Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shaft for Blade iron

hello, i start my new iron titleist CB 718, and get a stock shaft. its Project X LZ 5.5 115, i think its too heavy.

how about i change my shaft into nippon shaft zelos 7, it is fit to the blade iron? any sugestion?

Not a great fit for a blade type iron in my opinion. The ultra light shaft has a flexible tip section to give increased launch and spin - great for low swing speed players who need help to launch their irons - not so good for skilled players who like to work the ball and take advantage of the  control on offer from a bladed iron. 

A better option would be to look at the PX Catalyst in graphite which would mimic the qualities of the PX LZ shaft in terms of launch and spin but at a much lower weight.

Edited by jaskanski

18 hours ago, Mike Mario said:

hello, i start my new iron titleist CB 718, and get a stock shaft. its Project X LZ 5.5 115, i think its too heavy.

how about i change my shaft into nippon shaft zelos 7, it is fit to the blade iron? any sugestion?

I agree with the second post/comment regarding the PX Catalyst but its much lighter in weight/grams than obviously the PX LZ 115 gram 5.5 in the irons. I very much like the 5.0 PX LZ 110 shaft but that might still be too heavy for your likening.

Another very good shaft imo is the True Temper Elevate 95 VSS .355" Steel Iron Shafts around ~95 grams.

If you are wanting lighter than that, then maybe Steel Fiber I80's because I think the shaft tip performance is still a good fit for the Titleist CB irons.

Lots of options. Good luck. 

I have Nippon 950 GH R flex in my Mizuno 919Fs, very smooth. I added Prosoft inserts as well.

Cobra F8 Driver - UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F3

Cobra Speedzone 3W - Fujikura Pro 53 R

Cobra F9 5-6 Fwy - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6-R

Mizuno MC Fli-Hi 4H - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919F 6-GW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Mizuno 919 SW - Rapid Taper 95 (R)

Vega Alcor 60 LW - KBS Tour 105 (S)

Bettinardi SS3C