ElJefeGolf

Favorite Club In The Bag

Our Sponsors

On 6/2/2020 at 10:57 PM, Clay10Co9 said:

Loving my 4 iron theses days.  Been flushing it!  Also love my 3 wood and 5 wood.  54 is good one too.  Hard to pick just one, but will take the 4i into one club battle with me.

Do you ever have a round where a club like your 4i just doesn't want to work?  I've got days like that where I just move to the other side of the bag and use the other one(s) that are working that day.

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Do you ever have a round where a club like your 4i just doesn't want to work?  I've got days like that where I just move to the other side of the bag and use the other one(s) that are working that day.

Most certainly, I'd say the 4i is usually not one of those.  Not sure why I always hit it so well.  I think it's because as a junior I'd tee off with it a lot, so built some pretty good confidence.  Also, the 4i in the AP2 has a pretty good sole on it which helps me get crisp contact and get it up in the air.  I believe the confidence I have in it helps me to swing with a good rhythm which is another positive in it's corner.  I think some of my shorter irons I should hit better get a little quick and cause my strike to suffer either fat or thin.  I usually have pretty good rhythm with the driver too, but there are days I get quick from the top, get steep and either pop it up or hit an ugly flare to the right.  Tempo and Rhythm are under rated in my opinion...

• Like 2

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

1 hour ago, Clay10Co9 said:

Most certainly, I'd say the 4i is usually not one of those.  Not sure why I always hit it so well.  I think it's because as a junior I'd tee off with it a lot, so built some pretty good confidence.  Also, the 4i in the AP2 has a pretty good sole on it which helps me get crisp contact and get it up in the air.  I believe the confidence I have in it helps me to swing with a good rhythm which is another positive in it's corner.  I think some of my shorter irons I should hit better get a little quick and cause my strike to suffer either fat or thin.  I usually have pretty good rhythm with the driver too, but there are days I get quick from the top, get steep and either pop it up or hit an ugly flare to the right.  Tempo and Rhythm are under rated in my opinion...

Tempo and Rhythm are very important, I agree wholeheartedly.  When I am not careful to adhere to my routine, I usually start introducing all manner of strange results into what happens immediately after contact between club face and ball.  My routine begins when it is my turn to hit.  At the point where the club is behind the ball and I do relaxation breathing and muscle relaxation, I next do a slow deliberate back swing to the top, with a momentary pause, then twist with the forward downswing.  I have no idea why the 9i just is not working for me this year, unless planting corn is needed on the course...

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 6:02 PM, rsilman said:

Gotta go with the putter on this one. It is such a great feeling to drain a putt from downtown. 

I agree 100%, especially when you mishit/flush an iron and are 50-60' away from the hole, but managed to find the green. I played this morning and I had my buddy say "just roll one somewhat close so that I can get a good read from your putt", little did he know that I was about to sink it. That buddy didn't even come close even after getting the perfect read.

My close second is my driver. I love working my power fade shot to how the hole is playing and trying to set myself up for the second shot.

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

My go to club is my 8 iron, it's always been my most comfortable looking iron since I started playing. I also always start a range session/warm up with my 8 iron. However, my favorite club to hit right now is my 3 iron as I have been flushing it.

• Like 2

Love my 8 iron and my 54* wedge. On the tee, I think about distance and what club to hit to give me one of those for an approach.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

Guest Delete

SLDR S Taylormade 5 Wood

Love it

My favorite club is my 54 degree wedge... around the greens or from the sand, it's my go-to.

20200426_192104.jpg

• Like 1

Gap wedge. It’s really improved my chipping game and it’s my most comfortable lay up spot. Just feel most comfortable. Today it’s a Cobra OL wedge, but if you asked me a year ago I’d still say gap wedge, and it was a PingG400 (for some reason Cobra didn’t have any in stock when they sent me my clubs...)! IMG_4594.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero
3W, 7W Titelist TS2
4H, 5H; 6I-U Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black
ER7  or Scotty Futura X 

OnCore Elixr

I would have to say my PW. It is the only club I hit consistently and it has saved me out of the rough so many times hahaha

Driver:  :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 Driver
3 Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash
4 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Epic Flash
Irons: 
:callaway-small: 3-PW Rogue 
Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50, 56, 60
Putter:  :titelist-small: :cameron-small: California Fastback 35" w Red Cord Dancing SC Grip
Bag: :nike-small: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag
Ball:
:bridgestone-small: e12 soft

Still learning. Love the art of putting.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

Gap wedge. It’s really improved my chipping game and it’s my most comfortable lay up spot. Just feel most comfortable. Today it’s a Cobra OL wedge, but if you asked me a year ago I’d still say gap wedge, and it was a PingG400 (for some reason Cobra didn’t have any in stock when they sent me my clubs...)! IMG_4594.JPG

What degree is your GW?

Irons: 
Putter:  :titelist-small: :cameron-small: California Fastback 35" w Red Cord Dancing SC Grip
Ball:

If you asked me a month ago, my answer would be different, but it is my SIM Max driver.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

On 6/1/2020 at 10:53 AM, revkev said:

IMG_1926.JPGIMG_1927.JPG

According to ARCCOS it’s this one by a mile. My chipping index is scratch and I hit about 65 percent of my non sand short game shots with it.

Personally my “favorite” is probably putter but this one is clearly my best.

Great thread, I can’t recall one like it here.

Uhh Huuh keep on there Rev 3 up a side when we meet that is if I am ever able to play again

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

What degree is your GW?

My Cobra gap is49*
My Ping U was a 49*

• Like 1

3W, 7W Titelist TS2
ER7  or Scotty Futura X 

OnCore Elixr

To answer the original question ( after picking on Rev) You guys will not believe this coming from me. Before my unfortunate accident it had gotten to be my 23* hybrid. I had really learned to hit some crazy shots with it. Before it would have been my 5 iron and 56* wedge 

• Like 1

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

23 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

My Cobra gap is49*
My Ping U was a 49*

Thanks, I think I need to add a gap to my bag. Just purchased a lob wedge the other day

Irons: 
Ball:

Thanks, I think I need to add a gap to my bag. Just purchased a lob wedge the other day

I started chipping w my gap because to my eye it sits up more square than my sand or lob. And less likely to fat it.

• Like 1

3W, 7W Titelist TS2
ER7  or Scotty Futura X 

OnCore Elixr

Gap wedge. Full confidence with that club when it's in my hands

Sent from my moto g(7) power using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Cobra F9 Speedback 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Hybrid/Utility- Sub70 699U 19.5°  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Irons- Sub70 699 5-GW  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Sub70 Forged Black 54° and 58°  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 34"  default_cleveland-small.jpg.c74f3b17afe658f686b5fe6afe45378f.jpg

Ball- Titleist ProV1x  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Mt putter... fit at Ping HQ in 2017.

IMG_0772.jpeg.4aee8f6efe05fc423bfab78532248b3f.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg.6586e39281f12453703681746d6c82bd.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I started chipping w my gap because to my eye it sits up more square than my sand or lob. And less likely to fat it.

Key thing there it fits your eye and that promotes confidence which I see you have

4 wood Adams Tight Lies