TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Nike Mojo is my all time favorite ball, it was cheap, reliable for me, and I hit it straight with good distance, I was wondering if anyone has found a similar ball that performs the same way for the price point. I'm pretty happy with the Bridgestone ball's performance that I play but always nice to have a cheaper back up. 

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Irons T200 (6 - W 48) True Temper AMT Black (S300)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:scotty-small: - 2020 Newport Select, Pistolini Grip, 35"
:titelist-small: - ProV1 

For me after playing Prov1s then Srixon zstar xv, I decided I would try the qstar because its half the price of the zstar. I've been playing them for about 2 weeks now and I love them. Set a Personal best drive with a 250 carry and a personal best lowest score of 39 for 9 holes with these balls. I wont be changing balls for a while.

srixon.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Oh this subject is my sweet spot. My second and third lowest rounds of my life were with the Top Flite D2 Feel+. 15 pack that is usually 2 fifteen packs for $30. They are hard to find in store now so I hope they aren’t discontinued. Rocking the 2020 Top Flite Gamers tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I normally play Pro V 1's or TM TP5 golf balls, but found a Wilson Duo this weekend and hit it for about 6 holes. The distance was equal or better than the premium balls and I could not tell the difference around the greens. Makes you wonder?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

For me after playing Prov1s then Srixon zstar xv, I decided I would try the qstar because its half the price of the zstar. I've been playing them for about 2 weeks now and I love them. Set a Personal best drive with a 250 carry and a personal best lowest score of 39 for 9 holes with these balls. I wont be changing balls for a while.

srixon.jpg.0a356100f4fefe6c889840a6030d1fe0.jpg

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:titelist-small: - Driver - TSi2 10 deg, -1 Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60 (6.0)
:titelist-small:  - Fairway Wood - TSi2 3 Wood 15 deg, -½ Length, Project X TSi Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 19 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Hybrid - TS2 Hybrid 23 deg Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 HYB (6.0)
:titelist-small: - Wedge - SM7 52.12 F Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 56.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)
:titelist-small:  - Wedge - SM8 60.12 D Grind, True Temper Vokey Wedge (Wedge Flex)

Oh this subject is my sweet spot. My second and third lowest rounds of my life were with the Top Flite D2 Feel+. 15 pack that is usually 2 fifteen packs for $30. They are hard to find in store now so I hope they aren’t discontinued. Rocking the 2020 Top Flite Gamers tomorrow.

Let me know what you think of them!

I normally play Pro V 1's or TM TP5 golf balls, but found a Wilson Duo this weekend and hit it for about 6 holes. The distance was equal or better than the premium balls and I could not tell the difference around the greens. Makes you wonder?

Makes you wonder indeed. Trying to find those hidden gems.

I’ve played the Duo a lot and agree. I score pretty well with it and putt really well. It is like a game improvement golf ball. A little shorter off the tee for me but longer off the irons. Holds a green pretty well for me on full shots.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Got two 15 packs sitting in my closet right now. Haven’t even cracked them open yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Got two 15 packs sitting in my closet right now. Haven’t even cracked them open yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s your address?

Edit: Found them online at Dicks. $7.99 for a pack of 15. Best deal in golf!

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I used to play Maxfli Noodles, surprisingly good ball for the price and goofy name.  I’ve played Pro Vs and TP5s.  Current gamer is Snell MTB-X and not changing anytime soon.

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

I play Snell, but found that the Wilson Duo soft is a great ball. Not crazy spinnin* around the green and amazing price...

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I’ve played the Duo a lot and agree. I score pretty well with it and putt really well. It is like a game improvement golf ball. A little shorter off the tee for me but longer off the irons. Holds a green pretty well for me on full shots.

Read a few articles on the development of the duos and decided to give them ago.  Had the same experience - found it to perform really well and really liked the feel on and around the greens.  I used to love playing with the Wilson staff balls back when I first started golfing, so I had no problem giving them a try. 

Easy money, 108 balls with coupon and free shipping came out to 96.95 so 0.89 a ball....

Srixon.jpg

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

17 hours ago, stj51 said:

The Nike Mojo is my all time favorite ball, it was cheap, reliable for me, and I hit it straight with good distance, I was wondering if anyone has found a similar ball that performs the same way for the price point. I'm pretty happy with the Bridgestone ball's performance that I play but always nice to have a cheaper back up. 

I think I read a while back that Wilson is now making/selling the Mojo under their own brand as the Wilson Chaos.  You can still get the 4 color pack like Nike made before they shut down.

https://www.budgetgolf.com/wilson-chaos-color-golf-ball.html

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

32 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I think I read a while back that Wilson is now making/selling the Mojo under their own brand as the Wilson Chaos.  You can still get the 4 color pack like Nike made before they shut down.

https://www.budgetgolf.com/wilson-chaos-color-golf-ball.html

I tried them out a while back, just don't have the same yardage or spin in my opinion. 

17 hours ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

srixon.jpg

So this is one of my favorite low cost golf ball options. IF I could just hit it straight. I absolutely love the carry flight I get (on the good/straight shots) and the spin-wedges and feel off the putter is awesome. I just can't control it, especially with cross windy conditions. I always keep a sleeve in my bag as sometimes on par 3's weather permitting I use them. Good solid ball though. 

