind of car you have but those small trailers that go in a tow hitch might work. You know the senior scooter type transporter. I used to tote a dirt bike on the back of my car back in the day. It used two basket type racks designed to hold the wheels. They hooked on the bumper. ( back when they were steel chrome ) 😂

13 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Got to try one at Caladonia last October. I looked at the price "gulp" and probably can get a newer full size golf cart for that price. Not sure what kind of car you have but those small trailers that go in a tow hitch might work. You know the senior scooter type transporter. I used to tote a dirt bike on the back of my car back in the day. It used two basket type racks designed to hold the wheels. They hooked on the bumper. ( back when they were steel chrome ) 😂

$3500 for a Finn, from what I could see that was less than half most current new carts. But right in line with a decent used one.  But really, none of these toys are cheap, which is why I wanted one that I could use for something other than just golf as well. If I decided to rent a cart stall at the course, I could still see getting a Finn Cycle. 

WITB:

Added first time on course update. 

WITB:

Just some added info:

The "Elevated" setting is definitely the way to go for a golf course, as it raises the nose up a bit to give more clearance for going over roots and up hills.  As for going over roots, not a problem. I wouldn't charge at them with a bunch of speed, but I might place a ball in a tree grove on occasion, and I was able to drive right in to look for it. As for what upgrades you would probably want from the base board option here are my thoughts.

There are currently 2 boards to choose from, the Pint and the XR.  The Pint, only has enough battery for 9 holes. There are some interesting after market mods that allow you to attach the electic mower batteries to it for extended range, but the board itself is also smaller, and more nimble, probably not what you need/want on a course.

The XR has a claimed range of 18 miles. On my first 9 holes, I did 3.3 miles and my battery was at 65%. A super hilly course would probably draw more from the battery, but you would get some back as the board does regenerative charging while going downhills. But, I think I could do 9 miles comfortably on most terrain, which should be plenty for any 18 hole days. If you wanted to go 36, and why wouldn't you? The charger is the size of most laptop chargers, and from my uses of it, I'd expect that about a 45 minute charge between 18s would get you around another loop, so if you were going to get lunch between loops you could charge it while eating and be good to go. If you were really wanting to get right back out, you could get the hypercharger, which I guess would get you out much faster. So all that said, you would want an XR for the course.

It comes with a slick tire, that is great for pavement and around town, but I'd recommend a treaded tire. There are a number to choose from and I've only used 1, so I can't really say it is better or worse than any others, but I do like it a lot. That is the Hoosier FF2 Terrain. 

You will also want a fender to cover the wheel. It doesn't come with one, and looking at it without one is scary. But you really don't need one to ride it, oddly the giant spinning wheel between your legs isn't as dangerous as it sounds. And if you ever drive over some gravel, the fender makes a whole lot of racket. But, it keeps you clean and dry going around the course, so a fender is highly recommended.

I'm going out for 18 today(weather permitting) so I'll chime back with how that goes. After 20 miles of time on it, I feel really comfortable. Still not pushing to the top speed or doing anything crazy, but fully confident that I can get from point A to point B without any issues.

WITB:

Can you get someone to take a video for us to see? 

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Can you get someone to take a video for us to see? 

I think that can be arranged. I'll say, there are some good ones out there with much higher production value than what I'll get, but I'll get something for you. 

WITB:

A few updates on this. I've played 18 on it now 3 times, and gotten in four 9 hole outings, it is still fun. It definitely had some limits. Hills require understanding what the board can do. I've nosed into a few of them over the last few weeks. Never at more than walking speed, so my abrupt dismount was fine, but I've learn that you need to be very aware trying to Accelerate while going up. Also, bumps that the board had no issue with rolling over when you are moving along, can bring you to a sudden stop if you are going very slow. This also results in an abrupt dismount. 

The range isn't an issue, I think at most courses you could probably squeeze 27 in on a charge, definitely if you stick to the cart paths and go easy. I've played two different courses, and they were 5.2 and 5.5 miles to make it around, I finished with 30-40% charge left. But these courses are very walkable normally. Other courses might be different. 

So I'll try a 10 club set and see how that feels. The part where the added weight makes a real difference is in stopping and dismounting. It makes the balance harder, not hard, just harder. 

I've logged 50 miles over the last two weeks, and it is definitely fun. Also, it has helped me achieve my goal of getting more 18 holes days in. I was able to play 18 in an hour thirty five. I got home and the wife asked how my 9 holes went, so Mission successful. 

WITB:

Looks like my phone deleted a paragraph when i tried to post the previous update.

In regards to weight, the first few rounds, i played a full bag ( i only play 12 clubs normally). And I didn't think the weight of the bag was that big of issue. Then I played a round with only 8 clubs, and the difference was very noticeable, not while driving down the course, but while stopping, starting and dismounting. It made those events easier, not orders of magnitude easier, but say  4' putt vs 5' putt. I'll probably try a 8-10 club set when playing a few rounds and see how that goes. 

I already had another post this year trying to get my bag down to about 9 clubs. So this part is't a bother for me, and if you are a 14 club player it is definitely doable. I'd recommend a lighter carry bag with a stand too... if only there was a site out there that did carry bag reviews...  I have a 12 year old Sun Mountain 3.5, it works just fine. My wife has a Ping Moonlight, I tried that, but I missed the stand too much to use it as the go to. I'm looking at the Cobra Ultralight now, maybe a Stitch SL1 if I win a lotto this week just to drop another pound or two. 

My feet have been feeling better than ever when finishing a round. Normally they are pretty sore and beat up after walking 18, but this is much like a cart where you get to be off them and they get to take a break. The first few rides were a bit of a core/calf workout, but it seems my body has adapted and I don't have any soreness at all at this point. 

That concludes this update. 

WITB:

On 6/1/2020 at 10:12 AM, Wedgie said:

Do you carry clubs on this or use a push cart?

So, I tried to use it to push a cart just to see if it was doable... this is a horrible idea and should never be attempted again. We can close this line of questioning. 😂

WITB:

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from a golf trip /golf spy meetup in Coeur D'Alene. Lots of fun, good golf courses and some sporadic good golf. I took the wheel on the trip, easy enough to make room for in the car after all. 

I was only able to use it on the last day, and that was fine. The first course we played was legitimately too hilly. I might or might not have been able to get around it, but it definitely wouldn't have been fun. The second course was Idaho's top rated course and wasn't about to let have too much fun. 

But the last course was fine with it and it made an otherwise poor golf round more fun. @fixyurdivoteven hopped on it and successfully drove around.

20200628_074655.jpg.c42c2f32662e0edae56d75a1254e2ef7.jpg20200628_103519.jpg.dc34d61e76222a49337733abfcbaaea7.jpg

Bill shot a quick video, so I'll figure out how best to upload that and through it up here too. 

My big takeaway was that if your home course allows it, you are good. But don't expect Resort courses to know what it is, or let you use it. 

Still, it was very easy to travel with and fun to cruise around the hotel after golf each day. 

WITB:

6 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Just got back from a golf trip /golf spy meetup in Coeur D'Alene. Lots of fun, good golf courses and some sporadic good golf. I took the wheel on the trip, easy enough to make room for in the car after all. 

I was only able to use it on the last day, and that was fine. The first course we played was legitimately too hilly. I might or might not have been able to get around it, but it definitely wouldn't have been fun. The second course was Idaho's top rated course and wasn't about to let have too much fun. 

But the last course was fine with it and it made an otherwise poor golf round more fun. @fixyurdivoteven hopped on it and successfully drove around.

20200628_074655.jpg.c42c2f32662e0edae56d75a1254e2ef7.jpg20200628_103519.jpg.dc34d61e76222a49337733abfcbaaea7.jpg

Bill shot a quick video, so I'll figure out how best to upload that and through it up here too. 

My big takeaway was that if your home course allows it, you are good. But don't expect Resort courses to know what it is, or let you use it. 

Still, it was very easy to travel with and fun to cruise around the hotel after golf each day. 

Riding is much easier than dismounting 😬.  Chris made it look pretty darn easy.  It was fun watching him slalom down the fairways - and that thing moves right along.  It looked like he was snowboarding.  It was also fun watching folks around the course gawking and pointing at this strange new cart.  I also took his rented Finn Cycle for a loop around Indian Canyon's parking lot.  I must say that after seeing him on it during our golf round and that short ride of mine, I've changed my opinion about these...

See, even old school curmudgeons can be swayed 🤣.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

This thread is interesting and all...

Certainly at 65 I'm not going to attempt riding anything like this. Anywhere! (not a put down) But, if I were 10-14 years old I'd be all over this thing. As far as I can tell these types of things just aren't working out for golf courses. Yet. I've seen a few courses try "new" types of unconventional golf scooters, boards, etc. but they were all short term novelties IMO and then they were gone or left unused. I suppose it's hard to beat walking, caddies, push/pull carts, and standard club car - ez go type golf carts.

Best of luck with your OneWheel.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hello all, time for another review. This time I'll be chronicling my purchase, learning to ride, and eventually golfing with a onewheel. 
20200528_162414.thumb.jpg.9836bacbe43c8795c0438ba0acc2b2b8.jpg
First of all, what is a onewheel? Well, if you can't figure out up by the picture, it is an electric one wheel board. A combination of sensors, motor and human keep it balanced. Is it for golf? Well, unlike other electric skateboard type devices, it has a relatively massive wheel that can handle off road terrain. Also, with a theoretical range of 18 miles, and a safe cruising speed of  15mph, it has the speed and range to make it around a course. So, while not designed for golf, why not? And that is what I'm going to test. 
So, how did I end up with a onewheel? Really a number of factors led to it. But the two biggest were time and fun. Like probably everyone here, time is a premium in my life. Between working, being a husband, and a dad getting out for 18 has all but stopped for me. I can get 9 in a couple times a week, but I've only played 18 three times in the last 6 months... I know
However, the last time I did get to play 18 the course was renting Finn Cycles :
IMG_1897.thumb.jpg.3755c3e2fda939e4e60a32f80b4e1192.jpg
Using one was a blast. I got through 18 in just under 3 hours. And that got me thinking about getting one. I looked at them, and I looked at golf boards, I've rented one of those as well a few times. The big problems I had with getting one, was transport. I drive a car, so neither one was going to work for me. And I wanted something that I could take with me, not just leave at the course.
Coming in at the size of a skateboard, and weighing only 29lbs, the onewheel checked the size box. So I checked with my local courses to see if I could even bring one out to them. After a couple green lights, I decided to go for it. 
My goal for the onewheel: get in 18 holes at my club in less than 2 hours and have lots of fun doing it. Like getting to multi task golf with snowboarding. 
My concerns: will I break myself trying this and is it practical.
There are lots of reviews about Onewheels, pros/cons etc. And a few youtubes of people using them on the course, but not any real information about if it a viable option or just too demanding and tricky to do. I've never skateboarded, but have a decent history of balance sports: skiing, snowboarding, motocross, mountain bikes, general childhood idiocy. 
From what information I could find from a few post it was possible to ride on a golf course. But not much else. I figured, having one would be fun in and of itself(I've already taken it to a dentist appointment and the grocery store) and if I could use it on the course, that would be perfect. 
Ordering:
Pretty self explanatory, go to the website pick out the board you want add some custom bits if you want and checkout, like pretty much every online store. It took 9 working days from the time I ordered it until it arrived, so pretty good.
Arrival/Setup:
My first actual complaint. When you customize your board on the site, it shows you how each of your parts will look on it, and all the color options, just like you would expect. However, when it arrives, you get the base board with a separate box containing all your other parts. Since most parts are a 1 for 1 swap to change colors, you end up having to take it apart to rebuild it with your new stuff... why on earth this isn't done at the factory is beyond me. I can't imagine ordering computer with an updated case and memory and have the company send me the base computer with directions on how to replace the case and add memory, but that is what Future Motion does...  low marks for that part of their business model. 
On the plus side, it comes apart really easy with just a few allen screws and 20 minutes later I had converted it to my custom color scheme with fender for keeping dirt off me and a carry handle.
Downloading the app, is well, downloading an app and is as standard is that comes. There really isn't any setup to do. The app lets you name your board, and choose between some various motor/torque settings. It allows you to see your % battery left, expected range based on current battery usage and other nifty stuff like miles traveled and maximum speed reached. There are actually tons of very techy settings, but for the most part, pick a ride mode and go. I imagine that 95% of users (self included) will only ever pick a ride mode.
And that is it, turn it on and take off like Marty McFly...  okay, so I'd recommend watching a few videos on how to safely get on and off. Getting off is definitely the hardest part of the entire riding experience. Getting on, pretty easy, starting to move also pretty easy, stopping... that takes some work and practice.
The first few rides:
It takes some practice. It uses muscles and balance that you likely haven't used before, so after only 5 minutes my lower body was tired. Getting used to riding one of these things takes time and practice. It isn't a day 1 take it to the course item. After 15 minutes, I felt like I could confidently turn and I wasn't just going to fall off at any moment. 
Now, after having it for 5 days and putting in almost 10 miles of riding around my neighborhood and town, I'm getting anxious to take it to the course and have a go.
First time out on the course:
imagejpeg_0(16).jpg.e9a792cd95bf66ae5d8acb452e2a04c6.jpg
Awesome. 
And that completes this review. 
Seriously, not sure what else I could say, it was the most fun I've had in too long. No issues on the course, tons of fun, battery to spare, I want to go back out right now. It was like powder skiing mixed with golf, it was great. 
I still have lots of room to get better /more comfortable on it, but even as a novice rider it was the best on course experience I've had. Any round in the future that I don't get to ride, is going to feel like a let down and something is missing. 
I wore my normal golf shoes (puma with actual soft spikes). No issues at all, I could see metal spikes being a poor choice, but does anyone use those? 
The board has a stated maximum weight limit of 275lbs, between me and my clubs I was around 220, and it had no issues with the hills I faced or any instability. It was easier to only use one shoulder strap as opposed to going full backpack. 
Do I think it is a viable single person golf cart? Yes, yes I do. Did I take it to get takeout lunch today? Yes I did that too. 
The hardest part of using a onewheel, is getting off the thing. The actual riding is pretty quick to pick up, but the dismount.... I still need more practice. 
It isn't a cart, definitely no protection from the elements, has no cup holders and does take some time to build up trust with. But, if any of you out there are wondering if you can ride one around a course, you can. 
The first 5 minutes on one will make you question how coordinated you are and if this was a bad mistake. Then it gets good, then it becomes really fun. 
I did switch tires to one with some tread knowing I was going to be off pavement a lot. The tire I put on is one specifically designed for onewheels, the one that comes on it is actually a kart racing slick. The new tire made carving corners a bit easier too as it has a more tapered bevel. 
It charges up very fast with the standard charger, I can't see how or why you would need to spend the extra $$ for the hyper charger. 
If you have specific questions, I'll answer those if I can. 
20200601_155644.thumb.jpg.9c05c9e8c2230ece6ec39e7f60a00913.jpg

I’m sure I would die if I tried that contraption
Great review

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

This thread is interesting and all...

Certainly at 65 I'm not going to attempt riding anything like this. Anywhere! (not a put down) But, if I were 10-14 years old I'd be all over this thing. As far as I can tell these types of things just aren't working out for golf courses. Yet. I've seen a few courses try "new" types of unconventional golf scooters, boards, etc. but they were all short term novelties IMO and then they were gone or left unused. I suppose it's hard to beat walking, caddies, push/pull carts, and standard club car - ez go type golf carts.

Best of luck with your OneWheel.

From my experience, the golfboards are definitely a novelty. The Finn cycles have a really chance at being accessible for golf courses. Their business model seems better for courses to bring them on. 

The onewheel isn't going to be widely used on the course, it has some real limitations. But, on a course that is walking friendly, it definitely can be. It does have the benefit of strengthening your core and legs as well as working on your balance, all things that are good for a golfer. 

I don't think there is an age cap that I would put on it, but there is a base level of physical mobility needed. I really think most people could ride one, they look much harder than they are. If you have the physical fitness to walk 27 in a day, you very likely could ride one of these. 

WITB: