Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Charles Schwab Challenge !!

Shankster

Brutal way to end the tournament but pretty exciting from a fan's perspective. It does go to show how important and heartbreaking putting can be for golfers of all abilities.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

All of those near-misses and lip-outs yesterday shakes me up.   How am I ever going to make another putt after that? 😟   Thanks for the gimme.

Sometimes I missed the crowd reactions, like the hole-in-one, sometimes I didn't,  like the yelling around the tee boxes whatever it is they yell 5 milliseconds after the ball is struck.  

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Bent grass greens with traditional pin positions in the deep south in June versus May. That’s the story of the hard lip outs yesterday.

Agreed - particularly shorter putts that don’t have enough pace to float over the grain right off the face.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

23 hours ago, Shankster said:

Daniel Berger?

Nowhere near what I expected. Good for him!

With that Sunday leaderboard, I don't think anyone was picking DB to win. Good for him to get that win. I think it was just a strong return for golf overall. A total underdog wins the tournament, great leaderboard heading into the weekend, Spieth in contention and then finishing Top 10, Morikawa putting more proof out there that he is the up and comer. Definitely a lot of positives. Looking forward to the next tournament.

Can't wait for the LPGA to get back on track too. Seems like the Marathon Classic is the next tourney up. 

I'm starting a Jason Kokrak fan club. This was an awesome round out of him! If he keeps that putter hot this season it could be a breakout year!

Also - I loved seeing both Bryson Dechambeau and Collin Morikawa in the hunt. Whether they want to or not, they are the 2 young players that to me best embody two very different possible future styles for the game at the pro level. Next to 160lb Collin, Bryson looks like he should be playing a different sport entirely. Collin's iron swing is smooth as silk while Bryson looks like a caveman killing his lunch. They couldn't look any different, and yet they were within strokes at the highest level of golf. That will be a fun narrative to play out, sort of like a Lebron James vs Steph Curry thing.

Golf is back!

Edited by Grit Golf

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler