Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sirchunks blade experiment and restoration

sirchunksalot

Took the Hogan's out for their maiden run on the driving range today and I've got to say, I'm impressed. 20200913_131225-01.jpeg.cbe3abb8af1f200b2d8d74b2c49c151d.jpeg
They're some of the most repeatable clubs I've ever hit, I was hitting a pretty consistent fade with them and the distances on my good hits were consistent. I knew if I hit one 125 with a 10 yard fade, the next one was going to do the same thing. 
The sound was more muted than I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing. Just a nice, relatively subtle click and the ball was in the air. The grips were a bit weird as they taper from bottom to top and are quite a bit bigger around my bottom hand than I'm used to. I bought some beautiful, white Lambkin's from [mention=291]chisag[/mention] that are going to look amazing on them, if I can keep them clean. 
My work schedule is brutal the next two weeks, 9-10 hours a day for six days a week. Not much in the way of time off, but I hope I can get a round in with them soon. 

I’m sure you’ll have fun with those

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

You will love those sticks for sure. I don't normally like cart bags as SOP for me but yours is sharp!!!!

Thank you! I tend to ride more than walk, especially in the summer and it checks all the boxes for me. I really hello in love with it when I saw it came in a camo pattern with the red accents. I need to find a stand bag to store some of the too many sets of clubs I'm getting. 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’m sure you’ll have fun with those emoji106.png

I had a lot of fun on the range today with them, they're just a pleasure to hit. Hopefully I can carry that feeling on to the course. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Took the Hogan's out for their maiden run on the driving range today and I've got to say, I'm impressed. 20200913_131225-01.jpeg.cbe3abb8af1f200b2d8d74b2c49c151d.jpeg

They're some of the most repeatable clubs I've ever hit, I was hitting a pretty consistent fade with them and the distances on my good hits were consistent. I knew if I hit one 125 with a 10 yard fade, the next one was going to do the same thing. 

The sound was more muted than I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing. Just a nice, relatively subtle click and the ball was in the air. The grips were a bit weird as they taper from bottom to top and are quite a bit bigger around my bottom hand than I'm used to. I bought some beautiful, white Lambkin's from @chisag that are going to look amazing on them, if I can keep them clean. 

My work schedule is brutal the next two weeks, 9-10 hours a day for six days a week. Not much in the way of time off, but I hope I can get a round in with them soon. 

They look great in that bag and you got a great deal on those grips.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

They look great in that bag and you got a great deal on those grips.   

I couldn't turn those grips down, they were such a great price. I told my wife about possibly buying them and she asked why I hadn't already. You weren't kidding when you said the clubs felt great, they are a joy to hit. 

They look awesome in that bag. Fit right in with the new Vokeys and the Epic Flash.

I have a set of Hogan Edge CFT heads from around that same time frame sitting in the basement. Not blades at all. My goal this winter is to get them built up and get them to someone as a starter set.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

They look awesome in that bag. Fit right in with the new Vokeys and the Epic Flash.

I have a set of Hogan Edge CFT heads from around that same time frame sitting in the basement. Not blades at all. My goal this winter is to get them built up and get them to someone as a starter set.

The CFT's look like they have a lot of weight down low and would be perfect for someone as a beginner set to help them get airborne. That's a nice thing to do, Cody. I hope you can find someone who will get years of enjoyment out of them. 

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you! I tend to ride more than walk, especially in the summer and it checks all the boxes for me. I really hello in love with it when I saw it came in a camo pattern with the red accents. I need to find a stand bag to store some of the too many sets of clubs I'm getting. 

I had a lot of fun on the range today with them, they're just a pleasure to hit. Hopefully I can carry that feeling on to the course. 

The best thing for a storage bag cheap is hit up a Goodwill or yard sale

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The best thing for a storage bag cheap is hit up a Goodwill or yard sale

I think he is learning all about the joys of finding clubs at the thrift stores

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Sir Chunks - I'm sorry to be so slow to this thread but man those irons look sweet - good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

And I'm not surprised you enjoyed hitting them - good stuff

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Same as @golfertrb I am a little late to this thread...