Played the 2020 Top Flite Gamer today. Averaged 259 off the tee today which is really long for me. Not sure if was me, the ball or the conditions but I was averaging 238 going in to today. The Gamer goes high and about the straightest ball I’ve ever played. It is excellent in cross winds and holds the line really well. I swear it almost straightens out while in flight to correct a slice or draw. Rolls out quite a bit but everyone’s did today so I don’t think it made a difference.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

22 hours ago, Wedgie said:

My second and third lowest rounds of my life were with the Top Flite D2 Feel+. 15 pack that is usually 2 fifteen packs for $30.

Used to play the D2 Feel and thought it was a really good performer for the price. I've also enjoyed the Bridgestone e5 in the past, as well as the Titleist DT Solo (now TruSoft). Most recently I picked up a Titleist Velocity on the course. Normally I would just give them to one of my playing partners, but I was having a rough day and was already low on golf balls so I put it in play. I was surprised how much spin I was able to put on it with a wedge in my hand - not so much from greenside, but at least two or three times from 100~ yards I was able to stop it on a dime.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I wouldnt think that it would be too difficult to find something as good or better than the Nike Mojo.  No offense.  Youre probably looking at any budget 2-piece ball or 3-piece performing just as well, if not better.

You could literally insert whatever brand name you like and find something that works.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I've been hoarding Srixon Z-star prior generation balls at $20 per dozen

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 6/2/2020 at 3:41 PM, stj51 said:

I have not completely bought into the "fitted ball" approach.  I've played lots of various balls and to be really honest, just don't see that significant a difference in performance... mine or the balls.  I've played some of my best rounds with mediocre, mid range balls, and some of my worst rounds with tour level balls.  Heck, I've even had some great rounds playing granite stones as part of the MGS "Hard Rock Challenge"... go figure.

I have a 5 gallon bucket of "good balls"...most I have found, and the majority top rated. I pull from this inventory to backfill the bag as needed. In the last couple of years, I've been trying to stick with ProV1, Snell MTB, and Maxfli Tour to see if any of these really stand out between each other and the many other balls I have played.  Thus far, none stand out as in "wow, game changer".  Perhaps if I was a low single digit player, ball choice/performance would become more obvious?

So as to your question about a "budget ball", certainly those in my cache that were orphaned, free, and top quality, fit are budget balls.  But if I were buying balls right now, I'd probably be looking at Snell MTB or the Maxfli Tour especially on sale through Dicks ($19.99/dozen last year).  Based on my testing of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X (last year) and some Snell MTB's a fellow spy gave me, I think these offer the best technology and price point.

All that said, put a bunch of brand new packages of balls, of all models, from all the various manufacturers, on a table in front of me, and tell me to pick one; I'll grab the ProV1's everytime... go figure 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I have not completely bought into the "fitted ball" approach.  I've played lots of various balls and to be really honest, just don't see that significant a difference in performance... mine or the balls.  I've played some of my best rounds with mediocre, mid range balls, and some of my worst rounds with tour level balls.  Heck, I've even had some great rounds playing granite stones as part of the MGS "Hard Rock Challenge"... go figure.
I have a 5 gallon bucket of "good balls"...most I have found, and the majority top rated. I pull from this inventory to backfill the bag as needed. In the last couple of years, I've been trying to stick with ProV1, Snell MTB, and Maxfli Tour to see if any of these really stand out between each other and the many other balls I have played.  Thus far, none stand out as in "wow, game changer".  Perhaps if I was a low single digit player, ball choice/performance would become more obvious?
So as to your question about a "budget ball", certainly those in my cache that were orphaned, free, and top quality, fit are budget balls.  But if I were buying balls right now, I'd probably be looking at Snell MTB or the Maxfli Tour especially on sale through Dicks ($19.99/dozen last year).  Based on my testing of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X (last year) and some Snell MTB's a fellow spy gave me, I think these offer the best technology and price point.
All that said, put a bunch of brand new packages of balls, of all models, from all the various manufacturers, on a table in front of me, and tell me to pick one; I'll grab the ProV1's everytime... go figure 🤣.

Hahaha I love finding ProV1’s that are still in good shape, I try to back fill those into my bag. I know since I’ve been more picky about what I’m playing my rounds have been more consistent. I haven’t tried the Snells so may give them a try as well, everyone is giving them good reviews.

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I've been hoarding Srixon Z-star prior generation balls at $20 per dozen

At that price I'd hoard the heck out of them too!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 6/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, StrawberryShortCake said:

Was honestly going to recommend the Q-Star tour, got to be a tester when they got here and made the switch

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Found one u left in the bushes today....

20200604_151721.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Srixon balls are going BOGO in a few days for their Father's Day special. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Srixon balls are going BOGO in a few days for their Father's Day special. 
Thanks for the head's up!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

played some of my best rounds with Nike PD long

Driver- Cobra Speedzone 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.bf0039c0fa211a003217e70e184035fa.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg  

Utility- Titleist 718 T-MB 4 Utility  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Irons- Sub70 649 MB Tour 5-PW, 699 Pro 2U  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Cleveland Zipcore RTX 52°,56°, 60°  default_cleveland-small.jpg.0615c53919b7f92c3524630e353b33bb.jpg

Putter- Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 default_cameron-small.gif.dd99234f0267bb38c40c23053034a445.gif

Ball- Titleist ProV1x default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg