TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos - Initial Impressions

GambyGolfGuy

I’ve been using Arccos since 2017. 99% of the time it’s great (except for putting which I’ll get to) but it seems like once or twice a year something goes haywire. And when it does I completely get your frustration level. You aren’t out there on the course to be fiddling w your phone.

However, almost all my blow ups have been tied to one of two things - I did something else w the phone like taking a phone call and the phone never started listening for the strike - or I was wearing rain pants and it can’t hear through those.

What I’ve learned - just reboot the phone between holes.

Technology isn’t perfect. My phone and computer both freeze from time to time. My phone has more trouble putting to the blue tooth of the car than it does w the sensors:.. but I get it.

I’m forgiving of the foibles, but my complaint is about 1) the putting , 2)marking the flag stick.

It rarely misses the first putt but usually fails to get my second putt. And maybe I should be glad that it never gets my third... but that’s self defeating.

I guess I’m forgiving of the “mark pin “ function because it IS such a huge improvement over the first iteration. My suggestion for improvement would be a single tap function right on the main screen rather than having to go to the green screen. I suggest this for speed and ease. I hope their Link has a physical button to push. I don’t mind looking at my screen between holes to check the putts as I walk from green to tee. But I don’t want to be seen standing at the hole messing w my phone.

Yet, how else can arccos know where the hole is? Look at it from their side. We can choose to never set the actual pin. It all depends on how accurate we want some of those chipping and stats to be.

Not perfect but getting better all the time. Like I said, I’ve been using for three years and I’m still using it ... some of my clubs don’t stand up to that test of time.

Curious what others think.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have been using Arccos for close to a year, I too got mine free with a club purchase so I gave it a go. I´ll start with the not picking up a shot, that happens to me about 0-3 times per round nowadays but it was worse in the fall so I am ok with it. If I go by my self after work and just do a quick 9 or 18 I usually look at my phone when walking to the next hole and make sure my last shot was registered and sometimes I mark where the pin is. But when I play my regular game I just start the app on my phone and watch and don´t touch it for the rest of the round, I play my game and note the score on a scorecard, on paper or a different app in my phone. I then go look in Arccos after the round to see if the score match up. I take a quick look and add a shot if needed and I do that kind of general and don´t care if I put it a few yards of. Same with putting, don´t really matter to me if the flag is in the correct spot or not, when I have double checked it a few times the flag is often within a few yards since I guess someone else at my course do it so I don´t have to. Would really love to just push a button while I pick up my ball, maybe with the Link. But all in all, I still get a pretty good idea what part of my game that is in need of work and that is good enough for me. Also the distances of each club will be good enough as well since its a mean of every shot so if I put a shot 5 yards short, it will not matter in the statistics.

I've also got the free sensors from having a cobra driver. I agree the pin placement isn't that good, but I cut them some slack for this, pins change everyday so impossible to automatically set up, and it seems like based on where you put they give an estimation on where the pin is located, and that seems to be fairly accurate. I've played 66 holes (weird number, I play a 4 hole loop a lot), and it has only missed 1 full shot, and had a big screw up, i'm thinking because there is a tee that is VERY close to the green on my course. I had game golf live, and had the same issue on that spot on the course, so far arccos is MILES ahead of game golf live. The only thing I check is number of putts per hole periodically throughout the round, and after I do my best to reposition pins accurately. I do have a pretty new iphone, so that may help with keeping the app run smoothly throughout a round.

My question, is how are people using the app to improve? Strictly following the caddie feature, which i have yet to "unlock"? Using the strokes gains categories to know what to practice?

From the little I messed about with the caddie function that is pure crap.. First of all it takes no regards to trees and things like that, so very often it wants me to cut a corner over very tall trees. That aside, it gives me really weird combos, like Drive, lopwedge, 6 iron on a par 5 or PW of the tee on a par 4 to then hit hybrid to green. So that feature is not something I use rarely at all.. I have messed about with it on a new course I never played before to get a lay of the course before playing but when I get there I don´t use it for play.

For improving I look at what area my handicap is higher then the rest and work on that part. I would suggest to wait a few rounds, and get around 5-10 rounds in before you see a clear picture. Also looking at hole specific stats on my home course is really nice to see what holes I struggle with and where I should probably play a bit more safe and what holes I usually score well on and focus on picking up points on those. That way I can make a better plan for that course.

I've played almost 300 holes with Arccos since last fall and I can count the number of missed shots on a few fingers (putts excluded, of course). I would think there is something wrong with either the sensors or your phone. I'm leaning to your phone since the odds of 14 sensors being bad are pretty slim, in my mind. More often than not, missed shots are my fault as I always carry my phone in my left rear pocket when I'm not golfing and I'll occasionally put it there out of habit while I'm playing. We have had a lot of discussions about shot trackers. A decent summary is here:

As far as pin locations go, I agree that this is the area with the biggest room for improvement, but struggle to figure out a better way, short of asking every golf course on the planet to upload their pin locations after each change. I was one begging for "Mark Pin" button as the AI that was determining pin location in previous iterations was terrible.

I think we are a long way off from a system that is truly hands-off. IMO, having played with both ShotScope and Arccos, Arccos is a bit closer to being hands-off, but I typically have a pretty good memory of each shot/pin locations so post-round editing is easy and not a big problem to me. It does introduce some error in the stats since I am manually placing the pin and location of first putt. I would suggest this averages out over time.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I like some of the suggestions here.   I am going to take a very hands off approach the next couple rounds and just let it run.  Will check at the end of the round how it turns out without worrying about it. 

Maybe it's the phone.  I have a google pixel 2, but read all the tips and made sure I was following the steps for recognition.    Not sure how some users can go hundreds of rounds with only a handful of issues.  I genuinely hope it is something I'm doing wrong and I can figure out a solution.

Thanks for this feedback.  Going to play a couple times within the next week.  Will update how it goes.

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:22 PM, GambyGolfGuy said:

I thought I would weigh in with an unofficial review on my recent Arccos experience over the last two weeks.  A little backstory: I purchased an F9 driver and Arccos sent the completed set of sensors for the three month trial a couple weeks ago.  Since then, I have played two rounds so far (actually 1.5 rounds, as I'll explain in a moment).   I fully realize everyone's experience is different, but If you have any interest in the system -- and especially if you are considering buying the sensors and not getting them for free through cobra connect -- I would recommend you buckle your seatbelt for a bumpy Arccos experience breakdown.

Pros:

• The data feedback after the round was kind of cool.  Even after a single round there were a couple nice insights. 
  • I also like the feature of breaking down individual components of the game for separate handicaps. 

Cons:

• Upon reflection, I have never felt so disengaged from the actual sport of golf as these past two rounds.  And full disclosure: I truly love golf data and analysis and all that.  What I didn't love was that as I played I couldn't help but feel that fun was being sucked out of the sport.  I can't really say it was because I was confused or getting used to it.  I watched and read up on the system, as I was excited to use it.  Watched all the tutorials.  Researched what to do.  But it simply became a chore throughout the round to maintain the system.  I realize this may just be a personal thing, but it truly had me questioning why I was playing golf this way. 
  • The killer flaw: the recognition of the sensors was absolutely horrendous and so damn frustrating.  Did I get a bad batch of sensors or something?  I was making sure to check the system constantly because almost every hole, and definitely every other hole, something had not been recognized.  I was following all the tips: practice swing, etc., etc.   Still too often nothing registering.  And then it started sitting in the back of my mind: an underlying kind of mistrust in what was going on.  And every time a shot was not picked up I just became angry.  Now, instead of thinking about my next shot, I'm rushing around and annoyed as I'm trying to click to diagnose if a shot registered, or if I need to click around in the app to fix things.
  • When a shot is not picked up by the sensor, zooming in to properly place a marker where an unrecognized shot was brutal, especially if I had already started moving to the next shot.  Again, I know to each his own - but I felt like a fool immediately checking my phone after every single shot, squinting at the screen, then vigorously dragging and clicking buttons.
  • BY FAR the worst part of the system is the putting setup.  Simply useless.  Back to the drawing board with this Arccos.  When you get to the green you have to designate where the pin is and then drag it with your finger.   Or walk to the stick and tap your phone while at the stick.  Literally stand next to the pin with your phone open and out tapping away.  Crazy.  I ended up just inputting the number of putts after the hole.  I'm still not exactly sure what it was doing there.

That's about enough I guess.  In sum -  it was midway through the second round, when I was on the 5th or 6th straight hole where something hadn't registered that I said enough is enough.  Finished the round on the trusty Grint app.   As I reflect right now, I find I'm actually kind of insulted by Arccos.  They bill themselves as THE premium product in this space.  $150 to buy the set on amazon if you don't get the free set with a driver.  Then the kicker: $100 subscription a year.   The product is simply nowhere near any sort of premium quality in my opinion. 

I have heard some mixed things in the forums (which I actually really appreciate because it kept me from purchasing the standalone Arccos system earlier).  Will probably give it one or two more rounds, and if things improve I'll be the first to be back on here telling about it.   I'd love to hear if anyone has any special tips or tricks.  I would also absolutely take any recommendations for similar products that have helped you track your game with data.  

I totally get the sense that the 'game' aspect of golf is markedly different. When I'm playing with my buds and we're walking off a green, they're laughing or chatting about a crazy fairway lie and I'm squinting at my phone, trying to place the pin and my putt. (Side note, while I don't mind setting the pin location, I think in 50 rounds it's only picked up 2 or 3 of my putts. I *always* have to input them. Sucks.)

Two things I've noticed that have caused me to change my habits, for better or worse. 
1. I walk a little slower between shots. I've noticed when I play fast, it misses more shots. By myself in a cart with nobody in front, 18 takes me about 2 hours. Walking takes about 3-3.5 depending on the course. When I play in less than 3 hours, it's like Arccos doesn't have a chance to catch up and it just misses shots.
2. I have a Galaxy S9+ and I was using one of the battery saver features. I played 2 or 3 (very frustrating) rounds before realizing that my battery saver feature was disabling the GPS and thus the Arccos system. Switched my battery to 'performance' and it's back to working as it should. 

Between those two changes, Arccos works 90% better. 🙂 But maybe there's an argument to be made that you shouldn't have to adapt your behavior to make a tracking system do what it's supposed to do?

(I do wish I could more readily find my overall stats like fairways hit % and GIR %. The 'handicap' measurement is fine, I guess, but why wouldn't you show GIR % too?) </grumble>

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I'd like to provide a follow up to my initial (mostly negative) post on the arccos system.

Since my initial post I have played 5 more rounds with the system. I decided to take a very hands-off approach to the system based on the recommendation in this thread and have been mostly pleased with the results. Here are some strategies and observations:

- at the start of each round I turned on the system and put my phone in my pocket. I then did not open the system until the end of the round.

- the putts were of course a hopeless mess. Not worth further comment. Still terrible. But that was a given.

- on average 3-4 shots per round were not picked up. I was able to take about 5-10 minutes after the round or later that night to easily update this based on memory. Not perfect but also much better than trying to pay attention to it on the course. I was surprised how much better the sensors worked since the first two rounds.

- prior to getting the arccos my golf app of choice is the grint. So I went back to doing what I was doing - using the grint gps and scoring system. I was pleasantly surprised that running both the grint and arccos simultaneously did not significantly drain the phone battery more than just running arccos.

- the post round arccos data is really helpful and impressive. I am honing in on my on course club distances and feeling more confident as I strategize.

- I looked over the caddy features that kick in after 90 holes played and I love the course preview feature even if some recommendations look a little strange. Haven't yet played a round with using this feature to strategize, but I can't wait to do so.

In sum- would I recommend someone pay $150 for the system and then $100 subscription fee? That answer is probably still no, but maybe because I'm a cheap-o. But since the arccos was free with the cobra connect I'm feeling like I might pay the subscription fee to keep going with it for a year longer. Luckily have two more months to decide on the free trial.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow

Hang in there.

The putts are the biggest challenge Have you turned on “smart putt detection”? It’s the the settings (the little gear icon upper right portion of the screen). Give that a try. The cautionary disclaimer to that - it’s more likely to record two putts even though you made a one putt birdie... not always - it’s not automatic or anything. But you might give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 6/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, GambyGolfGuy said:

I thought I would weigh in with an unofficial review on my recent Arccos experience over the last two weeks.  A little backstory: I purchased an F9 driver and Arccos sent the completed set of sensors for the three month trial a couple weeks ago.  Since then, I have played two rounds so far (actually 1.5 rounds, as I'll explain in a moment).   I fully realize everyone's experience is different, but If you have any interest in the system -- and especially if you are considering buying the sensors and not getting them for free through cobra connect -- I would recommend you buckle your seatbelt for a bumpy Arccos experience breakdown.

Pros:

• The data feedback after the round was kind of cool.  Even after a single round there were a couple nice insights. 
  • I also like the feature of breaking down individual components of the game for separate handicaps. 

Cons:

• Upon reflection, I have never felt so disengaged from the actual sport of golf as these past two rounds.  And full disclosure: I truly love golf data and analysis and all that.  What I didn't love was that as I played I couldn't help but feel that fun was being sucked out of the sport.  I can't really say it was because I was confused or getting used to it.  I watched and read up on the system, as I was excited to use it.  Watched all the tutorials.  Researched what to do.  But it simply became a chore throughout the round to maintain the system.  I realize this may just be a personal thing, but it truly had me questioning why I was playing golf this way. 
  • The killer flaw: the recognition of the sensors was absolutely horrendous and so damn frustrating.  Did I get a bad batch of sensors or something?  I was making sure to check the system constantly because almost every hole, and definitely every other hole, something had not been recognized.  I was following all the tips: practice swing, etc., etc.   Still too often nothing registering.  And then it started sitting in the back of my mind: an underlying kind of mistrust in what was going on.  And every time a shot was not picked up I just became angry.  Now, instead of thinking about my next shot, I'm rushing around and annoyed as I'm trying to click to diagnose if a shot registered, or if I need to click around in the app to fix things.
  • When a shot is not picked up by the sensor, zooming in to properly place a marker where an unrecognized shot was brutal, especially if I had already started moving to the next shot.  Again, I know to each his own - but I felt like a fool immediately checking my phone after every single shot, squinting at the screen, then vigorously dragging and clicking buttons.
  • BY FAR the worst part of the system is the putting setup.  Simply useless.  Back to the drawing board with this Arccos.  When you get to the green you have to designate where the pin is and then drag it with your finger.   Or walk to the stick and tap your phone while at the stick.  Literally stand next to the pin with your phone open and out tapping away.  Crazy.  I ended up just inputting the number of putts after the hole.  I'm still not exactly sure what it was doing there.

That's about enough I guess.  In sum -  it was midway through the second round, when I was on the 5th or 6th straight hole where something hadn't registered that I said enough is enough.  Finished the round on the trusty Grint app.   As I reflect right now, I find I'm actually kind of insulted by Arccos.  They bill themselves as THE premium product in this space.  $150 to buy the set on amazon if you don't get the free set with a driver.  Then the kicker: $100 subscription a year.   The product is simply nowhere near any sort of premium quality in my opinion. 

I have heard some mixed things in the forums (which I actually really appreciate because it kept me from purchasing the standalone Arccos system earlier).  Will probably give it one or two more rounds, and if things improve I'll be the first to be back on here telling about it.   I'd love to hear if anyone has any special tips or tricks.  I would also absolutely take any recommendations for similar products that have helped you track your game with data.  

Great write/review!  That is a very interesting perspective and honestly one I worry about with my personal game and level of enjoyment. Golf for me has always been a more casual, decompress sport.  The last thing I want is to add elements to the game that detract from it - or my focus on the game itself.  I only started using a Golf Buddy Voice 2 a couple years ago...managed to figure out yardages by pacing off from fairway markers for 50 years.  Now that I have the device and have come to rely on it, I find myself getting frustrated when the damn thing loses signal... suddenly I panic and feel completely exposed 😆.  I've been on the fence about adding ARCCOS to my game.  I do think it offers some cool information that can help one focus on parts of their game but, in truth, I already know where my strengths and weaknesses are.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Great observations and commentary from everyone on the Arccos platform.

I have 102 rounds with Arccos and am a fan of the app with some reservations and recommendations to those using or looking to use.

Cons:

1.  Putting stats are useless.  Just a weakness that may or may not get resolved.

- After each round, I go in on my laptop and place the flags as best as I remember which seems to help with first putt and chipping stats.  No clue if it has any impact on my second and or third putt.

2.  Misses recording 3-4 shots per round.  Easy fix (10 seconds) as you're walking to next tee.  

3.  Don't like carrying iphone in front pocket but I have gotten used to it for the most part.

Pros:

1. With about 8,000 shots recorded, I am dialed in on my club distances and gapping.  

2. The caddie button displays wind speed, elevation change and is right on with club recommendation (to center of green)  Need to adjust front and back in my head since I don't want to take time to place pin until post round.  Tournament mode turns off elevation calculation.

3. It does a good job of breaking down your handicap by each aspect of your game.  And in which direction each is trending.  405858C4-BA3A-4D3A-89F8-EDD806D25FD3_1_201_a.jpeg.c262ceb91579ff4e34cb69cff9b4fdc0.jpeg

4.  And it proves that the left side of #16 at Rustic Canyon accounts for 70% of my penalty strokes. 

Overall, I recommend the platform as long as it doesn't slow down your play or interfere with your fun.

:ping-small: G30 10.0 w/Alta 55

:taylormade-small: M1 15.0 w/Hzrdus Project X

:taylormade-small: Rescue 4-21 w/Aldila RIP

:callaway-small: Apex 4-P w/Project X LZ105

:cobra-small: King MIM 50, 54 and 58 True Temper 

:EVNROLL: ER8 Mallet

:srixon-small: Z-Star

On 6/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, Gurra said:

From the little I messed about with the caddie function that is pure crap.. First of all it takes no regards to trees and things like that, so very often it wants me to cut a corner over very tall trees. That aside, it gives me really weird combos, like Drive, lopwedge, 6 iron on a par 5 or PW of the tee on a par 4 to then hit hybrid to green. So that feature is not something I use rarely at all.. I have messed about with it on a new course I never played before to get a lay of the course before playing but when I get there I don´t use it for play.

For improving I look at what area my handicap is higher then the rest and work on that part. I would suggest to wait a few rounds, and get around 5-10 rounds in before you see a clear picture. Also looking at hole specific stats on my home course is really nice to see what holes I struggle with and where I should probably play a bit more safe and what holes I usually score well on and focus on picking up points on those. That way I can make a better plan for that course.

I've had no issues with the caddie function trying to send me through trees.  In terms of weird combination of clubs, I haven't seen that either.  

On 6/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, GambyGolfGuy said:

Pros:

Cons:

I've had Arccos for nearly two years.  The only issues I've had were shot detection, and those were issues with my phone.  If you're bluetooth is connected to anything else, the app won't function properly.  The mic needs to be down as well.  I've had some other issues with my phone that rendered the app useless, but that was again an issue with my phone.  

In over 100+ rounds the only issue I had that was an arccos flaw was teeing off at 6:12 in the morning, before the sun was up.  The sensors need light to activate...  I figured it out on my second shot on a par 4, edited in the shot and everything was good on hole no.2.  

A lot of people have issues with putts not registering, the fix is easy...  You have to set up properly, address the ball and putt it.  It won't register tap ins that were left short.  

This app is amazing, but you have to be willing to dive in and drill down to unlock everything it's capable of.  I've improved my game because of this app, and it's sped up my play.  While my friends are pulling range finders and debating between clubs I glance at my phone, know what the real yardage is, what it's playing like and what club is the right one.  It takes me two seconds and I'm good to go.  For anyone that has experienced any issues with Arccos, give them a call.  They have an amazing crew that will troubleshoot any issue.  When my phone was acting up I was sure it was on them.  I called them all hot headed and the rep spent 45 minutes working with my and helping me navigate things on my phone, which was ultimately the root of the issue.  Great  people, great product.  

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 9:24 AM, n8rsgonnan8 said:

I've also got the free sensors from having a cobra driver. I agree the pin placement isn't that good, but I cut them some slack for this, pins change everyday so impossible to automatically set up, and it seems like based on where you put they give an estimation on where the pin is located, and that seems to be fairly accurate. I've played 66 holes (weird number, I play a 4 hole loop a lot), and it has only missed 1 full shot, and had a big screw up, i'm thinking because there is a tee that is VERY close to the green on my course. I had game golf live, and had the same issue on that spot on the course, so far arccos is MILES ahead of game golf live. The only thing I check is number of putts per hole periodically throughout the round, and after I do my best to reposition pins accurately. I do have a pretty new iphone, so that may help with keeping the app run smoothly throughout a round.

My question, is how are people using the app to improve? Strictly following the caddie feature, which i have yet to "unlock"? Using the strokes gains categories to know what to practice?

I've learned a lot about my game from both ARCCOS and before that Shot Scope.  For starters I learned what clubs that I was using and the frequency - I could see after a while whether my gapping was working - between those two items I changed my set make up.  I quickly learned that I chip best with my 52 degree wedge - even though I don't use it exclusively I use it way more frequently around the green that I used to and my chipping and overall handicap have gone down.  I learned that there was an issue with my driving prompting me to restart the SuperSpeed program and change shafts in my driver.

There's a lot to learn from these programs even they are far from perfect.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not a fan myself, and I am a data scientist. Agree with alot of the @GambyGolfGuy 's statements. Dial in yardages at the range and in practice. Come to the course to play. I do like to keep some stats, but just use a scorecard and enter them into apps later.     

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I am bit on the other side. I havent used my setup this season, but rather then get into all that I will say their customer service has been amazing. I have had a few sensors die on me and a quick email and that day they have normally sent out new sensors to me. Yes it can be annoying that some shots don't get picked up or that sensors die, however I have lived the system from day one and just enjoyed using it. I normally go through my round after to check on any missed shots or pins and off I go. Only thing I have found is that my handicap is way different on it then in real life and in part I think that is due to some of the course ratings where it doesn't have all the tees assigned. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)