That set looks really great, what do you all think of this Mac set i saw on the goodwill shop site?

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105009120#shipping-tab

These are the most bladed blades I have ever seen! I really wish I could go after these just for the challenge of restoring and playing them.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

2 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Same as @golfertrb I am a little late to this thread...

That set looks really great, what do you all think of this Mac set i saw on the goodwill shop site?

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105009120#shipping-tab

These are the most bladed blades I have ever seen! I really wish I could go after these just for the challenge of restoring and playing them.

Those look almost scary thin on the sole, but I bet they'd clean up pretty nice for someone. That's a pretty good price on it with just about ten hours to go considering the woods look to be in decent shape and it has a bag and putter,  too. I'm not saying you should buy it, but you should buy it. 😜

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105453903

I already have a set of Mac Muirfields, so someone else needs to grab these.  There's also a pretty nice looking set of Hogan Apex woods, but they don't show the toe, and I won't buy a Hogan wood without a Speed Slot.  I picked up a really pretty dark blond Hogan driver and 3 wood with the Speed Slot not too long ago.

Maybe a persimmons-and-blades challenge is in order.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

7 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105453903

I already have a set of Mac Muirfields, so someone else needs to grab these.  There's also a pretty nice looking set of Hogan Apex woods, but they don't show the toe, and I won't buy a Hogan wood without a Speed Slot.  I picked up a really pretty dark blond Hogan driver and 3 wood with the Speed Slot not too long ago.

Maybe a persimmons-and-blades challenge is in order.

Those look good, Jack's signature on the back give them such a classy look. A little elbow grease and some new grips would have those looking nice. 

All these old blades look totally fantastic. I always wanted to hit my grandfathers Wilson Staff blades from the late 60’s but I was not allowed. I’m sure that is normal and I am certainly not the ball striker he was so it was totally fine. Skip ahead 35 or so years. I would never think of hitting his Staff’s although I am sure there is still magic left in them. But I did score a full set of 1972 Wilson Staff Button Backs with the woods. I have always planned to try a restore and maybe game them. I will keep an eye on this thread in case there is a classic bag challenge

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy 10.5 closed face setting

Callaway Razor Fit 3 wood

Nickent 3 Hybrid

XR-OS 4i - 9i factory steel stiff 2 up +1

Ben Hogan 44,48,52,56

Nickent PP-01

Maxfli Tour Center of Gravity model

39 minutes ago, 3ironpunch said:

All these old blades look totally fantastic. I always wanted to hit my grandfathers Wilson Staff blades from the late 60’s but I was not allowed. I’m sure that is normal emoji16.pngand I am certainly not the ball striker he was so it was totally fine. Skip ahead 35 or so years. I would never think of hitting his Staff’s although I am sure there is still magic left in them. But I did score a full set of 1972 Wilson Staff Button Backs with the woods. I have always planned to try a restore and maybe game them. I will keep an eye on this thread in case there is a classic bag challenge

I would encourage you to restore and play some with them. Those Button Back irons are lookers and I think you'd have a great time with them. 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, 3ironpunch said:

I will keep an eye on this thread in case there is a classic bag challenge

I'd be all in for a classic bag challenge.  We're running out of season for our friends in the northeast and midwest, but even if those of us in milder climates did one now as a test run, that would be fun.  We can steal from what we've done with the Hard Rock Challenge if we're looking for ideas...

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Ok guys, you've talked me into it. With the interest in the classic bag challenge, I will take @HardcoreLooper suggestion and do a trial run for those of us in warmer climates and then do a forum wide competition next year when the weather warms up. For those participating in the trial run there will be a prize. 

I will be using the scoring system that we used in the Hard Rock Challenge that takes into account handicap, course rating, and slope. 

A few things I'll need to iron out will be:

1.  How will we define a classic bag? Will we go with the standard for cars and place them at 20 years old or older?

2. Should we limit it to persimmon woods?

3. Putters? I'm almost willing to say use your gamer, or if you have an older model and want to use it. I don't know if everyone will have an older putter and don't want to make people go buy one specifically for this challenge.

4. Wedges? Same as putter, but I'm more than willing to limit these to whatever you have in your classic set. I'll be happy to use the set irons and PW for all the short game shots.

5. Will older CB's be allowed or should we just use players irons? 

I'll probably look to kick this off in early to mid November once the details are worked out. I do apologize to anyone who won't be able to play and I wish I would have jumped on this sooner to be more inclusive. I'll start a thread in the Arrange a Game with fellow spies thread by the end of next week. Any comments or suggestions are welcome, I've never done this before and will appreciate any input you guys have. 

Ok guys, you've talked me into it. With the interest in the classic bag challenge, I will take [mention=54754]HardcoreLooper[/mention] suggestion and do a trial run for those of us in warmer climates and then do a forum wide competition next year when the weather warms up. For those participating in the trial run there will be a prize. 
I will be using the scoring system that we used in the Hard Rock Challenge that takes into account handicap, course rating, and slope. 
A few things I'll need to iron out will be:
1.  How will we define a classic bag? Will we go with the standard for cars and place them at 20 years old or older?
3. Putters? I'm almost willing to say use your gamer, or if you have an older model and want to use it. I don't know if everyone will have an older putter and don't want to make people go buy one specifically for this challenge.
4. Wedges? Same as putter, but I'm more than willing to limit these to whatever you have in your classic set. I'll be happy to use the set irons and PW for all the short game shots.
I'll probably look to kick this off in early to mid November once the details are worked out. I do apologize to anyone who won't be able to play and I wish I would have jumped on this sooner to be more inclusive. I'll start a thread in the Arrange a Game with fellow spies thread by the end of next week. Any comments or suggestions are welcome, I've never done this before and will appreciate any input you guys have. 

This should be interesting

Rick

Left Hand, 

In the words of Mike and Eli, "let's go, let's go!"  And if you're organizing the event, you earn the right to be the (benevolent) dictator.  But since you asked...

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

1.  I'm good with that, but it does permit clubs born in this millennium.  So there's that.  I'd also let someone play a set of National Custom Works or Miura Baby Blades.  But if you bought either of those new/full retail, you have to give all other competitors $100.

2.  I'd say laminates are good as well.  But you're probably talking about metal woods.  You're not at 460CC drivers yet in 2000, but there's a pretty big difference between a 350CC metal wood and actual wood.  Here's two cut-off years we could consider:

1997 - Last year of significant wooden driver use on tour (11 players, 43 events).

1993 - Last major won with a wooden driver (Bernhard Langer, The Masters).

3.  Maybe we give a bonus for golfers using a putter that's > 20 years old.  I don't want to disqualify anyone for not having a classic putter.

4.  Again, how about a bonus for the classics?  A blade wedge with new grooves is very different from an old Hogan Special or a Wilson R-90.

5.  If we go cavity backs, I foresee a set of Hogan Edges or TA 845s in my future.

How about a bonus for vintage balls as well?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

20 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

In the words of Mike and Eli, "let's go, let's go!"  And if you're organizing the event, you earn the right to be the (benevolent) dictator.  But since you asked...

1.  I'm good with that, but it does permit clubs born in this millennium.  So there's that.  I'd also let someone play a set of National Custom Works or Miura Baby Blades.  But if you bought either of those new/full retail, you have to give all other competitors $100.

2.  I'd say laminates are good as well.  But you're probably talking about metal woods.  You're not at 460CC drivers yet in 2000, but there's a pretty big difference between a 350CC metal wood and actual wood.  Here's two cut-off years we could consider:

1997 - Last year of significant wooden driver use on tour (11 players, 43 events).

1993 - Last major won with a wooden driver (Bernhard Langer, The Masters).

3.  Maybe we give a bonus for golfers using a putter that's > 20 years old.  I don't want to disqualify anyone for not having a classic putter.

4.  Again, how about a bonus for the classics?  A blade wedge with new grooves is very different from an old Hogan Special or a Wilson R-90.

