TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Bridgestone Tour BX

They're great. All of the balls you mention are all going to perform similarly. I doubt anyone without a launch monitor is going to be able to authentically tell the difference between them. I've played both the V1x and Tour BX recently, used them both on a launch monitor to do distance gapping, and I would say that the V1x spins more with wedges, but that the Tour BX gets a little more distance throughout the bag (but not an earth shattering amount).

For me, I prefer a ball that feels firmer. I know that's a preference over performance type thing though.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

On 6/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, Eagleputt2008 said:

Any folks on here try out or play the 2020 Tour BX? Wondering how it compares to the Pro V1x, Tp5X, or Z Star XV. I’ve heard some pretty good buzz about them, but looking for some opinions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might find this thread useful:

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I’m trying the tour BX now, currently my “gamer” is the Srixon Z-star XV. I did the Bridgestone V-fit and it suggested the BX. I’ve played 5 of the 10 rounds I was planning on testing with it, and I like it a lot. Maybe a little less spin around the green, but that’s it. I’m trying to not let the fact that I got my 1st hole in one with the BX cloud my judgement...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Big fan of this ball. I find it and the BXS extremely good. I am having trouble deciding which I like better. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Little less swing speed, but I’m playing the TourB RX and LOVE it. I’ve also played the B RXS, and don’t think I’ve noticed a tremendous amount of difference. Great golf balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I just switched to this ball. I really like it.  The distance is better , feel is great, and it spins good enough for me.

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

In my opinion...2020 Tour B X > Prior Version Tour B XS > Prior Version Tour B X

The Prior version Tour BX was a rock and I couldn't play it very well. My long irons suffered on mishits with that ball. The prior version B XS handled the wind very well and I thought performed the best out of the low launch, high spin tour balls (TP5, Pro V1, Z Star). The 2020 Tour B X is a step up and that's why I'll game it going forward. Feels great tee to green and I get plenty of spin on approach and chip shots. No complaints. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Ok after 10 rounds: my opinion of the Tour BX is that it’s a fine ball. The equal of ProV1, Tp5, or Z-star: will it replace my current gamer? No: I want more green-side spin than I can generate with it. There’s just a noticeable difference to me when I nip one with it vs Z-star. But this ball is long, great in the wind, feels good on putts, and has what I consider to be “appropriate trajectory”. If it was cheaper than Srixon I might try the BXS...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

• 5 weeks later...

Could use some help.

Been playing TP5s for the last 2 years having switched from ProV1s.  Found the TP5s to be 5-8 yds longer with very similar approach spin.

Heard about the new 2020 Bridgestone balls and was eager to try. Tested the B RXS (green box) which is supposed to be the higher spinning of the slow swing balls. Hit it about a club longer than the TP5s but could not get any spin what so ever.

Haven't done VFIT but the online questionnaire puts me in B RX (red box).

Then this weekend, I pulled out a regular ProV1 and hit it great.  Good distance and lots of spin. With that performance, should I be looking at the B XS for similar ProV1 performance?

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

1 hour ago, jkpigott said:

Could use some help.

Been playing TP5s for the last 2 years having switched from ProV1s.  Found the TP5s to be 5-8 yds longer with very similar approach spin.

Heard about the new 2020 Bridgestone balls and was eager to try. Tested the B RXS (green box) which is supposed to be the higher spinning of the slow swing balls. Hit it about a club longer than the TP5s but could not get any spin what so ever.

Haven't done VFIT but the online questionnaire puts me in B RX (red box).

Then this weekend, I pulled out a regular ProV1 and hit it great.  Good distance and lots of spin. With that performance, should I be looking at the B XS for similar ProV1 performance?

Check the review thread you might find some useful stuff in there

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 6/9/2020 at 4:18 PM, Quigleyd said:

Big fan of this ball. I find it and the BXS extremely good. I am having trouble deciding which I like better. 

I have to say, I tried both as well and I think I like the BXS better.  I am gaming them this year, however I did purchase some Z Star's to compare. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say, I tried both as well and I think I like the BXS better.  I am gaming them this year, however I did purchase some Z Star's to compare. 

I chose the Z-star over the BX: I just wasn’t getting the green side spin I wanted from the BX. Loved everything else about it. I’m going to give the BXS a shot once I use up all my Srixon’s...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

22 hours ago, Micah T said:

I chose the Z-star over the BX: I just wasn’t getting the green side spin I wanted from the BX. Loved everything else about it. I’m going to give the BXS a shot once I use up all my Srixon’s...

So I have played a few holes with the Srixon Z Star XV and I have to say I like it BETTER than the Bridgestones so far.  The feel is a bit softer and the cover feels more tacky if that makes any sense.  Great ball so far.

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

So I have played a few holes with the Srixon Z Star XV and I have to say I like it BETTER than the Bridgestones so far.  The feel is a bit softer and the cover feels more tacky if that makes any sense.  Great ball so far.

Agreed great ball: my tee shots were a little too high trajectory-wise with last years XV, I haven’t tried the new version that debuted this year..

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

5 hours ago, Micah T said:

Agreed great ball: my tee shots were a little too high trajectory-wise with last years XV, I haven’t tried the new version that debuted this year..

I'm sure you will like the new one.  I may have to start gaming this ball. 

• 1 month later...

I have played the tour BX all year and its a great ball. I need spin reduction off the tee and it performs as good as any other X tour ball out there. What I did find is that even though it was firmer in the short game feel, I could still spin the ball as much as I needed. I am a high spin player so a little bit of spin reduction is actually helpful in my game. Even with 6 year old wedges I am still getting great drop and stop performance and plenty of check on pitches.

I did not notice any difference in length with my irons 

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

Always been a fan of the Bridgestone balls. Currently playing the BX and really enjoy them though spinning them a bit much, though that have more to do with me than the ball. Always found them to be high quality, worth a test for sure.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3