Our Sponsors

• SPY VIP

I don't think it is a gimmick. I define a gimmick as something that doesn't work. This seems to work.

Did you get it on your cameron at the custom shop? :D

That is why I put works" for me". ;)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Anyway, it looks very similar to my Scotty Studio Style Newport. Sounds like the price point may not be in line with demand but it would be interesting to demo one.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Wow....this thread brings back memories.

A Slotline putter was my first "real" fancy putter. Actually, a set of Slotline Inertial E-Max clubs was my first new real set. Wow....long time ago.

Here's a pic of the putter and E-Max clubs:

2705086396078080_1.jpg

Ok...can't find a pic of the irons, but they had the same gold weight type ports on the heel and toe of the irons. They looked kinda like Ping Eye2 (like everything else in the 80's), but had a black backing with the gold heel/toe weights.

There were no gold weights on that putter. Those were yellow plastic covers that covered an empty space. If you wanted to, you could pry the covers off, put lead tape inside the chamber and cover it again, so it was an adjustable putter without being obvious. That feature wasn't advertised, I think, and might have been an accident of design. Given enough time and bag chatter, the covers had a tendency to fall off.

Shambles

Interesting to hear about the covers. Could be compared to the removable weights of today... I never did like slabbing gobs and gobs of lead tape on it.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

There were no gold weights on that putter. Those were yellow plastic covers that covered an empty space. If you wanted to, you could pry the covers off, put lead tape inside the chamber and cover it again, so it was an adjustable putter without being obvious. That feature wasn't advertised, I think, and might have been an accident of design. Given enough time and bag chatter, the covers had a tendency to fall off.

Shambles

Wow...if that's true not only was I sold a bill of goods (LOL), but how on Earth did a company not realize to put additional heel/toe weighting in those cavities?

Shambles

That is a good idea, even if on one meant it.