TESTERS WANTED! ×

Push cart or no push cart

To the members who walk .. do you carry your own bag or do you use a push cart ... I am 36 and I started to use a push cart this year to try it out and I really like it .. my buddy goes “what are you 75” .. do golfers look at push carts for older folks? 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Just tell your buddies it makes it easier to carry more beer and they might just start doing it too ;) I am also 36 and just started using a push cart and am quite enjoying my bock not being tired after a round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 
12 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

To the members who walk .. do you carry your own bag or do you use a push cart ... I am 36 and I started to use a push cart this year to try it out and I really like it .. my buddy goes “what are you 75” .. do golfers look at push carts for older folks? 

I use a push cart, all my friends now have their own push carts because they saw how well I played not carring around a 6 pack of extra weight. Let your buddy make fun of you, if you enjoy the game with a push. Give it a few rounds and he will see how much better you play than him and he will start using a cart too hahaha. Unless he is super fit and amazing then you will have to suck it up.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

7 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I use a push cart, all my friends now have their own push carts because they saw how well I played not carring around a 6 pack of extra weight. Let your buddy make fun of you, if you enjoy the game with a push. Give it a few rounds and he will see how much better you play than him and he will start using a cart too hahaha. Unless he is super fit and amazing then you will have to suck it up.

I love using the push cart .. Na he usually has a caddie carry his bag so not sure he has any room to say anything haha

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

I love using the push cart .. Na he usually has a caddie carry his bag so not sure he has any room to say anything haha

I mean if he is using a caddie he is doing even less than you! Can’t even clean his own clubs = can’t talk crap about your cart.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

I'm 27 and I'm all about the cart, especially in the Texas Summer heat. It's a lot easier to play well when you're not fatigued from carrying. Plus it eliminates that aweful constant clacking of the irons as you walk....drives me bonkers 

Driver: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - 9.5 Diamana XS 60

3W & 3Hy: :adams-small: Super Speedline S - Stiff

Irons: :taylormade-small: RAC OS II - Stiff -  Standard loft/lie

Wedges::callaway-small: MD3 S-Grind 52, 56

Putter: :taylormade-small: TP Ardmore 3 - L Neck

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag: :titelist-small: Players 4 Stand Bag

Fort Worth, TX- RH - 10 Handicap

• Guests
Guest Delete
3 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Push cart. 

Pro golfers have caddies carrying their clubs. 

I tell people all the time, "Carrying your own bag is costing you strokes, so feel free."

I happily push my bag. I'm 43

Edited by Delete
Spelling

I push and I´m 30, all my golf mates also push and they are all 25-35. It just makes golf easier on your back, I started out with carrying but tried a push cart once and have not gone back more than a handfull of times (In the winter months here in Sweden a lot of courses ban all carts to be more gentle on the course). I just feel it will allow me to be more fresh for every golf shot and also quicker, I can prepare with my club or rangefinder while walking and at the same time take a sip of my drink of choice. While when I used a carry bag I would need to set the bag down before being able to prepare for my shot. 

With the change at many courses to walk only for a bit, I bought a push cart this year and so far loving it.  I'm 33 and like that I get a bit of extra walking in and get to take in the course and scenery a bit more and it actually keeps me more focused on the round.  

I would have said I saw the push cart for the older crowd prior to really trying it this year, but walking a hilly course that's not walker friendly earlier in the year was all it took for me to change my tune.  I also like to keep more items than I should in my golf bag, which is a 14 way divider stand bag, so a bit heavier to begin with.  

Just much more enjoyable than carrying as many have said.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I'm 36 and I've been pushing since 2010. I tried a few weeks carrying and I wasn't able to finish a round without shoulder pain. I just don't see the benefit of carrying (compared to walk or ride).

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hello. I’m 45 and I use a push cart. I have no issue with it either. I have friends that insist on carrying and tell me that I’m an old man for using a push cart. I laugh it off and push my cart while staying very comfortable.

The only time that I carry my clubs is when I play the local Par 3 course. Rarely need anything longer than a 7 iron for that, maybe a 6i if it’s windy, so my stand bag gets used and it’s pretty light.

Long live the push cart!!:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I am 45 now and have been pushing a cart since sometime around 2000/2001.  I can legitimately think of only one instance where someone attempted to give me grief for not carrying.  I told the guy that just because he was accustomed to carrying his balls around in a bag for his wife doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer the same emasculation.  His nickname around the local golf scene has been "Mask" for 15 years and he doesn't speak to me!  Which I find mildly amusing considering he was a starting offensive lineman for an ACC football program in the 90's.  He's not accustomed to anyone standing up to him and firing back because he is a rather large human.

The point is, do what makes you happy, let everyone else do what makes them happy.  Anyone that has an issue with that can piss off!

No push cart for me yet just a bag carrier. I like the extra workout I get from hauling it around for 18. I'm also a mid 20's guy so my opinion may change within the next 15-20 years!

Sent from my SM-J737V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Cobra F9, stiff, (set 10 deg)

3 Wood: Srixon F65, Reg, (15 deg)

Hybrid: Cobra Baffler TWS, reg, (20 deg)

Irons: Cobra Forged One Length, stiff( 4-PW)

Wedges: 52 deg Ray Cook, 56deg TM Milled Grind, 60 deg Ray Cook

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Xg 2-ball F7

11 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

What a great line!!  I can use it about 50 times a day... every time I see someone under 30 riding in a cart!  🤣

Actually, there are very few players at my club that are 75 and use push carts.  There are 4 of us in our group; there might be one or two others in their 60's.  I ride too, but have used a cart to walk since I was 45.

Many college tournament golfers use push carts now.  I would guess they think that not carrying a bag is beneficial to their game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I use a push cart because my back has always some stiffness issue, but in some courses very hilly I see guys that carry a light bag (like a slightly bigger Sunday bag) have a good pace and probably an advantage. Also on courses lie Bethpage Black with rough very thick, the pushcart kind of slow down when you unfortunately go search for your ball all over like me ahhahaha

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

4 minutes ago, J Kreger said:

No push cart for me yet just a bag carrier. I like the extra workout I get from hauling it around for 18. I'm also a mid 20's guy so my opinion may change within the next 15-20 years!

Sent from my SM-J737V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

curious did you ever try one ? If not I wonder if you tried one and see if your played changed any.. 

11 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I'm still thinking about getting one, but you would consider me old...lol.

I don't think anyone looks at it that way. I see plenty of people  out there of all ages with push carts.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to carry a bag when you can push/pull them and still walk. If you actually enjoy carrying your bag, have at it!

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

I'm still thinking about getting one, but you would consider me old...lol.

I don't think anyone looks at it that way. I see plenty of people  out there of all ages with push carts.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to carry a bag when you can push/pull them and still walk. If you actually enjoy carrying your bag, have at it!

That was my first thought .. people look at it that way as push cart means your old ? .. I was confused I see a ton of younger and older people using push carts .. I know my buddy was breaking my stones but just thought it was weird...

I use a motorized trolley, no need to even push.  

For anyone who thinks push carts (trolleys) are only for older players, or somehow "low class", I recommend that they go to Scotland or Ireland and play somewhere outside of the normal tourist attractions.  Watch and see what a huge percentage of local golfers are using some kind of trolley for their clubs.  If its good enough for the home of golf, its good enough for me.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

When I belonged to a country club a couple years ago (late 20s), I used to walk carrying my bag and I played with guys 15-30 years older than me but also some guys in their 20s and 30s.  I was weary of the stigma of using a push cart until finally someone convinced me i was being dumb. As many other have said 1. It definitely can save you strokes coming in 2. Why put the wear and tear on your body if you play a lot?  Also it just makes the round more enjoyable. 

I could definitely see where maybe some courses don't fit a push cart as well, but I'd argue most of those courses would also be terrible courses to walk, or maybe if you don't play often then a push car adds something else that costs money and you have to lug around. I think its a good investment though, especially if you belong to a club and acquire a lot of shop credit (as i did to purchase mine). 

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

I'm a pusher and proud of it. 

With the cart it is a lot less strain on my back. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Been using a push cart since last year. I’m 29 and I love it. Way easier than carrying saves strokes and saves $$$! Hard to beat that!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I'm 53 and walk w a push cart (actually Alphard's eWheels) but since I'm the ONLY walker at my course other than the high school team, no one gives me grief.  Guys younger and fitter, and older and fatter, are all sitting on their butts riding from hole to hole.   I usually just hear "good for you" on the walking. 

In match play I've tried to get them to walk, but they won't.  They think it'd be unfair to them...  tells you something. 

Helps playing #16, #17 (both up hill) and #18 at the last - need to still have some energy for those last holes.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

43 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks I will check this out !

Our course has never allowed them until COVID-19. They brought about 20 in you could rent, will be interesting to see if they keep them when things get back to normal.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

21 hours ago, connerp93 said:

I'm 27 and I'm all about the cart, especially in the Texas Summer heat. It's a lot easier to play well when you're not fatigued from carrying. Plus it eliminates that aweful constant clacking of the irons as you walk....drives me bonkers 

I can't even deal with the clanking from my car to the pro shop. 😂 Push cart for me during decent weather conditions. I play a rather hilly course. Summer is cart time.

Leave the back packers to the hight school and college players. Save your back!  The bag boy chiller golf bag holds a 5 pack with ice very nicely on your push cart. You will be the envy of your group.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Man, I need to sell my Clicgear that’s collecting dust in my garage. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Answer is simple, if your buddy likes to carry golf bags so much, then he should have no issues carrying yours as well😛.

I used to carry my bag when I was young and stupid (btw 12" Tour Bag not lightweight) but 95% of our members have push carts, the other 5% use carts.

I can only think of 2 members who carry their bags.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I was late to the Push Cart game, but I've been an advocate for the short time I've used one. I would always carry at my local muni and there are a couple other walk-able courses in my vicinity that I would on occasion walk. It's not even the load of relief of not having the bag on my back, but it's actually the fact I don't have to continue to pick it up and put it down that is the benefit.

:taylormade-small: M6 8.5* - 6.0 S Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: M2 19* - 70 S Aldila NV

:cobra-small: 4H 21* One Length - UST Recoil S
:cobra-small: Speedzone - 5-SW

:cobra-small: KING 60*
:scotty-cameron-1: Newport 1.5 - 34"