5.  If we go cavity backs, I foresee a set of Hogan Edges or TA 845s in my future.

How about a bonus for vintage balls as well?

Thanks for the input, I hadn't thought about the fact that metal woods might be an option so I think I'll limit it to wood or laminate. I also think it should be blades only, since the idea was born in a thread about blade restoration. Plus, it'll be more challenging and fun. The cold factor plays into this, too. I live in a climate that allows golf all year but the temps in November and December can get a bit chilly and the competitors description of mis hitting a solid piece of metal should be good. 

I like your ideas for bonuses for putters over 20 and think I'll use that. Just have to figure out what the bonus will be. I think I'll stay with classic wedges, most sets come with at least a PW and hopefully by keeping them older it'll inspire some creativity. 

I appreciate you bouncing ideas with me, it helps getting a perspective from another point of view. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thanks for the input, I hadn't thought about the fact that metal woods might be an option so I think I'll limit it to wood or laminate. I also think it should be blades only, since the idea was born in a thread about blade restoration. Plus, it'll be more challenging and fun. The cold factor plays into this, too. I live in a climate that allows golf all year but the temps in November and December can get a bit chilly and the competitors description of mis hitting a solid piece of metal should be good. 

I like your ideas for bonuses for putters over 20 and think I'll use that. Just have to figure out what the bonus will be. I think I'll stay with classic wedges, most sets come with at least a PW and hopefully by keeping them older it'll inspire some creativity. 

I appreciate you bouncing ideas with me, it helps getting a perspective from another point of view. 

I'm good with everything you have there.  And since classic PWs have quite a bit of loft, it's not as bad as trying to get round with nothing shorter than a PW in a modern set.  I have the set SW for my Muirfields, and it's barely got a sole at all.  

If any Richmond, VA spies want to play but don't have clubs, I can make up at least two and maybe three full sets with what I have in the garage (except for SWs - my second classic SW will be here in a week).

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Sounds like you guys are are getting the classic club itch. . I’ll definitely participate, it’s just another normal day of golf for me.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105774110

Someone please buy these before I do.  It's not that a second set of Hogans will be too many, but my wife might make me stop before I find a set of redlines on the cheap.

@sirchunksalot - Do we need to post pics of the bag?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 hour ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Someone please buy these before I do.  It's not that a second set of Hogans will be too many, but my wife might make me stop before I find a set of redlines on the cheap.

How hard would it be to restore those faces?

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

6 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I would say that posting pictures is not required, but would be appreciated. I'm always up for seeing photos of classic clubs, they just don't make them as pretty as they used to in a lot of instances. 

Those Hogan's look nice and would make someone a nice restoration set. I need to hit up the thrift store or eBay to see if I can find a SW, I've been looking for a while and haven't found one yet. 

9 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

How hard would it be to restore those faces?

It looks like @sirchunksalot is doing wonders with Barkeeper's Friend, steel wool, and elbow grease. 

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

It looks like [mention=80128]sirchunksalot[/mention] is doing wonders with Barkeeper's Friend, steel wool, and elbow grease. 

Yup, he’s Killin it!

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

It looks like @sirchunksalot is doing wonders with Barkeeper's Friend, steel wool, and elbow grease. 

I gotta give the credit to @deejaid for the advice on how to get them looking good, he's the man! I actually find out to be therapeutic to sit and clean up old clubs, there's just something about the rhythm of it I like. 

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yup, he’s Killin it!

I appreciate it and all the support you guys have given me, it means a lot. 

As far as the challenge, I pretty much have most of it figured out and will be creating the thread in Sunday. Unfortunately, work is taking up most of my time this week and I'll be back there tomorrow. On the bright side, the extra money leads to potentially more golf stuff. 

The only thing I'm left to figure out is the bonus for using a putter that's over 20. Right now I'm thinking either an extra half to full stroke or a mulligan. Thoughts? 

[mention]sirchunksalot [/mention] I’m just always excited to see someone take interest in the classic clubs and hope to help them learn more about the classic game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter