Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

That guy's got to learn who really cares about him and who's just looking for the ride. Ely Callaway supposedly really cared and wanted to help him.....and I guarantee you those doctors were doing what they thought was best for him -- not Callaway.

I'd really like to see Daly play well again. From what little I've seen, he seems like a guy with a good heart and a lot of problems. For me, I just wish the circus that always seems to be swirling around him would stop, whether it's his records being released, him putting out phone numbers on twitter, etc.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

The guy does not seem to want to be accountable for either his character flaws or actual mis-steps. He always seems to have an excuse :blink:

You're right, it always seems like there's someone else to be blamed. That said, I've always gotten the feeling that he's a genuinely decent guy. I'm not a huge fan either, it's just the impression I've always gotten. I imagine part of the problem is that there are/have to be a lot of enablers in his life since he's been famous.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

My first reaction was that a person has sole responsibility for that they put in their body. I'm a fan but John has a tendency to blame everyone else for his troubles rather than looking in the mirror. He won't ever be free of his demons unless he recognizes the role he plays in all this.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yikes.

Daly doesn't really get it. If you want to get back on Tour, knocking sponsors is never the way to go.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

John needs to man up and spot blaming other people. Damn. It's ridiculous. He's jumped from so many OEM's because it was THEIR fault. Right... right... right...

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Just like his wife forced that knife on him, I'm sure there was no reason.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have zero sympathy for John Daly. He has talent, money, popularity rivaled only by Tiger and Phil. HE has thrown his life away. HE got drunk outside of Hooters. HE pissed away his talent. HE ate himself out of the game. HE drank his life away. Everyone has choices. He has made some bad one. If he can turn things around, I'd "forgive" (not really the best word) him, hell I might even root for him, but I have no sympathy for him.

• SPY VIP

Just like his wife forced that knife on him, I'm sure there was no reason.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have zero sympathy for John Daly. He has talent, money, popularity rivaled only by Tiger and Phil. HE has thrown his life away. HE got drunk outside of Hooters. HE pissed away his talent. HE ate himself out of the game. HE drank his life away. Everyone has choices. He has made some bad one. If he can turn things around, I'd "forgive" (not really the best word) him, hell I might even root for him, but I have no sympathy for him.

I think that his issues are related to undiagnosed or maybe diagnosed but not treated addiction issues. These addictions are physical and physiological. Looking from John's perspective, if not doing these things was easy for him, he would stop. The upside of stopping is huge. Plus the decay happens very slowly. Often imperceptibly slow. John is in the fat Elvis stage right now and trying to get back to the skinny Elvis. Elvis tried and obviously didn't make it. John is trying, but his demons are very very strong.

Not saying you need to feel sympathy, but maybe compassion.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Is anyone else watching Being John Daily right now on The Golf Channel? His GF is hot...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Is anyone else watching Being John Daily right now on The Golf Channel? His GF is hot...

I am watching it, and it's pretty good. The more I watch, the more I root for him to make a come back.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I am watching it, and it's pretty good. The more I watch, the more I root for him to make a come back.

I'm feeling the same thing... I really like getting to see how the behind the scenes things work, and realize that even though they are millionaires, they are real people and deal with the same stuff we deal with...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

His girlfriend is pretty hot, but, boy, she sure can't drive. Do see how freaked out he gets when he is flying? I think the only thing holding him back now is the mental side, he has the tools.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Doctors were probally doing what they did think was right, I am an RN and deal with ppl in DTs and withdrawal stuff all the time and meds is the only way to help them thru the ordeal so i guess big John maybe wanted a really hellish ride coming off whatever. But i like Daly just as much as anyone hell i swing kinda like him way past parallel and swing for the fences on everything but I truly think that man has demons, not that we all dont, but he can not deal with them in any good fashion.

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• SPY VIP

Doctors were probally doing what they did think was right, I am an RN and deal with ppl in DTs and withdrawal stuff all the time and meds is the only way to help them thru the ordeal so i guess big John maybe wanted a really hellish ride coming off whatever. But i like Daly just as much as anyone hell i swing kinda like him way past parallel and swing for the fences on everything but I truly think that man has demons, not that we all dont, but he can not deal with them in any good fashion.

Maybe the exposure from the TV show will lead to someone becoming aware of his situation and coming forward to offer help. Still up to John to really want the help and to fight to make it stick. Maybe there is some as yet untried method to help him recover.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

To JD's credit, Feinstein or whatever that guys name was listed his phone number in the article he wrote initially. I read the article the day it came out and his phone number was at the bottom.

As far his game goes, I think if he could just make his birdie and par putts he wouldn't be in the slump he's in.

For her age....sure. But IMHO, she seems like she's just another golf groupie -- enjoying the lifestyle someone else affords her and basking in the glow of someone else's fame, and seeking any limelight she can find.

IMHO, Big John would do well to surround himself with a few less people just along for the ride....and maybe surround himself with a few more people that care about him as a person - not John Daly, the pro golfer.

JMO

YMMV

She seems to be pretty in to him, and if she makes him happy, that's all that matters.

As long as he doesn't marry her. Dude doesn't need another alimony payment.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

She'll turn on him eventually, judging strictly by his past performances.

He does seem to attract/or choose a certain type.

I also agree....he's got no business getting remarried for a long, long time....like maybe after he's done with playing golf.

Archived