TESTERS WANTED! ×

Going for an Iron fitting

Gurra

So I am going to go for an Iron fitting at the local store. I plan to try the forge tec, i500 and P790 for sure but looking for input on clubs in that same style that I should not miss out on trying while I´m there. Would love to try a Mizuno just not sure what model.. I will ask the fitter of course but would like your thoughts on clubs that should not be missed during my fitting. This will also be my first Iron fitting so any suggestions on things to remember or look closer at is also much appreciated. 

I would add the Mizuno MMC to your list or possibly the mp 20 as a split set.  Ah, i see you are a fellow lefty, they currently have a lefty specific set that you can try. 

Also, Srixon have some great irons right now so if possibly, I'd add those to the mix.  Probably the 585 would be best based on handicap.  Have fun and enjoy!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I will see if I can get those in there as well. Thanx for the input! As for handicap I see that it is not up to date. Currently at 16 but yea I agree on the 585, been looking at those as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it's not too late and if they're available- try the D7 forged. Really nice.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

On 6/3/2020 at 4:55 AM, Gurra said:

So I am going to go for an Iron fitting at the local store. I plan to try the forge tec, i500 and P790 for sure but looking for input on clubs in that same style that I should not miss out on trying while I´m there. Would love to try a Mizuno just not sure what model.. I will ask the fitter of course but would like your thoughts on clubs that should not be missed during my fitting. This will also be my first Iron fitting so any suggestions on things to remember or look closer at is also much appreciated. 

Presuming you haven't already done the fitting, here on my suggestions. If they are a Mizuno dealer, definitely try them.  Also ask if they have/use the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer 3D system.  I would love to hear how the fitting went, any surprises/changes from current iron specs, and how you liked the i500's.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 6:55 AM, Gurra said:

I saw this probably too late to help. But, I had those you listed and the Maverik Pro which is What I ended up buying.  I can’t remember which Mizuno I tried also, I think hot metal tour and the T200’s. 
hope it went well

PXG gen2X, 10.5, Adila NV nxt 65s

Tour Edge CBX 3t 16.5, HZDUS Yellow 6.0S

3&4 hybrid Cobra AmpCell S shaft

5-PW Callaway Mavrik Pro, Project X LZ 105 6.0

GW&SW Cobra AmpCell TT Dynalite 90 S

60 Bettinardi forged, TT Gold S200

Srixon ZStar