Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Favorite Golf Shirt

TCUfrog

Posted earlier, but an update. I will never buy another Travis Matthews polo shirt again. I have two, the collars always look like crap, and they run (very) small and even shrink a little (nowadays that's unnecessary). Maybe they're great if you're a young buck in top shape who is looking for tight fitting clothes (with a crappy collar), but not for larger or even average sized guys IMO. I am far happier with all my Nike, UA, Callaway polos than the TMs I paid way more for!

I have a pair to TM Beck shorts too. Liked them better, but I am noticing UV is attacking the color for more than any other brand of shorts I own (Callaway, Adidas, IZOD, WH).

I don't see any reason to pay a premium for TM...YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 3 weeks later...

I know there are a lot of Peter Millar fans in this forum (and some who think they are too expensive to sweat in...) for the fans you might enjoy this GD article about them - https://www.golfdigest.com/story/why-golf-shirt-brands-have-staying-power-survival-of-the-fitted

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 9/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, MacTourney said:

Looking to find an authentic good quality linen, not cotton, shirt for next summer.  I've heard real linen is cooler in summer and warmer in winter and the older they get the better they perform.  Sounds like just the thing for a walk-carry player.  I know linen shirts can get quite expensive so looking for insights from one's direct golf experience with them, or from just regular wear, as well as supplier sources. 

Linen shrinks more than cotton and wrinkles badly; must steam iron.  I'm sure it looks great when properly cared for, but I'm not going to work that hard to wear a shirt.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...

Good quality linen that does not wrinkle but instead rumples is expensive due to being thicker while still very comfortable to wear.  I have a couple better quality linen polo shirts that I occasionally wear while playing golf.  Have never seen this quality level in golf shirts and will end up being very expensive from a top tier brand.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Vineyard Vines when 50% or more off.  Huge sale going on now.  3 polos normally priced 65-110 ea for 32.99 ea. Whale of a deal….

https://www.vineyardvines.com/golf-mens/?nav=category--top_nav--mens--mens-golf--

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

For golf shirts the two main brands I wear are J Lindeberg and Galvin Green.  Slim fits and they always seem to last 3+ years of hard wear.  Generally can buy for around 50% retail in the off season which I think is good value.

I have been lucky to get two full seasons out of other golf polos.  Polos from Travis Mathews and Penguin can't even make it through one year for me.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I got one Peter Millar shirt with the money I won in a comp. Only way I could afford it and I absolutely love it. Managed to get a second one by making the clubs B team this year 🙂

My Golf Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@permanentpractice

Irons - Titleist 620MB/CB - Nippon Modus 125S

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Raw 51*/08* S Grind, 55*/09* D Grind 59*/09* C Grind - Modus 125 Wedge

Hybrid - Ping G425 4 lofted all the way down - Tour AD DI 75 Stiff

Fairway - Ping G425 max 5w - Mitsubishi blue 70 stiff

Driver - Ping G25

Putter - Odyssey #7

Fitted at Precision Golf https://www.youtube.com/@PrecisionG

The golf shirts I wear mostly are 100% cotton from the Augusta National Golf Club. They are a mix of private label — Augusta, Masters, etc. — and Bobby Jones, Peter Millar, Slazenger, and Polo by Ralph Lauren. Since any shirt with a polyester-cotton blend pills, I refuse to purchase them, and 100% polyester shirts are just way too hot and sticky. 100% Sea Island cotton golf shirts by Brioni, Turnbull and Asser, Gucci, Proper Cloth, Apposta, and Sunspel are silky smooth and soft. The very BEST golf shirts in the world are 100% Sea Island Cotton by Loro Piana, but they start at $2250 each.

Peter Millar, LinkSoul, Travis Matthews do not want my business, so I never wear their shirts.  They do not make any larger sizes (3X for me), so its an easy pass.

FootJoy are my favorites, though they are limited in larger sizes. But I also truly enjoy wearing William Murray, since they started adding larger sizes a few years ago.  Nice weight, cool in summer, and fun designs without getting too LoudMouth-like,

Used to have a lot of Puma, UA but a couple years ago Kjus had a sale (buy 1 get 2 free) and they are the best.  I also really like Linksoul shirts and shorts, they are my go to shorts.  More recently I found out about TASC.  TASC has bamboo in the mix and are some of the softest shirts ever.  Hard to beat the Rhoback designs as well, very well made and comfortable.  And since we have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, I could not resist getting one of their shirts.  🙂

Donald Ross shirts are great , also Dunning, Greyson, Devereau, and G-Fore are my go to shirts.  These shirts offer great fit, comfort, and their designs are unique. 

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

My son has a buddy that works for Under Armor, so he keeps me stocked up with those. I haven't bought a golf shirt in several years.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 (Testing)
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

I have a golfing buddy who keeps us laughing.  Before teeing off there was this guy with a big beer belly and a nice shirt.  My buddy says "nice shirt, where did you get it?"  The guy answered and my buddy says "Oh, I thought you got it in the maternity section".  Everyone around us cracked up including the guy with the beer gut.  

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

I am a total Donald Ross guy, been buying them for about 6 years, especially when they're on sale, a bit pricey, but not any more than Peter Millar. I used to be an Ashworth guy till they were bought out and ruined by Taylor Made/Addidas.  Ross has two fits, regular for guys who like the more "traditional" fit and a new more youthful fit. I will also buy Footjoy once in a while(very good quality) especially when it's on sale.

For a selection of more 'interesting' patterns, as well as traditional polos, give this YouTuber's site a look. I have several in my collection and can say that they are very well made and comfortable - and fun - to wear on the course. Nice selection of other golf apparel and goodies as well.

Fun channel to follow Matt  - a South African - who encourages the average golfer to play 'low stress golf' and who records his shows in S.E. Asia - Thailand mostly.

https://waddaplayagolf.com/

"Planting feathers, growing birdies"

Antigua is a favorite of mine. Light weight comfortable not the most expensive and not the cheapest either. There used to be an Antigua Store in Anthem, AZ but that was 20 years ago. My family just got another one with my favorite sports team on it for Christmas. Haven't worm it yet during play. Maybe this weekend for my match play round. Hopefully the team decides to show up for the next game. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I have a bunch of synthetic material type shirts as I can't stand cotton when it's hot out. My 3 latest shirts: Addias and 2 Greg Norman. All 3 are 100% polyester and very comfortable in hot humid Florida weather. Note: I buy them at our pro shop which runs some pretty deep discount sales. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

PM makes great apparel and can be found in certain pro shops so you can at least try on before dropping a C- note. Our company  shirts were PMs until we transitioned to Stitch, which in my opinion are better fitting and just as comfortable with more distinct patterns than PM and love their stay button collars.   I have however purchased a few Greyson and PXG shirts which are excellent well fitting shirts and very comfortable and stylish.   My off and on course shirt rotation are the 4 above.  My son has a few Johnny O shirts that he loves but has recently taken a liking to Stitch shirts 🙂

Edited by Bogey free

PM is top notch. They definitely are not cheap. I believe the one someone was mention that is more fitted without the wings is the “crown crafted” fit. This is by far their best shirts. They are tailored fit and very breathable and comfortable. The summer comfort and other fits are just too loose for my liking. Sleeves are usually way too long as well. Crown crafted is the only polo I’ll buy in PM now. 
Other great options that I like are the Polo Ralph Lauren RLX golf line. Very light and breathable, awesome fit. Greyson is another great option, as well as G/Fore. They will all cost you a pretty penny, but those 4 are very hard to beat.

Just bought and wore my first Peter Millar golf shirt, probably the nicest golf shirt I've ever owned. It cost me $88 (on sale), but I don't mind paying for quality (what I haven't gotten from Travis Mathews polos or shorts 😠). TM looks good on the rack, but sizing isn't accurate, the collars are garbage, and they don't wash well.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 2 months later...

So I am looking at a new shirt (I need an orange mixed with some white) to go with my titleist hat....Bought one a few weeks ago that looked and said orange but its not quote orange, closer to red. Its a great shirt and going to keep it but has not solved my issue!

I saw Rhoback has been replied to in here and am going to read through but figured I would ask the question and see who responds. Anyone buy from rhoback here? Quality good?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are many great golf shirt brands on the market that offer high-quality fabrics and stylish designs to enhance your game-day look. One popular option is Nike Golf, which offers a range of polo shirts made with sweat-wicking materials and mesh panels for breathability during hot rounds. Another reputable brand is Under Armour Golf, known for their comfortable yet performance-driven polos made with stretchy fabrics that allow you to move freely and swing with ease. Additionally, TravisMathew has become increasingly popular among golfers due to their trendy patterns and modern fits. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference when selecting a new golf polo - comfort, style, fit etc., so try out different brands until you find the one that best suits your needs.

• 3 weeks later...

The PM lines are always top tier, Greyson makes my personal favorites though! Others to look at: J.Lindenburg (Viktor Hovland wears this) and Good Good Golf (seriously, not a joke). The quality on both of those brands is just as high as the PM. although they are both priced similarly, you won’t be wearing the same shirt as the other guys in your weekly foursome. 

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

Right now im big on the Pins and Aces shirts. to me they are light weight and stretchy so its one of the few brands i have found where i am comfortable with it tucked in since im a bigger guy with a belly plus the colors are great and vibrant 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

On 6/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

Callaway apparel is the only thing I like from them. Numerous polos and shorts

Take Dead Aim

Sams club carries Callaway shirts and shorts right now.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

On 5/30/2021 at 6:05 AM, fozcycle said:

My vast collection of golf shirts are from Greg Norman. My wife loves how they come out of the dryer almost perfect. As for fit and comfort, they are tops. Very sad to see Macy’s dropped them from their stores. Oh well, have plenty to last.

Sams club in Alabama always carries the GN golf stuff in season

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag