TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is the #1 goal for your game this year?

xOldBenKenobiX

To be able to hit through the ball instead of at it, my divots with irons are annoyingly starting under the ball instead of in front of it, ball contact and turf contact seem simultaneous. 

And the short game, always room for improvement, cant ever see myself saying, " short game is good, nothing left to do".

My number one goal is to play golf pain free. I’ve been dealing with some lumbar spine issues, it can get pretty bad. I just got a steroid injection today, I’m starting PT next week, and I’m committing to losing some weight. I want to enjoy the game I love to the max!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 6/4/2020 at 6:46 PM, Kenny B said:

I have 2 goals this year.

1. Shoot my age
  2. Play golf with @cksurfdude... which can also include anyone else that happens to be around.

On the bright side, every year you don’t achieve this goal it’ll get easier and easier to do!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

8 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

On the bright side, every year you don’t achieve this goal it’ll get easier and easier to do!

I thought that as well, but that assumes I don't keep losing swing speed and maintain my short game.  It's a race against time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I’m 71 and still (slowly) improving since starting at 51. Currently working on many things, however my number one goal is to get a consistent in to out swing providing a small draw. I feel if I can accomplish this for my go to shot I will score lower. 

1 hour ago, Gregf said:

I’m 71 and still (slowly) improving since starting at 51. Currently working on many things, however my number one goal is to get a consistent in to out swing providing a small draw. I feel if I can accomplish this for my go to shot I will score lower. 

A great goal.  A correct swing plane does wonders for the score.  So does short game work.  I'm 73 and started playing at 45.  When I was younger, I had a higher swing speed, but my path was terrible.  Now that my path is better, my swing speed needs a boost.  My short game helps keep my score reasonable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Play more, and more better!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Current Bag....

Titleist 913 D3 8.5* Stiff

Mizuno F60 4FW

Titleist 818 3Hyb XS

Honma TW747 4Hyb XS

Mizuno MP32s, 5-PW, TTDGS100

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 Wedges

TA Impact #2 

#1 goal is to improve my approach and short game.   

I have been struggling lately so I am going to set up some lessons to improve ball striking and short game to hopefully bring may average scoring down to the mid 70s.   Hopefully this will also allow me to achieve one of my long term goals of breaking 70.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Play more, hit more fairways.  But more importantly, play a few more rounds with my Dad and my Son.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

I plan to continue playing as often as possible and my primary objective is to play smart golf. Course management is something that I have been staying really focused on during my rounds this year.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

The same as it has been for years... get my handicap to single digits.  Way back (like decades) when I kept a formal handicap, my best was 10.  Since retiring and now playing regularly, and with new technology equipment (ditched the PE2's and GBB driver in the last two years), I'm at 12 for the courses I play.  I'm actually pretty thrilled that I'm hanging very close too my lifetime personal best but would love to finally break that double digit ceiling before physio-entropy overtakes the discussion.

More immediately is to survive two rounds at Circling Raven this coming week at the PNW Spy Meetup 😱.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)